Outcast: Prelude (Chapter 1: Not one less)

A sparkling fantasy world is here. Rev up your imagination, and get ready to be a part of the story!

Re: Outcast: Prelude (Chapter 1: Not one less)

Postby Avolendi on Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:37 am

At least now some details are getting laid out. Eaten? That's some messed up stuff right there.
Though slowly, Av picked up one of the files and looked through it. It was almost easier to just think of it as a picture from a slaughterhouse, until you recognized the angle it was taken at. He didn't consider himself weak of stomach, but this made him feel a bit bad. Being curious was all good and nice and the sound of the unknown, but this was plain sick.

He put the file away and sat down, thinking on what to do next. Some of the descriptions and annotations were still lingering. First thing was that he really wanted some answers as to why everyone here was here. Depending on the answer to that he'd decide whether or not he'd take the offer. It was nice they'd get paid, at least that suggested the backing was more planned that Arcanas had let on and it meant they might have access to proper supplies as well. Not to mention it alleviated them from paying the rent for some time.

And tests? Sounds like a ball already. Considering everything else they'd probably already know what they wanted to know. Maybe fill in some gaps. Regarding that last comment there was something he'd need to know now. After listening to Tuesday he added his part.

"Some things I'm wondering about as well. How come we're all here? And sorry if this sounds cliché, but why us? And does that comment about leaving only through death suggest there is no solution to this? At the very least I'd suspect when things are over to be able to go my way again, so I think you owe us a bit more of an explanation on that."
Avolendi

Postby Terminal on Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:25 pm

Cyprus grabbed one of the files and leafed through it, checking out the information on the dead guy. Murder he could understand, even suicide, but cannabalism? Thats just messed up. When he finally got to the pictures of the body, he managed to hold back form vomiting. This was just to sick, no one should have ever had this happen to them.

He rubbed his eyes and head, trying to think of why something like that would even happen. Doubt it was for food, no one is that poor, was it just for fun? But on another note, this motley crew is supposed to find out who did it? He had his doubts, but if the pay was good then he'd do it. he'd gotten this far, might as well stick it out, even though he didnt really like the fact he wouldn't be able to quit hen the time was right.

"I agree with Av, why can't we leave when things quiet down? And what about this power test, you all know as well as i do that the moment something like that goes on the troopers'll be everywhere."
Terminal

Postby SilverPredatorWolf on Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:41 am

"All the victims we found have parts of their bodies missing. The blood trail did not go very far. By the looks of the wounds, it's some unknown creature. Either it ate the body on the spot or carry it else where. Now, as for why you guys. We have been monitoring you since you started school. That's where the unofficial recruitment begin. Your progress, relationships, personality, ups and down. Just about everything we need to construct a profile of you. Everyone is a potential recruit. But only a select few make it through the cut. After that, we continue to monitor you till the time to bring you in is at hand. Once the list is narrowed down further, we will gather them and ask them if they want to join the team. Now, regarding the contract, I'll leave that to Luna."

Luna lets go of Arcanas as he was about to get up, she slides down and sat on his lap. "I did not say you can go anywhere." "You really have no shame." "Well, blame yourself for being a real eye candy for the ladies." As Arcanas signs and Luna chuckled, she said "Now, regarding the contract. The death rule works this way. Either you get killed or you go rouge. Until than you will be bind to it till it's up. After that, you can either renew the contract and go for a C.O course. Or you can return to your own lives. Now, as for starting pay. If you join. Will be $2500. As for the group, I'll leave it to my lover." Luna looks at him and winks. He growled.

"As for what your joining. Black six is a black ops group that takes orders and answer to only the government and no one else. We are authorities to kill our targets on sight if they are either to much trouble to bring back alive or trying to escape. The group is created to monitor another black ops unit within the shook troops. You can say that our role is that of an enforcer. But we also deal with cases that the local authorities cant handle. Most members are power users. But we also have does that aren't. For power training, it will be done on a remote island. It's off limits to everyone unless authorised by the government. The shook troops don't have jurisdiction there. Any armed personal spotted approaching the island will be given 1 warning before we open fire on them.

"Unarmed personal will be given three warnings before we fire the first warning shot. Now, as for our other roles. When a power infraction takes place, the shook troops are sent in. They are the public face of authority. We on the other hand, operate behind the scenes. We get notified a few minutes ahead of them and we make our move. When we arrived, we offer them 2 ways out. Either they join us, or we leave them to deal with the shook troops. Or, we kill them because they know of our existence and refuse to cooperate and leave the body prop up so the shook troops will shoot it thinking they killed him or her. As for you guys. If you don't want to join, just don't say anything and you will be fine. Now, any questions?" Asked Arcanas.
SilverPredatorWolf

Postby Halo's shadow on Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:22 am

Tuesday was unsure.. This all seemed rather, extreme.
So not a rebellion, but a government group... How interesting.

He looked to Arcanas, and almost laughed, barely controlling a smile. The thought had just occurred to him, how much cooed this black ops group possibly know about him? He mentally traced back through history, trying to pinpoint in his mind the public release of information regarding previously top secret material.

