Nightmare Spawn Pool

Every human has their own unique persona in the DreamWorld - and, frequently, online! Come mingle with the colorful cast, and introduce your own character to the mix.

Re: Nightmare Spawn Pool

Postby Darkice-421 on Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:04 pm

You know,I should have never used that word rape... Maybe Seductive Nightmare?

*Clears Throat.*

Maybe we should have a list on what sorts of Nightmare types are around. Maybe like "Recruiters" (Bribing creatures to their side) and Decievers (Tricking creatures and then killing or using them.)
Darkice-421

Postby Suraru on Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:43 pm

im the one who said rape, and it was ment for uber suffering
im not surprised it was dv, but i am a bit sad,

also dark, dave might be one tonight, ask him about it
Suraru

Postby Darkice-421 on Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:11 pm

I forgot to. But anyways this is meant to be for Nightmare bios so we should stick to that.
Darkice-421

Postby Suraru on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:54 am

and comments about them!

but dark is right, we get off topic to much lol

my idea for a nightmare while my insomnia sets in...

mem wek jor
its a large, dumb, brute of a nightmare
not much different from tendril, but its not as smart, doesn't make rhymes, and its bigger... thats really all about it lol
Suraru

Postby Darkice-421 on Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:34 am

Mine is similar, he was once the big purple beast in the comic I'm doing. But he is a ball that can grow tentacles that secrete bone substance out to make armor for himself and others. He's also meant to keep things... "Buried" He is smart but not AS smart as most. But yours sounds something that works with muscle so something I'm thinking around the same lines of Grunn but Nightmarish of course.
Darkice-421

Postby Reaver on Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:36 pm

So yeah, I had this one in mind for some time, it serves as one of the main villains in the story I'm still planning to write. !

The First

„You Dreamkeepers have one single, tiny-ittsy bittsy problem...you break too fast.“

Seeming Gender: Unknown – current body: male PowerLevel: High

Ability

The first is a parasitic Nightmare. While able to survive on it's own it still thinks of doing the worst thing it can imagine to the puny dreamkeepers, letting them get killed by those they love.

Considering it's small size it simply get's into the Dreamkeepers mouth in a moment they don't expect it, most times when they are sleeping. When that is done, magic happens. Depending on the Dreamkeepers willpower it's character will be immediately destroyed, it will remain as a voice small or big inside the First's head or will kill the First. Last thing only happened twice until now, much to the First's dismay.

Aside from taking over the body, it can look into the Dreamkeeper's memory and get even more quickly into the character, not pun intended. Aside from that, there is also another thing to consider. If a Dreamkeeper hasn't developed a power if it's taken over, it will remain so until the bitter end.

A Dreamkeepers body taken over by the First developes strength, speed, agility superior to most other dreamkeepers and the Power of the Dreamkeeper itself also becomes strengthened. This is the main power of the First, strengthening it's host so it can keep actually keep up even with stronger Nightmares.

The current Dreamkeeper has the ability to form small orbs of spinning wind in it's hand, unleashing them as compressed blasts unto it's enemy. It is a simple ability but thanks to some nightmarish treatment, the blasts also come now in larger sizes, they can be used to propel objects to speeds matching bullets, they can also be created under the hosts feet, thanks to some time of learning and be used to accelerate the own body.

Looks

Nobody knows much about the First's real looks. The few nightmares who actually witnessed it spawning would actually joke about it's small form and a long time ago, when it first entered the Dreamworld, it might've been mistaken for a weaker Nightmare. It is about 40 cm long and looks like some kind of really, really ugly worm. You know, the kind you just want to step on when you see it, or makes you all „D'awwww“, depending on your tastes. It has six eyes up front and a small mouth with lots of sharp teeth (it developed those because sometimes those domested ryuunekos can get pretty dangerous, especially the cuddling!). The Body is black, but has a white bone-shaped coloring, along with a face whose color imitates the shape of a skull.

The current dreamkeeper is a sixteen year old male lizard from Kojiki. It has black scales, with golden ones creating patterns of various shapes, these aren't very orderly. So you can a flower shaped scale pattern on his upper right arm and on his left arm, there are three lines going down the hole thing to the fingers. The dreamkeeper has also whiteblondish hair, which the First keeps short, because that's apparently 'in character'.

He is normally seen wearing short, dark red trousers alongside a sleeveless white shirt. To that he wears a red sash with white stripes and a headband in the same design.

