Prologue: Pandora's Bones

A sparkling fantasy world is here. Rev up your imagination, and get ready to be a part of the story!

Re: Prologue: Pandora's Bones

Postby Sorrel on Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:57 pm

"Oh, excellent!" Adanza snatched up a random piece of paper and scribbled a note to himself. "You know, you're the first to apply for that particular position. There's never a glut in the geology market it seems. This is exciting." He stabbed the note to his cork-board with a thumb tack. "Now, Ms. Huang, you said there's a message?"

The tigress slid into the room and dropped the rolled-up note into his palm.

Adanza tugged it open and skimmed the opening, and his face split in a huge grin. Then his eyes stopped on a line. The grin be came a frown. The frown became a narrow-eyed scowl, with the barest hint of worry around the eyes.

"Hm." He marshaled his expression into something less grim and looked up at Lüt. "Well, looks like there's something else to be discussed, Mr. Lüthervane. We should probably get going as soon as possible." A more friendly nod toward Søren. "Many thanks for the show of interest, Mr.Kjær, I look forward to speaking with you again."

The tigress slipped past him and resumed her post at her desk, and Adanza moved for the door. "Shall we go, Lüt? Sufjan?" he asked.
Sorrel

Postby Chemical Cutthroat on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:19 pm

Lüt nodded, “Lets… I’m starving and we have a lot to discuss.” He nodded to his partner, and gave his arm a tap, “There’s a nice place a couple of blocks away, should keep us out of the university crowd and give us some privacy from the reporter mobs.” He chuckled and held the office door for whoever in the group was coming along, and after everyone piled back out, he got back into step with Sufjan and the Doctor, “I suppose it’s going to be a week or two before the media circus dies down to a dull roar.”

He matched the Doctor’s animated pace, “You’re familiar with Anita’s?” His cropped ears flinched a little as he opened the door outside, getting an unpleasant blast of cold, “Good food, shouldn’t be too crowded this time of day.”
Chemical Cutthroat

Postby RedFox on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:26 pm

"Anita's!" Sufjan exclaimed as the winter wind engulfed them, strolling through the university plaza. The night air was rather still and peaceful.

"The rustic seafood joint that slices the Banders for you right on the table. It's quite a treat." He assured Adanza.

Lüt cocked his head to the side and gave his partner a look,

"Noooo..." he said slowly, "Thats Ikka-Tomai, over towards Margate with a splash of Kojiki styling. You know? With the square hats?"

Sufjan stared blankly for a moment. Then in a moment of realization:

"Right! Right! Sorry, it's been awhile. Anita's is the place with the huge waterfall in the center of the dining place. I remember now."

Again, Lüt acratched his head,

"Spirits kid...no thats The Gilded Grill over in Theophanies. Remember? It used to be a temple they renovated over, we ended up in a fight with that gang who tried to crash that one doctor's party over some display artifacts or something."

Again, a quiet, blank stare. This time followed by a rubbing of the temples.

"Anita's...Anita's...with the Star-Squids and 'Anduruna's Greatest Pasta'...?" He asked, hesitantly.

"Iggy's, three blocks away from us."

"...With the giant statue and the-"

"Granite Club in Norvondire. Has the chilled bartop."

"...With the sexy leopard jazz singer that does-"

"-the perfect rendition of 'Tail Full of Lies'? Thats 'The High Note' in Calypsa."

Sufjan stopped walking and mussed his hair in frustration.

"What the hell is Anita's, then?!"

"Local food, has a rooftop patio that has a roaring fire in the middle to keep the patrons warm even in the cold..." Lüt paused for a second, and more to himself, "Have I ever taken you there...?"

"I'm pretty sure that was the same night you convinced me to down four bottles of hard fermentae with you, now that I think of it."

"Right! And you couldn't remember why your tail was scorched... and..." he thought a moment. "Was that the night I came home with that waitress..."

"Right. Also the night that she sobered up way faster than you and broke our nice chair on the way out. You never did tell me why my tail was scorched."

Lüt chewed on his lip,

"Well I thought the night was going okay... I did really like that chair." He looked over to his partner, "Maybe we should go somewhere else?"

"Nono, Anita's is nice. We were just drunk. Very, very drunk."

He looked at Adanza, then Lüt, then the ground, then Adanza again.

"Well I wasn't 'that' drunk." He made a face, "Yeah... okay. We'll go."

"Right, Anita's!" Sufjan said, in the same tone as when he had first said it.

"With a grand fireplace to warm the dining area. It's a beautiful rooftop patio; you'll love it, doctor." He assured Adanza, as if the entire conversation hadn't happened.
RedFox

Postby Sorrel on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:38 pm

Adanza didn't answer. He was too busy trying to stifle his own laughter. The doctor fell in step just behind the two, listening to their banter, absently running through his mental list of things he'd need to cover in their little "meeting."

There was quite a lot to cover -- as minutes passed, he began wondering if it had been a good idea to leave Dai back in the office. She was better at things like this. He just liked gawking at old things and figuring out what the heck they'd been made for, not administrating and recalling massive collections of documents off the top of his head. Besides, she needed to get out more often.

But alas, it was only him. He zipped up his leather jacket to shield against the cold. Eh, it was just a briefing, he'd done this a million times before. Been nervous a million times before, too, of course.

Cayo, you think too much.

He trotted along behind them.
Sorrel

Postby Chemical Cutthroat on Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:36 pm

They saw the glow on the surrounding buildings before actually seeing Anita’s. The soft yellow-orange basked the surrounding buildings in color like a second sunset, and as the brightly colored building came into view, you could almost feel the heat coming off the place.

It was still early, so the bright red and yellow restaurant wasn’t terribly busy, “Ah, here we are.” Lüt proclaimed unnecessarily as he opened the door and held it for Sufjan and Cayo, the warm air instantly wicking away the chill as they stepped through the doorway. The taller adventurer stepped up, smiling to the hostess, “Three please, upstairs… bit of privacy if you could manage it.”

She returned the smile, grabbed some menus, and took them upstairs right away. The interior looked very similar to Dr. Adanza’s office, with all sorts of more ‘recent’ Talocan artifacts covering the walls. Harvest Festival masks of all shapes and sizes dotted the walls, along with strings of beads and all sorts of other, more colorful things. Anita’s was quite the hoppin’ place come party-time.

The second floor was covered, with a big, solidly build awning that stretched across the entirety of the roof, except right in the middle, where a huge fire roared happily. The heat was such that the urge to take off one’s jacket was immediate, and despite the place being open air, it was nice and toasty. She directed the three of them to a side table that was slightly screened from the rest of the dining area, but still had plenty of warmth pouring in from the fire. Lüt pulled out a chair and fell into a seat, the beating he took yesterday was catching up with him again.

“Can I get you gentleman something to drink?”

Lüt nodded, handing his menu back, “Shayed, Fog Cutter Reserve if you have it.” He tried to not look too hopeful, but gave a short smile when she nodded in acknowledgement, “A double then, and an order of the Talocan Rolls as well please.”
Chemical Cutthroat

Postby RedFox on Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:03 pm

"A tall glass of Sparkling Starfall fermentae, please." Sufjan smiled and handed his menu back as well. "And I think I'll take the Glazed Bander Tail tonight, thank you." He nodded to her in thanks and relaxed back in his chair, licking his lips lightly. He hadn't really eaten all day, and the atmosphere was doing wonders for him.

Of course, he was excited to talk to Adanza about the expedition, but his stomach demanded immediate attention.
RedFox

---------

Previous

Return to IC - DreamWorld Adventures...