Repeat

A sparkling fantasy world is here. Rev up your imagination, and get ready to be a part of the story!

Re: Repeat

Postby Dream-Weaver on Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:48 am

Maxwell: I'll be best suited for some of the more populated areas to the west. With my power and a good vantage point I can see a good portion of the town and everything in it.

Robert jumps up and begins signaling

Maxwell: And if I find anything worthwhile I'll send Rob to let you all know. Don't worry I'll send a written message

Robert sicks his tounge out at Maxwell the way a child would
Last edited by Dream-Weaver on Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dream-Weaver

Postby WhiteinBlack on Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:43 pm

Time: 12:05 Day: 183
Contemplation of her drawings didn’t last long when talk of a disruption erupted. Marsa didn’t see it. See wanted to see it with own eyes and hoped it would reoccur. Marsa’s thoughts were swirling about. Could her drawing and this distortion be connected? They must be. It was affecting the reality around them in even more ways.

She ignored the talk around her as she focused on the new clues. She back to her guardian and cut off the flow of power she was giving to Jred. He immediately started shrinking to his puppy state and Marsa’s yellow halo dissipated. She felt a little weary for holding that flow for nothing, but she wasn’t going to sleep with the adults around. She was determined to help as much as she could.

Her foot bumped something forcing her out of her thoughts to investigate. It was Jader’s hat. She had forgotten it with new discoveries. Gingerly, she picked up the top hat. She shouldn’t have treated like so. It was part of the magic boy. It was his identity. The fact he gave it to her is enough of an apology.

Turning about, she walked to Jader who seemed to be deep in thought. She present the hat to Jader which stir him. “I forgive you.” She said quietly, realizing how could she was to this stranger. But his similar age made it slightly easier to continue. “This is yours. Not mind. You should’ve never given me part of yourself.”

When the gray furred cat took his hat, she briskly escaped to her partner’s side. He looked at her with panting content. She smiled back, bending down to scratch his head.

Marsa took notice that Mr. Av was taking his leaving to the church. She quickly ran to him with Jred behind her and ran in front of him, panting slightly before feeling queasy. “Can-can I come with you?” she said, not looking at his eyes.
WhiteinBlack

Postby Avolendi on Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:10 pm

-------------------------------------------Time: 12:06 Day: 183---------------------------------------------

Waiting to see what the others would do, Avolendi admired to warmth of the day and his attention drifted off towards looking at the clouds and the sun trickling through.

Looking down, he noticed that most people seemed to have chosen their direction. He started walking to the church, when suddenly the little sabertooth girl was standing in front of him, asking to come along while apparently looking at her feet.
I'd have expected her to stick with Maxwell and Robert, ah well.
Trying to make her feel comfortable, he decided to talk a bit about what he wanted to do.

"Sure. Have you already met the priest? He's a nice man, but he tends to ramble on about stuff, so watch out." The green feline said while giving a wink.
"The first time I met him, he told me that there exist catacombs underneath the church." And just about everything else I could ever imagine asking. While saying this, he realized it might even be useful that Marsa and Jred came along, the dog (or whatever he is) might be able to find the entrance! "Maybe Jred could look around while we ask the priest about anything that could give us clues to the repeating?"
Avolendi

Postby WhiteinBlack on Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:42 pm

Time: 12:07 Day: 183
Marsa giggled at Mr. Av’s wink, but the prospect of finding something with Jred was a great idea! “That’s a good idea!”

A passing thought made her shrink, however. “Won’t it be dark? There could be something hiding down there. Maybe whatever did this is there and will get us!”

Her imagination continued to make it worse with dark creatures soon added to the picture. “What if there is a Nightmare! Maybe we shouldn’t go.”

She heard Jred’s laughter from her feet and quickly became disbelieving at his lack of seriousness. “I mean it! There could be a Nightmare!”

Jred stifled his laughter. “I doubt there will be any bad things down there. Even if there is something hiding you have me and Avolendi.”

Marsa wanted to argue, but she knew Jred would have a reason for every retort she would present. So she just looked at her feet shuffle in the grass. “Let’s just go.” she mumbled.
WhiteinBlack

Postby MandyHabato on Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:52 pm

Rioch had gotten a little lost. He hadn't seen the distortion, but was close to following what it meant. Whatever was happening, it was getting worse. He was surprised Artemees had been silent this whole time, not even asking questions. At this thought, he looked down at her and stiffened.

Oh Spirits, not again.

She had that 'idea look' some people get. Both Rioch and Art hated each other's 'idea look', because their ideas were usually pretty different and not what the other would ever consider by themselves. But that was sometimes a good thing.

"Okay, what the heck is it?" Rioch whispered.

Art unfroze and her eyes started darting around, as if she was studying an unseen map or diagram.

"If this time-repeat-thing,-" Rioch rolled his eyes at her scientific word for their predicament. "is getting worse, and the girl has her sketches from before...well, let's just say it's a really good idea." She finally looked up at him, excitement and restlessness equal.

"And we have both said that before and found it wrong. Remember when we were real little? 'Oh, let's test out your wings! We can surprise you dad with how good you are at it!' I broke my leg, and we both knew fully well my wings weren't fully grown! It was just a good thing Zy could fly
so fast and get our parents."

