Outcast: Prelude (Chapter 1: Not one less)

A sparkling fantasy world is here. Rev up your imagination, and get ready to be a part of the story!

Re: Outcast: Prelude (Chapter 1: Not one less)

Postby Avolendi on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:04 pm

Time for some introductions then I suppose. Av pushed off from the pillar.

"As for me, I'm Avolendi. Not really as up to date as others " He nodded to Al. " since I only tend to hear stuff indirectly. I don't mind helping out if something is up though. For the rest I mostly do some free-lancing, depending on what's available."

He realized it might sound like he was doing some shady work from time to time, but actually it was just too long and annoying to properly explain the details.
Avolendi

Postby Terminal on Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:12 pm

Cyprus cracked his neck, a bad habit perhaps, but he had gotten used to bad habits. So it was intro time, was about time he started hearing something of use. Alric, the man who liked to tinker with stuff, well, that could be interesting. Avolendi, Not as informed as Alric, but probably gets into some dangerous work.

"I'm Cyprus, I build things."

Cyprus didn't specify, and neither was he going to. He built many things, from rather harmless...to pure destruction. But if he and this Alric fellow, could work together...the possibilities wouldn't be endless, but there would be many many more.
Terminal

Postby Halo's shadow on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:56 pm

(terribly sorry! I got really busy!)

Mira bristled at Alric's offhand insult,
"I otta!" Then she quieted when Tuesday gripped her upper arm. She dissolved into a grumbling state of discontent, but didn't speak.
This man is my father?! He doesn't look close to be old enough! How does he do it?...

Tusday then bowed, removing his hat with a flourish, a formality he had picked up in the former time preiod,

"I have no name, but you may call me Tuesday. And speaking only for myself, I know very little of what goes on in the city, I have only arrived just recently."

Mira sighed and crossed her arms,
"My turn huh? My name is Sergeant West. Mira, if you must. And the only reason I'm here is because he," She jerked her thumb at Tuesday, "Said it was a good idea."
Halo's shadow

Postby SilverPredatorWolf on Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:46 am

Tuesday pulled her aside to talk, Arcanas chuckled. Once she has calmed down and introduced herself, Arcanas smiled and said in the voice that Alric and Avolendi heard earlier "As much as I want to give the details, I'll leave that to my lover."

A second figure walked out of the darkness and said "You should really watch what you say." Arcanas chuckled "It's as close as I can get." The second figure step into the light along with the first. By the looks, they are both twins, but the voice is already a give away that something is wrong. The first chuckled and said "Surprised?" The second signs and said "You can stop now." "Aw.. your no fun.." said the first as he chuckled and changes back to her original form and winks at them. "I'm Arcanas. As some of you already might have known. As for earlier, my friend insisted on doing this. Normally I would say yes. But I feel that it's not needed tonight. As for who she is..." he looks at her and she smiled at him before looking at the rest. "My name is Luna dei cacciatori di anima. Just call me Luna for short. Nice to meet you."

"Now that that is done, I tell you guys something that is kept from the media. The number of murders is not 6. But 10. Now, before I go any further, I need to ask, are you guys interested in solving these murders? If your not, please leave now as I'm not allowed to disclose any more information." Said Arcanas.
SilverPredatorWolf

Postby Avolendi on Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:28 pm

With the introductions behind them, Av wondered how someone got a name like that. Ludecarima something... 'Luna' for short.

Due to the abruptness and lack of dramatics in what Arcanas said next, it took a while before he realized it was more than just some numbers that didn't add up. So things are being hidden, but who are the parties involved? And what does he mean with "not allowed to disclose". How does he know about this? Not to mention that suggests he's in some kind of organization where he requires authorization. If the only requirement would be being interested, that wouldn't be hard. Though it probably wouldn't be that simply.

So that meant it still wasn't time to smile and wave, after all. It wasn't just that there was a different number of dead people around. Though bad enough in itself, it meant there were people around that didn't want it to be known how or why those other 4 died. I doubt they'd keep it from the media just to keep people more at ease. The next question then of course is who kept things from the media and why? There can't be that many people that can keep things out of the media...