But no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't grasp it, it had been quite a while.

"So, you represent basically the unseen first blow eh? I can respect that. But tell us, really, how much information could you possibly have on all of us."

Mira, who had been in quiet contemplation, looked up. She was in a tricky spot. On one hand, she had her permanent contract with Mercer... And one didn't cross Mercer. On the other hand, she could donate the money to the mercs' 'donut fund' as it were. Scratching her head, she asked.

"I don't have a very, let's say, friendly history with the shock troopers, but more to the point." She gestured to herself and Tuesday,

"I can grant that you may have been watching these other yokels for quite a long time, and went through some top secret bull**** to get them all in one place at one time. But what about me an' him? I know jack squat about him, only that we're related, and I'm just here by coincidence!"

Realizing something she lowered her hands. Who the hell Was that guy anyhow? He was too young to be her father, or so she thought, she didn't have any siblings, her mom didn't either.. It didn't add up.

She touched his shoulder, hiding the suprisingly strong grip. Then keened over and spoke quietly,

"Come clean bucko, I hate surprises." Tuesday looked at her gravely, and spoke in an equally quiet voice.
"Time travel."

Oh, of course. That solved everything! Mira growled in disgust. She was recovering from the information overload of the day, and was beginning to not like what her mind had come up with,
"Fine! Don't tell me. "

She then raised her hand as if she was in school,
"Uh, yeah, Mr. and Mrs. Smith here? Can we skip to the part where we get to destroy things?"

She was eager to get back to her line of work, regardless of what for, she was a trained mercenary after all.
Halo's shadow

Postby SilverPredatorWolf on Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:52 am

"Enough information to the point that we know the names of the shook troops that were chasing you and Mira around town and what street you were in." Said Arcanas.

"As for Mira here. She is in a bit of a problem. Since you are already working for someone else. Tell you what. You take your time to think it over. But if you join. We will release you when your boss needs you the most. But at the same time, you are not to tell them anything about us or teach them what you learn here." Said Luna as she cracks her knuckle and yawns. "You go ahead first. I'll be in once I'm done here." Luna smiled and kissed him before getting off and out of the room.

When he sees Mira and Tuesday whispering to each other and turning back to face him and Mira asking about destroying things, he said "As for destroying things. We have equipment that can punch through 6 bodies and still have enough energy to enter and exit the house by going through its walls. Do you want to use it?" Asked Arcanas as he smiled. "Now... any futher questions? Also Tuesday and Mira. I would like to have a chat with the two of you after this."
SilverPredatorWolf

Postby Halo's shadow on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:17 am

(I gave it a couple o' days)

Tuesday looked grim.
Many bad things happen in private conversations. but he remained silent, waiting for what came next.

Mira on the other hand, was still feeling a little put off by all this 'we're secret, but not' business. She was wondering exactly what kind of authority was in here. But first, loose ends,

"Ok, first off, I'm a trained killer. There's no need for a euphemism there. Mercer's entire company are trained killers. It's what we do. So teaching, to be honest, there are some characters we have there, that make you people look like you suck your thumb at night." Mira realized she was coming off as rude, arrogant and basically annoying. Good, it would let her CO not have any remorse at sending her into tough spots, what a lot of good commanders fail at.

"And to expand, I've seen bigger." She was of course referring to the possibly existent weapon that Arcanas mentioned.

"Aaand thirdly. If you are so high up in the shock trooper line here, why did we get attacked at the tower?" She looked about the room for support.

"How much sway with the law do you really have?"
Halo's shadow

Postby SilverPredatorWolf on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:08 am

After hearing all this, Arcanas said "If your company is as good as us, why are you here when you can just back out right now? After all you said we are only kids playing with guns. Also, you got the troops after you. I'm sure you can take them on and won't need me to have them clear you of the charges. As for weapon size, would you want to carry something so big and get spotted right away? Or would you rather carry something smaller but it can do the same job as its bigger counterpart? Now. For answers on why we were attacked. Would you do something stupid if you know someone is watching? No. Few people knew about our existence. Which is why the attack at the tower happen. Does who do know about us are kept under watch and have to sign a form binding them to a contract. If they tell anyone about us, he will be charged with treason. As for how much authority I have. Enough to get you arrested and held as long as I want. So.. any futher questions?"
SilverPredatorWolf

Postby Avolendi on Tue May 08, 2012 6:26 pm

As things escalated, Av and Al sat quietly in a corner drinking some tea. Curiosity was one thing, but thing was just all out crazy. And not the fun kind either. The green feline looked at Alric. He had been sceptical from the start, whereas Av had considering going for it at first. Adventure and good crazy were rather interesting selling points.

But with the cold shower and powerplay going on, he was also going to call it quits here. As things died down, he stood up and adressed Arcanas. "I'm afraid things are above our heads here. Helping to solve something mysterious is one thing, but going for a life long contract with some strange governement agency is way over our heads, so if you don't mind we'd like to be shown to the exit or however we're expected to leave."
Avolendi

---------

Previous

Return to IC - DreamWorld Adventures...