Ravat

Have a favorite character in the series? Any that remind you of a real person you know? Talk about the ones you like, the ones you hate, and see what others think.

Ravat

Postby Mr Aerospace on Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:59 am

Alright, so we have had plenty of time to see the new DK ads, including the longer ones with the Expository Dialogue!!!!!:

So who else realised that we now know Ravat's power as well as part of his past?:
Mr Aerospace

Re: Ravat

Postby Mr Aerospace on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:12 am

Ok. no-one? How about this then:

(thanks for the screen cap, Zagura!)
Mr Aerospace

Postby Devious_Psychopath on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:56 pm

We've known his power for awhile. It was on the old character sheets that David took down.

So I can see that his power is still "decay" related, but I can't make out the rest of it. *squints*
Devious_Psychopath

Postby Mr Aerospace on Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:49 am

:oops: Didn't know about those character sheets, which in hindsight would probably have been a good thing to have read before posting all the stuff about powers. Still, the image itself is revealing for other reasons too. Anyway, seeming there are a few who seem to have issues reading the text there, the whole line is:

Subject: Ravat Alignment: Dark DK CONF
Power: "Contact-traversable decay" (spelt "traversible")
Priority One - report on sight
Mr Aerospace

Postby Zagura on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:53 am

Well last time I asked about those sheets I think I got the "they may or may not be true because spoilers" answer, but at least now we know them to be true since theyre in the books.

Unless of course the information is wrong.

The thing that bugs me the most about this find is his picture lol. I keep imaging Ravat dancing like John Travolta from Saturday Night Fever at some sort of Annual Shock Trooper Fundraiser Dance. Ravat probably had too much to drink and then the other guy in front of him is like: "GUYS GUYS! QUICK TAKE A PICTURE!"

XD
Zagura

Postby Mr Aerospace on Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:59 pm

While I enjoy the speculation this brings up, I don't rely on details until they are solid and in this case, I'll wait until the book in hand before I jump to conclusions ;). But it sure is fun to discuss while we wait!

You're right though. That picture is really disturbing, but for me, it's because 1) I have a very uneasy sense of déjà vu that I can't seem to resolve, and 2) Ravat was a Shock Trooper! The last thing our protagonists need is a psychotic slasher dark DreamKeeper with powers AND elite combat training. :|

I can't really make out much from the picture, but I'm sure there are things going on in the background/foreground that we can't see. From what I figure though the picture itself feels more like a victory pose for the news than a dance. It's as if their unit has just completed a successful operation. Without a better resolution though, I can't tell whether Ravat's making some sort of victory salute or he's actually using that finger to stabilize a knife blade.
Mr Aerospace

Postby DanWithTheHat on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:45 pm

Mr Aerospace wrote:You're right though. That picture is really disturbing, but for me, it's because 1) I have a very uneasy sense of déjà vu that I can't seem to resolve, and 2) Ravat was a Shock Trooper! The last thing our protagonists need is a psychotic slasher dark DreamKeeper with powers AND elite combat training.
The possibility that Ravat was a Shock Trooper highlights the large amount of corruption that is in the Shock Trooper force at this point in time. I'm sure he still has many connections to both current and former soldiers and officers. I wouldn't be surprised if many of them are dark Dreamkeepers as well. O.O

I can't wait to see this page in the book so we can get a better look at that monitor. :D
DanWithTheHat

Postby Mr Aerospace on Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:17 pm

I think you may be right about the connections Dan, although just a counterpoint to your comment on Ravat's connections:
If Ravat, then Igrath.

But...on that note I think "corruption" isn't a strong enough word for Dark DK's. The problem I have with it is that it lumps Nabonidus' plans in with standard corruption, which doesn't quite fit the bill in this story. Sure, corrupt individuals and groups facilitate Nabby's goals and allows his DK's to operate quite openly, but Dark DK's have a greater purpose, and seem to work even beyond the corruption itself, which is why I think they are actually "perverting" everything. So, in my mind the standard nasty stuff is "corruption", and any insidious Dark DK stuff is "perversion".
Mr Aerospace

Postby Calico Yorki on Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:38 pm

Speculations spinning together in my sleep deprivation-addled mind, sit a spell and let me regale you.

What if. Igrath discovered Ravat's true affiliations, but couldn't afford to bring them up, because of the fairy tale-kind of view modern dreamkeepers have instilled in them on Nightmares? Then, Ravat finds out that Igrath has found out, and arranges a little incident to remove Igrath from the problem. Perhaps Igrath had to escape, and was blinded where he should have died?

I also...Hmmmph. Half of me wants to think that Ravat gained a nihilistic worldview on dreamkeeperkind due to an event of losing a loved one, etc., etc., but I get this feeling that he would be a much more appreciable villain if he didn't have a single redeeming factor.

I dunno. I'm sleep-deprived. I am going loony. *siiigh*
Calico Yorki

Location: With the Purple, the People, the Plastic-Eating People
---------

Return to DK Characters