It felt like a bit like a now or never kind of moment. Of course the cold weather and being in a tower in the middle of the night could have something to do with it as well. All in all a lot of questions awaited answers and Arcanas seems to know a lot more about it. In the time Av had been thinking nobody else so far had said anything, each apparently in their own thought about what this could mean for them and whether it was worth getting involved. It clearly wouldn't be a walk in the park.

He looked around to the others. "As far as I'm concerned, you can continue. Can't speak for the rest of the group though."
Avolendi

Postby Terminal on Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:35 pm

Cyprus got semi-excited when he realized he was having the chance to hear information others would not be exactly privy to. This...was freakin awesome, and he had no other option. If he had gotten to herer to listen to this mans incessant ramblings, he would stay till the end.

"I'm in."

Cyprus nodded to Avolendi and glanced at everyone else who hadn't yet decided.

"Well? In or out? Don't everyone shout out at once."
Terminal

Postby SilverPredatorWolf on Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:23 pm

As Arcanas waited for their answer, there was movement on the street level. A group of 15 shock troops dressed in black slowly made their way to the tower. They maintain radio silence as they approach the tower. When they reach the tower, one of them opened the door without making any sound. But as soon as he steps in, Arcanas can hear the shift of the stone floor. He looks at Luna and she looks at him. No words were exchanged but she knows what has to be done. She sinks into the darkness and Arcanas gave the sign for all to be silent.

Luna came back a few seconds later and said "Shock troops. I count 15. 4 around the tower outside, 4 on the ground floor and the rest heading up." Arcanas cracks his neck and said to everyone "Well... looks like we have some company. Shall we take them on? Or do you guys want to make a run for it?"
SilverPredatorWolf

Postby Halo's shadow on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:53 am

Mira growled at the unfortunate news, then she snapped.

"Ive been chased all day by these rent-a-cop high school dropouts! They've cornered us like dumb ryuu's!"

Tuesday remained silent, his mind quickly working. He remembered Arcanas's power, and had an idea.

"Look, we've got two options for this. The troopers probably followed Mira and I, so we'll run interference outside this door. Arcanas, you have the shadowy dissapoeary thing going for you. Get them out of here. The troopers may not have thier id's yet, and they have a chance of getting away safely. We can probably occupy most of their fire towards us, Mira?"

Mira grinned with a sadistic smile and unholstered her sidearm, priming it with a 'chack-chack'.

"If anyone has better ideas, now would be a good time to speak up." He then drew his sword, which he had kept since the jump.
Halo's shadow

Postby Avolendi on Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:52 am

"The problem is these 'dropouts' you mention is that they aren't mobilized for errand runs and depending on the order they have, they could open fire on sight." Av looked at Arcanas. "I saw you use that shadow something to move others around. Can you get all of us out of here?"

He glanced at the sidearm Mira took out. "I don't know about you, but using that against armoured troopers with springer rifles seems like a good way to get some extra airholes. With their thermal goggles I doubt you'll get much of a chance to slow them down. Better to get out asap."

Thinking further about the situation, something else came to mind. At the least it might be a useful aid. He turned to Al. "Do you think you can tune in my goggles to their frequency? Maybe that could help us avoid them if we can't get out in time." He had mostly been wearing them because he hadn't wanted to forget them when going home, but maybe they'd be useful after all.
Avolendi

Postby Terminal on Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:59 pm

Cyprus leaned back pushed himself off the wall when Shock troopers were mentioned. They never seemed to really helppeople out wherever they went, and he figured seiing a group of people in the top of this tower was what they expected. Could flee like some of the others had suggested, or could stay and fight. He always did prefer opition two. He reached down and took out a couple of sparkers from his cargo pockets.

"Or, and here's a crazy thought, we all stay and fight. These could distract them long enough for us to make a decent assualt, or for a great get-away."

Cyprus turned and looked to Arcanas, the undisputed leader of this rag-tag group.

"so whats it gonna be?"
Terminal

---------

PreviousNext

Return to IC - DreamWorld Adventures...