Character

„Maybe I could be of assistance?“

The Dreamkeeperhost, who goes by the name of 'Kishi' grew up in a family that valued honor and tradition, especially the one of the Kojiki district itself. Though in later years he began to question the values of the Kojiki-district itself, seeing only a whole Anduruna before him, he liked the ideas of chivalry, pride and honor. The tales from the Era of Kings, the ones of noble peasants rising up against their corrupt masters, he found especially interesting. So he grew up, always trying to live up to those stories. To him, no failure mattered.

Until Kishi vanished. The First presents himself as a young man, always ready to help out, always there for friends in need and definitly no vicious monster just waiting for a chance to slaughter them and everything they hold dear.

„I most certainly am just another Dreamkeeper, nothing special about little old me.“

The First itself is a deceptive Nightmare who couldn't care less about things like 'chivalry', 'loyality' and 'honor'. It simply works to destroy, even if it has to end in other nightmares being killed, even if it has to make enemies up above.

It doesn't have great schemes, it simply slaughters when it thinks the time to be right, when everybody feels save. That's why it holds a certain liking towards the Dreamkeepers, they are so easy to break. It finds the faces priceless, then everything around them is burned by their son/brother/friend( or daughter/sister/friend, in times the host is female) to the ground.

It's lack of loyalty mean that it always goes out alone and doesn't care much for the other Nightmares. It even killed some a few times in the past, when it needed to uphold the role. In the silent ages, it remembers to have thought more often at the side of the dreamkeepers than the one of the Nightmares, though the times of combat and the actual damage done differ vastly.

„You could always, you know, stop bleeding.“

It takes the liking to Dreamkeepers so far, that it kills them as fast as possible, until there is a really annoying one. One who likes to play the hero, who has fire in his eyes and not fear. Those it tries to teach a lesson. Those are the ones it especially tries to maim.

About the Name

The name originated in the silent era. It was until then, that the Dreamkeepers weren't even aware of the existence of that specific parasite. Everytime it took over a Dreamkeeper, they simply thought that one had become a dark one. Then, one time it respawned it crawled for weeks, whole months over the vast and empty plains, just to find that Lord Void had achieved the possible greatest victory for the nightmares. The only Dreamkeepers the small Nightmare found were cadavers.

Then it met a teenage dreamkeeper who travelled alone, it tried to sneak up to the Dreamkeeper, but that one, a female, had been sharp and the moment it got near enough, stopped it by simply putting the foot on the monstrosity.

The Nightmare saw a golden halo appear above the head of the Dreamkeeper who just said: „I wanted to try it out on a bigger one, but well, you'll serve as my first.“

It never mentioned to other nightmares how it got the name, since that would greatly deprive it's standing in Blarghu.
Reaver

Postby Suraru on Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:51 pm

ugghhh parasites, i hate those, a true nightmare for me, good job :)
Suraru

Postby Calico Yorki on Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:48 pm

Hmmm...

...Let's roll.

~ ~ ~

"I suppose you haven't met old Akkad."

"Even if you killed him, he wouldn't die."

Name: Akkad
~
Power Level: High
~
Form: His main body is very lean and muscular, covered entirely by a black and gray carapace. He has no head, not even a neck - Just a large, vertically-aligned, glowering gold eye always open on his chest. Both of his arms entirely consist of a pair of massive pincers. His digitigrade legs are simply ended by a pair of spikes, and behind him rises up a huge, scorpion-like tail that simply seethes with poison.
~
Abilities: Not many in the "supernatural" department. In creating himself, Akkad focused on what would be most effective for killing dreamkeepers - Thus, he has an incredibly perceptive ability to see through his one eye; has small openings to pick up even tiny sounds hidden near his shoulders; pores on his stomach can detect scents and tastes; and he even has "ampullae of Lorenzini" around his eye that allow him to detect the electrical auras that all living things give off. Not to mention his crushing strength, impressive speed, monstrous endurance, poisonous tail, and if he's consumed enough flesh through the hidden jaws between his shoulders and body, instantaneous regeneration.
~
Weaknesses: Akkad deliberately reduced his own abilities to reason, plan, and hopped up his already-infamous hostile behavior to turn himself into a rampaging beast that even other Nightmares dread having to approach. This is partly because he's found an easy way to sustain his instant regeneration's need for flesh - It was only recently discovered that it wasn't a stealthy dreamkeeper killing random low-ranking Nightmares...

As well, while his instant regeneration is immensely difficult to combat, one particularly violent dreamkeeper many years ago easily defeated Akkad based on this contrived principle: "Instant regeneration is nothing to be scared about. You just have to put them away before they have anything left to regenerate."
~
Quirks: Still actively hunts any and all descendants of the last dreamkeeper to kill him - The aforementioned "combat philosopher" who found a loophole in Akkad's regeneration.

