Notes on Creating/Joining/Participaing in RPs

Tired of being in character? Relax, ditch the mask, and take a break in the headless room.

Re: Notes on Creating/Joining/Participaing in RPs

Postby Lord of the Forest on Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:50 pm

davathean wrote:its more that im used to RPing in real life with friends of mine and i don't under stand how it works on a forum... look to better phrase it i don't understand how it works with the posts, i mean it raddled my mind a bit just how do you manage it.

Easy answer!

One fellow decides he has an idea for a plot and sets up a thread in the Headless Room. Other people sign up, make characters, and the person who set up the thread (referred to as the game master, or GM) creates another 'in-character' thread in the IC - Dreamworld Adventures sub-forum. The Headless Room is meant for out of character conversation so everyone can comment or bring up issues with the roleplay. The IC thread is where everyone posts 'in-character'. Usually the GM sets up the situation and the players post in third person format describing what their character is thinking/saying/doing. The GM reads these and responds accordingly. Rinse and repeat until the roleplay is finished.

You should try reading the first few posts of some of the roleplays, both the IC thread and the Headless thread, to get acquainted more personally.

:geek:
Lord of the Forest

Re: Notes on Creating/Joining/Participaing in RPs

Postby davathean on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:40 pm

Thanks for the tip, ill put it to good use in the future.

o and by the way nice to meet you all :D
davathean

Location: Battaling nightmare's with a squad of Adeptus Astadie's... "Now die warpspawn!!!"
---------

Previous

Return to Headless room.