OOC - Project SEE [open!]

Tired of being in character? Relax, ditch the mask, and take a break in the headless room.

OOC - Project SEE [open!]

Postby Avolendi on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:15 pm

Project SEE (School for Erudition and Enlightenment)

A special school has been opened outside the city to house youth that are no longer welcome in other schools. With the goal of both enforcing proper tutelage and keeping the troublemakers off the streets the government has restored an old boarding school to working order.

Some of you will welcome this chance for a roof and warm food. Others may be curious or simply have nothing to lose. Answering the call to report at the customs office at the south gate of the Norvondire district, you are asked to sign your Enrolment papers and fill in a Placement test. The officer tells you that in two hours you will leave and go to your new home.

The procedure for the departure is explained in a letter you are given. Upon arrival in the afternoon you will be shown to your designated rooms, given a brief tour of the school grounds and given a brief rundown of the basic rules. In your room there will lay a schedule for when classes start and when exams are. You have one day to sort out your room and in the evening there will be an opening ceremony in the main auditorium. Classes start at 0900 promptly the following day.

You are to adhere to a strict schedule and if you are caught skipping classes or wandering you will be warned and if repeatedly caught disciplinary measures will be taken. In the evening you may spend your time in the cafeteria or in the dorms. After 20:00 you are to remain inside the dorms. Lights go out at 22:00.

For now you hang around to see who else shows up. Some are familiar faces; others are complete strangers usually from other districts. With the atmosphere of the unknown in the air, it all seems quite exciting. There is some arguing from some adults at the door of yet another useless committee. Something about a mystery regarding why the old school was closed. Sounds like something to look into…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are (soon to be) students who enroll in a school outside the city. At the start of each week you can choose what actions to perform in that week either during the day and the evening. Inside a week you can choose which actions you want to do in that week.
You can study during the day by going to class and there will be no risks and you improve on that field. You can also choose to socialize or do other things and risk getting caught. It's possible to try and have someone fill in, but there is no guarantee that will work and if caught both will get a warning. In the evening you can again study to prepare for exams or you can socialize without risking a warning.
There is of course more possible than merely studying and socializing. You can also explore the environment inside and outside the campus. Outside however isn't without a risk as there are wild animals and you're not allowed to go off the grounds, but as the story unfolds you may find reasons to do so anyway.

Also something that might be interesting, after reading up on the details in the history section I decided to add Fallguard as the school sport to the RP. There will be a selection for the team and later games will be played against other schools.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Feel free to ask questions and speculate in this thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Summary of important questions:
  • No join cap. Game will remain open for quite some time after starting.
  • The age range for character is 14-18.
    Everyone is going to be in one class, but since there will be a lot of variation in backgrounds and education, the ages will tend to vary.
  • The setting will be present day Anduruna, so that means no (awakened) powers. They will have a role in the RP though. When, where and how is something you'll find out as the game progresses. That means you can included it in your character creation, but not awakened nor should it be consider normal to find out about it. I asked David on chatnight and just finding out about your power is illegal and has consequences.
  • No risk of character death (unless you jump off a cliff ;))
    How you will influence the story that will unfold is entirely up to you. It's possible to get hurt, but you won't die. Stats are involved (hidden), but how you roleplay will also matter as your choices will have consequences.
  • Pets are allowed. There will also be an open kennel of sorts where students can feed them and let them stay if needed.
    These can only be small ones of course.

Fun facts and interesting details:
School position on global map:
Anduruna Map Edited.jpg

Environment Map
Environment Map Hidden.jpg

Campus Map:
<to be included>

Class Schedule:
ClassSchedule.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Avolendi on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Avolendi

Re: Interest Thread: Project SEE

Postby Thegunner18 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:59 pm

Well, I'm still going to keep an eye on this RP as I said before. I'll most probably jump right into it if it gets off the ground, though ^^ How many people do you think will be able to be in this?
Thegunner18

Postby Reed R Gale on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:59 pm

I'll keep an open mind. I think I have a character in mind. One I've used but not much yet. She'll be fun to use... :)
Reed R Gale

Postby Terminal on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:36 pm

this has tickled my fancy, I'll see about making a character for just this one.
Terminal

Postby SilverPredatorWolf on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:38 am

Sounds good to me. Got a character hanging around that I can use ^^
SilverPredatorWolf

Postby Avolendi on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:42 pm

@Thegunner: I'm NOT putting a limit on the number of people that can join, since handling more people should take relatively little extra effort.

(sometimes you miss those little words that make all the difference >.>')
Last edited by Avolendi on Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avolendi

Postby MandyHabato on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:46 pm

I'm going to join, but is everyone doing new characters for this? ^^ Idk. Anyway, can't wait.
MandyHabato

Postby Thegunner18 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:47 pm

Well, I guess unless you have someone who's in the age range for this school/academy then you may need to make a new character :) I know I'm going to anyway. And you know what? I'm going to broaden my horizons and make a girl. For once.

On that note...what exactly is the age range of the student? Just like a normal secondary school/high school? Because you know me. I'm pedantic, particular and a perfectionist. :D
Thegunner18

Postby Reed R Gale on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:27 am

Name: Lumi Gearta

Backstory:

Lumi lived and lives a mainly average life, though she is forced to work a ted bit harder than most girls her age, seeing as her mother is dead and her father is a drunk. Her mother died in an accident years ago and she is overall over it, but her father apparently isn't using her as an excuse to go out and drink the night... and day away. The only reason they can still live in their dinghy excuse for a home is because she works hard all day to pay the bills.