~ ~ ~

How is he? Does he suck?

Prolly. Hm?
Calico Yorki

Location: With the Purple, the People, the Plastic-Eating People

Postby Darkice-421 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:40 am

... *clap*. *Clap* You are an interesting person, Yorki, our ideas are truly a work of art, even if one or other sides are simple. I love "The First" for he seems as slimey and cruel inside and out. However, I still do not understand how he works. Does he kill The Dreamkeeper? Or simply live in them?

As for Akkad... He's a brute, made to kill and kill hard. Though he uses his senses greatly in a hunt, even if he has a large exposure for his eye. I would say medium in lifeforce/ power. For he can kill a Dreamkeeper, he just isn't too bright... Or seems it anyways.

But very good work so far on these Guys. I would LOVE to see more of these ghastly creatures.
Darkice-421

Postby Calico Yorki on Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:24 am

Welp.

I just realized that, in one of my hissy-fits, I deleted the last posting of a couple of my Nightmares and forgot to post them back up.

I'll just correct that, and tweak Belthess a little bit. Plus, I'll throw in a Nightmare I've come up with called Hai'ath just for the heck of it.

Hope you guys like them!

8D

=== === ===

Name: Vam Fel
~
Chosen Gender: Male
~
Power: High
~
Intelligence: Very High
~
Form:
Disguise
Greatly resembles a dreamkeeper, with a body covered in smooth, pale blue scales, a hard, chitinous, navy blue plate armor covering his head, shoulders, and tail, digitigrade legs, and spherical silver eyes with slit pupils sunken deep within his head-armor's sockets. He normally wears a plain gray suit, two heavy belts - One above the other - Thin cloth bands around the palms and backs of his hands, spats on his feet and tail, ala Scythe, and a dull gray fedora with a faded blue band.

True Form
Stands easily at 13'7'', covered in a heavy, pale green-gray and dark gray natural armor, with further plated reptillian jaws atop a long, thick neck, a body that progressively widens downward, and thick, short, sturdy legs. As well, though it can't be seen clearly, face bears a second set of jaws - Just above the main jaws. Behind him extends a broad, stout tail with three semi-elliptical lobe fins in a row midway-down both the left and right sides. At the end of this tail is a sizable, ovalloid club of shaped armor plating, with one stout spike on both the left and right sides.

More lobe fins are arrayed in two rows of five down the left and right of his back, in addition to a pair of curved, parabolic, separated plates resembling a beetle's wingcases; and he has two elliptical protrusions on either side of his jaws bearing empty, onyx-gray eyes staring forward. Down the back of his neck as well as the outsides of his "wing-plates" are stout, sharp spikes, about half the size of those on his tail. Lastly, from two holes on the front of his body's carapace extend a pair of curving, flexibly-plated, wickedly-pointed arms with small spines on the inner-edges of each.
~
Abilities Overview:
Quite a bit of his energies were devoted to allowing a pair of interchangeable forms depending on the situation. As such, he has average senses and physical abilities in his Disguise form, and his True Form forsook greater senses and speed for incredible defenses and the ability to survive anywhere from the driest deserts to the deep ocean.

As a matter of fact, he can swim in water much more swiftly than his trundling movements on land. Some particular functions he added were the ability to save up extra reserves of fats and nutrients from large meals for nourishment when food runs low, and special pouches alongside his neck which store up water for spitting in pressurized jets. Similar in function to a wild giant water ryuu-neko, these jets can easily erode stone and pierce flesh.

One function he managed to work out in his last revival, at the expense of a notable portion of his brute strength, was the ability to exude a special liquid that can, to a certain extent, dampen the effectiveness of energy-based Powers, i.e., Namah's Ether Tendrils. However, a Power like enhanced strength would be unaffected. The actual, primary use of this liquid is its ability to better insulate against heat and cold.

Lastly, his Disguise has no abilities to speak of - Fortunately for Vam Fel, he's able to avoid most suspicion with the Powers Ban that occurred since his last death.
~
Physical Qualities:
As mentioned, his disguise as a dreamkeeper is average in all respects and has no Power of its own. However, Vam Fel's True Form forsakes speed and finely-tuned senses in exchange for notable brute strength and an incredible degree of physical endurance. While he's slow and even a bit clumsy on land, when he enters the water, he uses the lobe-fins on his tail and back as well as his wing-resemblent shell plates to swim with great speed and grace. Thanks to not sacrificing his own intelligence and memory, Vam Fel is all the more dangerous for his ability to strategize and more effectively use his body's resources.

