OOC - Project SEE [open!]

Tired of being in character? Relax, ditch the mask, and take a break in the headless room.

Re: OOC - Project SEE [open!]

Postby Fluffy Salamander on Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:01 am

I think I'll wait for the second day, maybe enter my character as a late(ish) arrival. Hope it hasn't caused too much trouble.

And on another note, there are plenty of comics with titles '-guard' etc, many of them being of the furry category. Just have to look them up online.
Fluffy Salamander

Postby Avolendi on Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:41 pm

It's no problem to just consider your character as having been there, but just not having spoken up before. As for people joining later, they can be keepers who came into the target category for the school recently and were sent along with the latest supplies or something.

As for . Two teams of 8 players. Field with various pits and trenches that exit to the side. To score points, get as people to the opposite side while preventing the other team from reaching your side by knocking them into the pits.
Avolendi

Postby Halo's shadow on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:14 pm

Relevant info, taken from the site.
Played with two teams of eight players each, fallguard was held on a square field of seventy yards long by fifty yards wide. The field was run through with vertical pits and trenches about fifteen feet deep, with five more feet of mud at the bottom. The fall-pits were arranged symmetrically on the field, in a manner where it was possible to go from one end of the field to the other without the need to leap - but some areas were more open and some more limited, inducing strategic variety.
The teams had home areas on opposite ends of the field. The object of the game would be to score as many times as possible against the enemy team, highest score winning the game. A score was achieved by physically entering an enemy's home area. Of course, the enemy would try to prevent scores by knocking attackers into the fall-trenches and fall-pits, just as the attackers would be trying to similarly dispose of their opposition. Anyone falling would find themselves in mud and off of the game field - it was against the rules to climb back up within the field, players had to go through the provided passages to the edge of the field before climbing out, rejoining the game as quickly as possible under the circumstances.
It was against the rules to grip an opponent and throw them - players wore large, stiff padded gloves. Power use was of course forbidden during a game - the outcome would come down to the team's tactical skill, the strength and balance of the individual players, and the endurance of their efforts.
Halo's shadow

Postby Avolendi on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:01 pm

Regarding the goal of playing. At first I expect the characters try to get used to the school. As for going crazy and fighting, they will quickly find out there is little patience for this.

I would also like to ask if you can try to post actions for a day and through comboposts/PM's deal with conversations and such. That way you can both pick a rough goal for the day (your action) and it will prevent things from getting stuck on details. Like how the current things that have happened have only focused on getting in trouble before the first class of the first day, while the progression will be per week.
Avolendi

Postby Halo's shadow on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:04 pm

So is each post supposed to be a measured out amount of time

(ex: one post equals 1 day?)
Halo's shadow

Postby Avolendi on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:19 pm

Almost. The idea is that you make one or a few posts, but together those span an entire week.
Avolendi

Postby Halo's shadow on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:28 pm

I see how that works, :? I'll keep that in mind,
Halo's shadow

Postby Reed R Gale on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:03 am

That's not going to work well.

I have no better suggestion though.

All in all, I think everyone, myself included, is just confused. Yes, I do mean to get on your nerves. But only on things where I see issues.

The biggest issue will be actual player interaction, or in other words, what makes things go. Most people don't plan their posts out for the most part. It isn't like an essay. It's cause and effect. One person posts something, another reacts with a post, and maybe another and another.

Most people aren't going to purposefully coordinate with each other to get everyone's whole days and all interactions on paper.

And how will you, as our game master, react to say...snooping? If I plan a post for a week, I could easily say "Justice was sneaky and didn't get caught." There's just too many flaws.

So if we're going to do this I AT LEAST want an example of how it works. Make a post of what you were thinking on here? How should it look? If you're going to suggest a new way of doing things, you need to show us how to do it.

The RP is already slowing down because no one knows what you want us to do. So...show us. It's show and tell. You've been doing a lot of telling, but no showing. Both are important. Otherwise, I'm going to continue doing my own thing.

Is anyone in agreement here? Or am I just...angry and confused? Be honest, I'm used to being the only one confused.
Reed R Gale

Postby MandyHabato on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:41 am

Honestly, i agree whole-heartily with Reed. The only reason I have posted as I have was because I was following his and Halo's lead. I don't know how you want us to do this! It's confusing as hell, even just explained, and it'd be extremely difficult to plan out a week of school with just one person, let alone ALL of the students!
So, Reed, you are NOT the only one.
MandyHabato

Postby Avolendi on Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:44 am

I had something in mind on how to make those posts, but I'm checking back with Chem first to see if it can't be improved further first, since to get things back on track I need to get the right.

Also about ingame issues. If something is wrong of I missed something, please PM me. I'm still learning this and I would appreciate it there isn't any intentional trying to poke holes when I'm missing things. I don't expect to run a error proof game and I just want to try and create an enjoyable game. So please don't post things of which you know you'll need to change it.

And in case anyone's wondering why I sooner reply to Chem's RP than address issues here, making PM's and posts like this and finding the right way to phrase things properly takes me a lot of time. I generally reread (and rewrite) posts and PM's at least 3 times (and for things like this, often more) to try and avoid being too blunt or type things in a way that makes it ambiguously interpretable.
Avolendi

---------

PreviousNext

Return to Headless room.