Art sighed looking to the sky. "You won't ever let me forget that, will you? It's not like that! And I think it's a better idea than anyone else will think of!" She stopped, hesitant to say the next part. "And part of it will be what everyone's going to insist I do when we start searching the town."

Rioch gaped, speechless. He still hadn't caught on to the main thing she was getting at, but he had figured out the last part. He had thought Art would only stay behind either kicking and screaming or if she was unconscious. To go willingly was something he had thought would only be a miracle.

"Okay, either what your implying and the time-warp are the start of the end of the world, or your saying you are okay with, no, WANT to stay in bed while the rest of us, them...while everyone else is searching town for the cause of this!"

Art looked down and shrugged nodding. "Well, yeah."

"I just pray to the Spirits this isn't a lie to sneak out and fix this all yourself." Art looked up to see Rioch shaking his head, smiling. "Hey! I can be cooperative when I want to be!"

Most all of this was in hushed voices, whether purposefully or because Rioch's first question had been whispered. Either way, Art stepped up reluctantly, speaking to whoever was still there.

"Okay, I wasn't planning on staying on the sidelines to, i dunno, 'heal', until a minute ago. But I guess I will."

On whatever anyone what about to say about how that was 'great' and 'a good idea', she stalled them, raising her hand.
"But!" She smiled a little. "I would like whoever will be in that area to pick me up some parts at the market."

And Rioch finally figured out what her idea was. He was just surprised that it was reasonable.
MandyHabato

Postby Dream-Weaver on Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:40 pm

Maxwell turned to face Artemees

Maxwell: Parts?

He notices the look in her eye, and realizes that she has some form of plan...

Maxwell: I suppose staying behind to "heal" is a good idea. Nothing against you, but I imagine it's be difficult to scout around without a leg

Maxwell clears his troat

Maxwell: I'm going to be in that area, so I guess I can pick up these "parts" for you. What exactly do you need?
Dream-Weaver

Postby MandyHabato on Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:39 pm

Art smiled a little more and dug in her pocket for something. She pulled out a receipt-like piece of paper about a foot long and a pen, jotting quite a few things down. There were numerous and complicated things i can't even begin to list, the simplest being various sizes and shapes of metal, and many kinds of wires. But hey, if Rioch could find all of this before, Maxwell should have maybe only as much trouble.

"Here, I think this is all."

She hands him the list filled with items. "Some of that may be hard to find, but it'll be there. And thanks."

Art was still smiling, but a little bit wider. Rioch had a slight joy to his face, and he bet he knew what all this was for.
And if I'm wrong, He contemplated silently. I'm a ryuu-neko.
MandyHabato

Postby Dream-Weaver on Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:37 pm

Maxwell looks over the list, with Robert looking over his shoulder

Maxwell: I don't even know what some of this stuff is.

Robert scans over the list several more times, commiting the contents to memory.He begins signaling Maxwell

Maxwell: You mean you actually know what these things are?

Robert gives an affirmative nod

Maxwell: *chuckles* I guess Liz has been rubbing off on you then huh?

Robert mouths the preivious sentence that Maxwell said in a sarcastic manner

Maxwell: *loud laughter* Ya know I'm just messing with you.

He turns back towards Artemees and smiles

Maxwell: We'll find this stuff for you, don't you worry about it

Robert stands to attention and give a BIG thumbs up!
Dream-Weaver

Postby Reed R Gale on Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:00 pm

"Then I guess out destinations are settled." Jader said with finality, thanking the first with a smile for his hat. "But wait..." Jader's attention turned to the small boy, Dante, while he put. "Where are you gonna search Dante?"
Reed R Gale

Postby Pascal on Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:45 am

Yeepers, this took off fast again. There was nothing then all of a sudden EVERYTHING. Well then - let's see what I can cook up. Glad this isn't dead though!

"But wait..." Jader's attention turned to the small boy, Dante, while he put. "Where are you gonna search Dante?"

Dante though, was a bit confused, he'd been tracing out the shiny stars in the sky above for the last several minutes, letting the conversations around him slip by. He didn't even know about the space-time rippling that had occurred only a short time back, and he could only gather from context that they were supposed to form teams. Twitching his ears back and forth a couple of times to get the blood flowing again, his eyes scanned the situation as if he were sorting his options - in reality, he was just hoping for a contextual clue as to what was going on. There wasn't any.

Still - of the various groups, Jader seemed to be on his own and given that he had called over to him, perhaps he was asking if he would join him. Given his own position, this was likely best.

"Where were you headed again?" Dante asked "Sorry if I was a bit out of it there - kind of got a bit dizzy when I fell off - hey, where did the giant monster go?" Dante said, ears tilting to the side and tail breaking it's sway in confusion.

"Nevermind, don't answer that, maybe I just bumped my head to hard. So you were going off someplace -" Dante thought for a moment, trying to get the name right, "Raider was it? I'd be happy to tag along if you wanted, I grew up causing trouble around here, so I should be of some help - even if I need a little reminding as to what we're doing. How about it?"
Pascal

---------

PreviousNext

Return to IC - DreamWorld Adventures...