Unfortunately, as a price to pay for these great abilities, Vam Fel's actual dreamkeeper disguise has rather poor eyesight and very little sense of smell, while his Nightmare form has similarly poor eyesight, practically no sense of hearing, and mainly has to rely on his marginally heightened sense of smell to locate prey. Once Vam Fel has gotten close to a target, though, he'll mainly render them incapable of escape with either prolonged jets or short bursts of pressurized water, then approaches further to dispatch them with his wicked forearms and primary jaws filled with two rows of serrated teeth.

Lastly, as mentioned before, a large portion of Vam Fel's energy was devoted to capabilities for survival and even thriving in extreme environments. Vam Fel can survive easily in not only Bralgu's volcanic wasteland, but also in dry deserts, icy tundras, and even in the gigantic pressure near the ocean floor. Additionally, Vam Fel can store up extra reserves of nutrients and fats for when he can't readily access food, and he can secrete a thick, oily coating that not only insulates against extreme heat or extreme cold, but also defends somewhat against energy-based attacks.
~
Supernatural Abilities:
Despite focusing much of his energies on an effective physical body, Vam Fel has also accumulated a number of highly-effective supernatural powers. His overall favorite to use involves extending numerous energy tendrils from within his secondary, upper set of jaws that will bind targets and steadily leech their energies.

As well, he can generate powerful vortexes of sand and dust while on land and fierce whirlpools while submerged in water, and to supplement his swimming abilities, can focus the vast majority of the energy he would divert for other supernatural abilities into a huge jet of water from his jaws which is spewed directly into the ground.

From there, it steadily erodes a roughly twenty meter-by-twenty meter diameter area into a sizeable, murky pool of water. This allows Vam Fel to fully exercise his advantages underwater - For a time. This water is sustained only by the energy put into the attack. Once this energy runs out, the water slowly evaporates - Leaving a disfigured, but dry landscape.
~
Bio: Vam Fel is known by many of his peers as a "Nightmare-hating Nightmare." However, superiors like Nabonidus refer to him more as a "free thinker." Like many Nightmares of high intelligence, he found himself angered with credit being taken for his accomplishments and the rest of his plans being disregarded over and over again. As such, he decided to desert the main Nightmare faction.

For the past two centuries or so, Vam Fel has used his Disguised form and inherent mental abilities to turn dreamkeeper society against them. He's used many ventures over the years to accumulate money, convert old money into new forms, and stash it in a bank account managed by a few dark dreamkeepers still loyal to him. The reason Vam Fel is not being hunted by other Nightmares is because he still reports back to give news of his success - Every decade or so, give or take... - And is still clearly devoted to the Nightmare cause.

At this time, he's running a c@sino in Talocan, a fermentae brewery in Calypsa, and a small, privatized mine deep in Ruskol that he managed to flatter and handsomely bribe some politicians into letting him keep the deed he "acquired" from the original owner. Said deed was acquired shortly prior to the original owner's murder while Vam Fel had the perfect alibi of being in the hospital for a proven occurence of a disease.

In regards to personality, Vam Fel puts up a front of being laidback, jovial, and a bit cheeky around the dreamkeepers he's intermingled with. They know him as a wisecracking fellow who's always up for some extra cash and can easily be swayed to help out someone in a jam. However, the majority of Nightmares know Vam Fel as a brutal, implacable, conniving chessmaster who's impossible to read, as well as frequently holding a grudge for longer than some Nightmares have existed in the Dreamworld.

An old acquaintance of Nabonidus, he and Void are the only two Nightmares that Vam Fel can truly be said to respect in any degree. He treats most Nightmares as "violence-crazed swine" and "having no ability for forethought or self-regulation." One who tries to control the situation with brute force will quickly earn Vam Fel's ire. Finally, when he wants time to think by himself, Vam Fel usually retreats to the deep oceans closest to Bralgu.

===

Name: Belthess
~
Chosen Gender: Asexual
~
Power Level: Medium
~
Intelligence:
Originally ~ Very High
Currently ~ Average
[ Reduced To Boost Other Attributes ]
~
Form:
Larval Stage
Resembles an overgrown bagworm, about the size of a football; a squirming shape contained within a leathery, dark brown covering. At frequent points in the day, a long, sticky protuberance unfurls from within to grasp at food or water nearby - Be it random prey or "gifts" from other Nightmares. Nobody's been able to see what's inside, nor does anyone have a particular desire to see what grotesque Nightmare rests within.

