Outcast Rp (OOC) (New)

Tired of being in character? Relax, ditch the mask, and take a break in the headless room.

Re: Outcast Rp (OOC) (New)

Postby SilverPredatorWolf on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:04 am

Once again halo posted first!

What does this mean? ?_?

Another post up. Waiting on the rest before I send everyone to sleep and end the chapter.
SilverPredatorWolf

Postby Avolendi on Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:05 pm

Since I wasn't sure what to post before I left things as they were. I could find something to post on that, but I still had issues with the 'black six' description and decided to leave it till later. But with the latest post the problem is that in all honesty my character would say 'this is the limit' and quit.

Getting run after and everything is all interesting and being part of some obscure governement group between something akin to SEALS was already troublesome to justify (being civilians) with the whole contract for life, but the being able and 'allowed' to round up shock troopers (who are in themselves similar to SWAT) and then to even execute them is way too far. To be honest that feels like a group where the means have gotten worse than the goal to be solved and would be more suitable as the 'evil organization' than as the 'allies/superiors' of an RP.

I mean no disrespect when I say this, but I feel like in order to keep an RP going you need more practise on storyline and where to set limits regarding overpowering aspects. I don't mind the time spend here and I hope you learned from it, but for now I think it'd be best if you tried to learn more from other RP's, past or future.
Personally I'm (for some time now) planning to read The Heist, since it seems like a good example for different writing styles, though it's probably also a good example on how to progress a story. Another story which is a good example is the Survival Horror RP from chem. Though he uses dice and has a whole system build around it, you can still learn from it how he directs characters while leaving them with their own freedom of actions and of having an overarching goal (which doesn't need to be known to the players beforehand, depending on the scenario).

And with that I'd like to hand in my resignation for this RP. If you wish to continue I'll add one final post stating that Av (and Al) are calling it off from here.

Good luck and thanks for your efforts :)
Avolendi

Postby SilverPredatorWolf on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:03 pm

Ok. The r.p is going down the drain. Who vote we should close?

I'm the worst g.m ever.........

Changes made to the post. Not that it would make any difference.....><
SilverPredatorWolf

Postby Halo's shadow on Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:40 pm

Don't be so hRd on yourself, there are just a few plot issues that needed to be taken care of.

Like Av said, the whole 'black six' idea, it doesn't make a ton of sense to accept civilians. And again with what Av said, you have a slight tendency to overpower your character in the plot. Not just with the troopers' execution, but also earlier, when Av's (I think?) char was in his shop and we pointed out a bit of godmodding...

I was trying to use Mira to shore up a few of the plot holes.. But I think a rewrite would be best.

I think we should do this rp at a later date, when you've got all your ducks in a row.
Halo's shadow

Postby SilverPredatorWolf on Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:48 pm

We redo the entire r.p? Change the plot and everything? We are now down to 2 players not counting me.

Thoughts?

And Av. Please post in the r.p that you are leaving. Thanks.

I think it might be a redo. Have to see what your characters role is before I get any ideas for a r.p. and Av is right. Recruiting civilian for military ops is a bad idea.

So..... any ideas how we can do this?

Character wise, I'll avoid the same mistake.
SilverPredatorWolf

Postby Halo's shadow on Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:58 am

Well, I have a bit of an idea, it makes sense, and can allow for a deeper underlying plot to prevent 'sandbox' mode. I'll pm with the details.
Halo's shadow

Postby SilverPredatorWolf on Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:11 am

I can do that in the p.m. So, is a restart needed?

Who wants a restart?
SilverPredatorWolf

Postby SilverPredatorWolf on Sun May 06, 2012 8:56 pm

Ok.. seriously. Is anyone there?

As for the r.p. I can either do a restart of just make changes. Which do you guys prefer?
SilverPredatorWolf

Postby Halo's shadow on Mon May 07, 2012 6:49 pm

Eh, a restart could make more sense, review the charachters a little closer... We are probably all wondering if you have all your plot items fixed..
Halo's shadow

Postby SilverPredatorWolf on Mon May 07, 2012 8:49 pm

Basic plot is still the same. changes are to be made here and there among other things.

So..... who is up for the reboot?
SilverPredatorWolf

---------

PreviousNext

Return to Headless room.