This gives her time to dream though, and truly appreciate the good of the day. Always cheerful, whenever she can she goes out to practice her singing in the choir she is in, and she also knows how to play a flute, drums of all kinds, and is learning the piano. She is considered a prodigy, but she never uses it to make money, feeling that using something like that to make money is the equivalent of swindling others.

Lately though, she has had to compose songs to keep up on the bills...

When she was six, her power activated and the shape of her halo astounded everyone! It was in the shape of a musical note. As a young girl, when her ability activated, everything around her seemed to sing to her and she sang back. People found her power acceptable in public, as everything around them was singing a beautiful cacophony. She heard them as words though...as greetings to her and her singing in reply wasn't singing to her, it was musical language.

She was especially encouraged to pursue music by her mother, while her father would be indifferent to the whole matter, as he's deaf. Tone deaf, that is. Her mother told her to learn everything she could and acquired whatever tools her daughter needed to pursue her dream of becoming a great musician. Lumi in turn practiced everyday, willingly pushed on by her mother. She watched as the music she read got more and more complicated. Though as she practiced, she found another love. One for dancing.

At the age of 10, she was learning to play her first instrument, the flute, when she saw performers in the street with tambourines, dancing to lively music. The child's dream changed a bit more, and her mother, ever-supportive, enrolled her in a dance class. At first, it turned out that she had two left feet. She had been so used to being naturally good at things she tried, as music was all she had ever pursued. This experience had been a shock to her.

Her mother though, kept picking her up when she was down, informing her that if she practiced, even if she wasn't as good as the others, she would get better. Lumi found then that she didn't need to compare herself to others. Peers that surpassed her were now markers, achievements that if she surpassed them...then great! The real person she needed to surpass, though, was herself.

After one year, she was dancing as well as any other in the class, perhaps even better! One day when coming home though, she noticed her mother wasn't there to ask her how her lessons went. Looking at her father, he had a grim look plastered on his face. It was much more serious that the usual expression he wore. Something was wrong. She asked him what had happened, but as he heard her, he just shook his head.

To this day, she doesn't know what happened to her mother, but she carried on her legacy: That hard work would pay off and the only one you should compare yourself to is yourself. Those are the two phrases she lived by, all the way until now.

Bio:

The girl is a generally average schoolgirl in most aspects except she doesn't try to conform, which leaves her with one friend... and a weird one at that. She is generally shy, but can take initiative when she needs to and is always willing to go the extra mile to help out a friend in need. What she lacks in natural talent (which is basically everything but music) she makes up for in trying her best, and practicing.

Power:

Aria of Awakening:

Halo: Black 16th note.

When the user activated her power, a halo of musical notes appears over her head. While in this state, the user is given a conductor's baton and can point at objects with it. Then, music will begin to play for all to hear, sometimes beautiful, sometimes sad, sometimes rowdy, but for the user it is different.

She, you see, hears music as language. When she points at a sheet of music, she will hear as it was supposed to be played, but it will not mean anything language-wise...unless the writer had a message he/she wanted to convey.

In this way, she can sing back to the object and communicate and actually converse. Her singing voice is amazingly broad allowing her to be fluent in any "language".

On a side note, the greater the message the object wishes to convey, the more power is takes out of her to respond and keep the music playing. Keep in mind, she's a rather frail girl. Not weak per se, but definitely not a tank.

Let it be noted that every living being has an "Aria" and when she forces that song out of someone, they will hear their own voice as a language beyond words. When she communicates in song it is always understood by the receiver.

Let it also be noted that she cannot control the volume of any Arie, it is what it is, no more or less.

Finally, she cannot activate her own Aria. Yet, anyway.

There is no known direct use of her power in combat.

Appearance:

Lumi is a average looking red fox that is 5.6'' in build with green eyes, sporting what some may say "less than average" cleavage. She usually wears a plain dress that goes down to her knees, but on occasion wears khakis or jeans. Also, she prefers plain white tees and a windbreaker jacket with a hood which is usually white as well.
Reed R Gale

Postby Avolendi on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:13 pm

First I should note that I forgot a rather relevant word regarding the entry limit. To repeat, there is not a limit on the number of entries. The way things are set up also allows for people to be away for a bit. In the mean time they'll just act like normal students, which means you don't need to worry if you're away for some time.

The gametime will likely be a week per RP week. This will allow everyone time to post, read and plan things out. If people plan to discuss things in a group, I also ask that you try and create a combo post so keep things easily readable for the rest.

@Thegunner: No problem! Feel free to ask if you think I've missed anything or something isn't clear.
The age range for character is 14-18. Everyone is going to be in one class, but since there will be a lot of variation in backgrounds and education, the ages will tend to vary. It also helps that the shool is starting its first year.

The setting will be present day Anduruna, so that means no (awakened) powers, since that could be complicated regarding government involvement. I'll ask Dave tonight might happen if a person discovers their powers and what consequences it would have. I imagine at least regulated supervision, which would contradict with the setting. It doesn't hurt to describe them or think about them, though for character development and such.

@Reed: The only thing I'd like to ask is that you edit the part about how power being awakened. For the rest it looks good (she will be going to a new school though, so you might want to clearify if that friend also wound up there ^^)
Avolendi

---------

Next

Return to Headless room.