Preview Sketches

Have a take on the latest Prelude strip? Share it in here! Just notice an enticing story hint in one of the graphic novels? Speculate away! Share feedback, large and small about your DreamKeepers experience. But beware, this forum may contain story spoilers.

Re: Preview Sketches

Postby Oseirus on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:44 am

wildcard wrote:The ladder seems redundant with the stairs right across the room.

The stairs are mobile. Looks like it would be a mild pain in the *** to do, but apparently they can collapse down and be towed away for use elsewhere. In that case the ladder would ensure they still had access to that particular area, albeit minus the ability to carry any particularly heavy cargo up and down there.
Oseirus

Postby DanWithTheHat on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:57 am

It seems like that whole walkway is made to be disassembled and moved quickly. From the looks of it, they could probably pack up the contents of the base and evacuate fairly quickly if they needed to. That would be perfect for a resistance group like the Troika. It sort of looks like a warmer version of Echo Base from Star Wars.
DanWithTheHat

Postby Mr Aerospace on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:03 am

You have no idea just how many inferences this base actually shows!
Mr Aerospace

Postby Oseirus on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:34 am

So, between this week's cover (which looks awesome!) and the last(ish?) preview sketch, it's pretty apparent that Tendril is going to be a major player in this one. I honestly didn't think we'd see him so soon.

"But that can't be Tendril!" you say. "He's all bony and stuff!" you say. Ah, but remember, my friend, Tendril is amorphous. He doesn't have a specific shape. I forget exactly how Dave explained him, so someone correct me if I'm wrong, but he's able to "possess" various objects to take on a more specific form, such as his bone armor seen in the mini-chapter. Either that or as he dies and is reincarnated he takes on more menacing forms. One of the two, although given how long it takes Nightmares to re-spawn it's more likely the former.
Oseirus

Postby Twilight on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:39 am

He doesn't really posses things. He just kind of... picks them up and carries them around with him XD

Kind of like if a giant amoeba decided it needed a helmet, so it absorbs one and then floats it around it's "head" area, lol.
Twilight

Postby Zagura on Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:00 pm

X_X Well someone or something is certainly being a creeper observing Lilith's backside... It looks like someone was watching from inside the library or something? Besides that, the cover does certainly look awesome. XD I cant wait for them to ship! Delicious amounts of awesome are soon to be had.

And also if Tendril is some sort of amorphous mass of tendrils, would that make him some sort of demonic noodle nightmare?
Zagura

Postby DanWithTheHat on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:36 pm

Lilith looks very business-like on that cover. She goes well with the green lettering. ^_^

Zagura wrote:And also if Tendril is some sort of amorphous mass of tendrils, would that make him some sort of demonic noodle nightmare?
He is the Flying Spaghetti Monster! :o
DanWithTheHat

Postby Oseirus on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:57 pm

Twilight wrote:He doesn't really posses things. He just kind of... picks them up and carries them around with him XD

Right! That's totally what I meant...

<.<

>.>

*cough*

Zagura wrote:And also if Tendril is some sort of amorphous mass of tendrils, would that make him some sort of demonic noodle nightmare?

I see what you did there.
Oseirus

Postby Mr Aerospace on Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:51 am

Aha...with the commentary from the previous seasonal prelude now up, I think I understand the "negative space neglected" comment that Scuttler makes in page 11 of V3.

---
Ehehehe! Merry Tuesday!
Mr Aerospace

Postby Oseirus on Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:48 am

Das a lotta mailers.

I see mine! I think. Possibly. Maybe.
Oseirus

---------

PreviousNext

Return to Comic story chat room