POWER PLAY

Every human has their own unique persona in the DreamWorld - and, frequently, online! Come mingle with the colorful cast, and introduce your own character to the mix.

POWER PLAY

Postby Shadowtag on Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:26 pm

Ok, I've heard it before, but some people aren't always there with their ideas for powers for their people. I myself have had this issue a GRAND amount of times so I had an idea:

Why don't we post up powers we've thought of but haven't really used here for free use?

for ideas I would go here: this is a basic list super powers by type and ability. it gives you a basic idea of the types of powers and gives examples from all superheroes in creation.

so the first one I have was originally going to be a street bum/informant named Squid: His powers were based of an octopus which is the joke in his name. It was called adaptive transformation/radial blindness he could change his basic shape/color of his skin/fur and if things got too thick for him he could disperse an area of darkness in about a 20-30 cloud that could allow him to get away.
Shadowtag

Re: POWER PLAY

Postby davathean on Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:31 pm

I will admit that is a good starting point for newcomers but if you know DK well enough you can easily come up with your own because absolutely anything is possible in the Dreamworld powers wise.
davathean

Location: Battaling nightmare's with a squad of Adeptus Astadie's... "Now die warpspawn!!!"

Postby Shadowtag on Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:38 pm

true, mainly I thought is would be fun to see the different ideas y'all could have and be able to compare them. :geek:
Shadowtag

Postby Reed R Gale on Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:41 pm

I made a character but won't post her until I have a role-play I wanna put her in... but here's her power (FYI I love originality):

Russian Roulette:

When her power is activated she goes through a huge personality change that can only be described by suicidal and, a 6 barreled pistol appears in her hand and a black halo appears above her head. Spinning the chamber she then shoots herself in the head. Momentarily "killing herself" but she soon revives entirely changed. Depending on the bullet she gets hit by, her power and personality changes. The form and time limit is different for each power.

Barrier Kinetics: Her personality becomes extremely stoic, and her fur and halo color change to a shimmering silver. While in this form she can control different types of barriers, all of them are sharp edges that move in correlation a part of her body. The barriers are of the following kinds: Normal (will block out physical attacks), Bubble (like normal but in a sphere and slightly more fragile), Rubber, Reflective (Reflect energy based attacks). She can choose for anything to or to not pass through her barriers in this form. Lasts 10 minutes.

Hyper Regeneration: With green fur and halo, followed up with a charming, good-natured personality this form is her kindest power. In this form, she can heal from even fatal wounds, and even to an extent heal others if she is making physical contact with them. This form lasts 30 minutes.

Teleportation: When her fur and halo change dark blue, she becomes a rather pensive character. She can transfer herself or any object in sight to another place she can see or visualize in her mind vividly. If she chooses, she can distribute anything that she can teleport to a random area within a 50 mile radius. Ability lasts 5 minutes.

Skill Enhancement: When her fur and halo are the color of blood and her personality turns to that of a serious daredevil, she is tapping the power of Skill enhancement. While active, all her natural abilities are enhanced 100 fold (strength, skill in any activity, intelligence, etc.). Lasts 15 minutes.

Writer of Destiny: When in this form, her fur and halo are a snowy white, and her personality returns to normal. In her hand where her gun was appears a glowing book and a quill pen that has more ink at its tip than she could ever use. Anything she writes in the book about the near future that does not radically change the future will happen. (Ex: she cannot write, "...and so Yagmoth exploded into confetti," that directly alters his fate, and the book will make the letters disappear, but she can say, "...and then a swarm of the most poisonous spiders swarmed around Yagmoth, all seemingly determined to bite him," or "...she went downstairs to find a cake has mysteriously left there on the table." Lasts until she stops tapping her power, but every word she writes drains power from her. Also while in this form, she can write in her book in a language of her own to activate any one of her powers at a time.

She considers this her true power.

Halo Color: Black, Silver, Green, Dark Blue, Crimson, White
Reed R Gale

Postby Shadowtag on Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:51 pm

I love it! and FYI, I love originality too, it's the main reasoning for wanting to see what your crazy minds would come up with compared to mine.
XD
Shadowtag

Postby Avolendi on Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:21 pm

Shield Force:
Create a spherical energy shield with a certain diameter (depends on power used) around the user. This sphere remains on this location after creating it. It can either absorb damage from anything that travels fast enough, physical or energy based, shrinking in the process. When the sphere is punched against from the inside it discharges a focused energy beam in the direction of the punch relative to the power.

The sphere can be dispelled by the creator by touching it and willing it to dissipate, this will create an outwards explosion in all directions.

The user can also decide to fix the sphere to themselves instead of their current location. Damage is then directly absurd by the person, draining their power. However if a ripple is created on the opposite side of a to be impacted point of the sphere and this ripple is made to arrive on the opposite side at the time of impact, it will allow for the attack to be rebounded with increased force while hardly draining the user.

Dispelling the sphere in this state can be done by either absorbing it back or trigger the violent dissipation.

The sphere does not prevent walking in or out of it, regardless of the way it is created.
Avolendi

Postby Dream-Weaver on Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:43 pm

@Reed R Gale:

That is by far the single greatest power I have ever seen. It beautifly combines Chaos and Order in a harmony of awesome! Also, it involves a gun, and that makes it even more awesome.

You deserve this

Go on, you earned it.
Last edited by Dream-Weaver on Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dream-Weaver

Postby Reed R Gale on Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:01 pm

Erm. What did I earn XD And I'm glad you liked it, I can't wait to use her in a roleplay :)
Reed R Gale

Postby Shadowtag on Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:34 pm

I already know the next one I'm using. it's for a three tailed Vixen with blond fur and hair. Her power creates three silver flames from each tail (nine in total) that dance around as she see's fit. The first thing is that as they are, they don't burn to the touch but feel somewhat warmish, and take up no air... basically overly hyped flashlights as far as she knows. she can even "insert" them into people to keep them warm. But their REAL ability comes to when they touch another DK's halo. when one flame touches a halo, it and it's two other corresponding flames change their color to match that of the halo and they gain properties corresponding to the power of that DK. for example. say the said DK could create powerful gusts of wind, then the three flames would become condensed balls of air that blasted on impact. Or if it's a power that affects someone physically, she can insert them into people to give them a boost in the area over which the original power affects. She doesn't get the full boost that the original power gives though, maybe about half at best.
Shadowtag

Postby Dream-Weaver on Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:17 pm

Reed R Gale wrote:Erm. What did I earn XD And I'm glad you liked it, I can't wait to use her in a roleplay :)

Yeah I think there is a problem with images or something.

Here's a link to a picture of it:

Dream-Weaver

---------

Next

Return to Character cafe'