Shell Stage
Has grown to a size roughly approximate to a large dreamkeeper's torso - Say, Igrath's or Grunn's - With a dented, pockmarked, lackluster black shell of semi-metallic, semi-stony qualities, in the approximate shape of a squashed sphere. Said shell periodically opens to show a second shell within - The color of rust, lackluster, but much smoother - With a number of variously-sized golden eyes staring out of a horizontal row of five large, circular eyeholes. From time to time, a number of blunt, banded, sticky purple tendrils extend from somewhere within shell to slowly and laboriously drag the main body around.
~
Physical Qualities:
Sluggish and possessing no real way to physically attack, one might wonder how such a Nightmare has survived so long. The fact is, by using its Larval Stage to accumulate stray energy particles and store up energy from food, it gained enough essence so that roughly half of its energy could be devoted to defenses.

Its shell is even stronger than first appearances, and when it closes up tight and simply rests on the ground, it can withstand massive eruptions and multiple Powers assailing it at once without a scratch. However, it must open up the outer shell to use its supernatural abilities, and the body within the shell is incredibly fragile while exposed at this point.
~
Supernatural Abilities:
Most of its essence not devoted to defenses was used for supernatural abilities. It can generate barriers that will reflect energy-based Powers back at the user(s), and said barriers are capable of being affixed to protect its allies. Additionally, it can manipulate magnetic forces to attract or repel any metallic objects, enable its quasi-metallic outer shell to float and launch its body as a missile, and severely tamper with electronic devices. Other abilities include generating vicious sandstorms from seemingly nowhere, and exerting crushing forces as a sort of "curse" on dreamkeepers who have had siginificant physical contact with it.
~
Bio:
At a moderate level of influence and possessing great intellect, Belthess was known for incredible patience - Always waiting, listening, and strategizing until the right time to act. As such, it waited a long, long time pondering how it should build its form, how to use its energy, how it would maximize its effectiveness.

Thus, it was only a matter of time before Belthess came across the "multi-stage" process of constructing a form - Soon after, it had devised the plan it used to construct its most successful form. By using a non-offensive, weak Larval Stage to accumulate stray energy and simply eat, eat, eat until enough essence was stored up, then building up that a form which would prioritize defenses along with some supernatural abilities, Belthess became the approximate Nightmare equivalent of a WWII army tank.

What we see in Belthess's reocurring form is the result of this plan. Additionally, everytime it uses the Larval Stage, it retains a marginally greater amount of energy into its next form. Before long, Belthess will likely have attained a "High" level of power - And then, there's no telling what it can and will do next.

===

Name: Hai'ath
~
Chosen Gender: Male
~
Power Level: Medium
~
Intelligence: Average
~
Form:
Bearing stony, dark gray skin, has a stout body which is mostly torso - Dominated by a huge gut that bears on itself a tattooed mark consisting of a circle divided into four equal segments, with eight small, wavy lines around the perimeter, and the kanji for moon in the center ( 月 ). With short, but incredibly muscular arms and sizeable, rounded masses of solid black for legs, his build and lumbering gait makes it clear that Hai'ath focuses more on a tank's defense than a jet's speed, as compared to many Nightmares. In addition, Hai'ath always stands in a low, wide stance that is almost forced by his bodily structure.

At the ends of his arms are solid black, almost inproportionately wide hands. Both hands are extremely thick with three blocky fingers each, and they are normally held flat with palms outward. Heavy, two-toed feet support his massive frame easily, while hanging down to ankle-length from around the waist is a skirt of long, flexible pale gray flaps, about eight in total, formed naturally out of Hai'ath's armored skin. His reptillian head's broad, tapering muzzle is completely filled with blunted fangs of massive size. More noticeably, lackluster black armor covers almost all of Hai'ath's head; save for allowing the mouth to open and a single opening for his unblinking left eye - Black sclera, with a large, glowing red pupil/iris.

Pointing back from near his skull's crown is a tapering, perfectly-straight horn formed from his "naturally"-formed helm. Similar plates of armor bearing the same dull black color protect the shoulders, chest, and part of the back. On the note of vocalizations, while Hai'ath can speak coherently, in the case he finds no reason to - i.e., almost all of the time - He merely communicates in low, rumbling groans, grunts, and growls. Lastly, hanging from the back of head is a small tendril-like growth connected by its end to five fanned-out, rectangular panels resembling a sort of makeshift ponytail.
~
Physical Qualities:
Standing at 8'11'' and weighing over 900 lbs., this Nightmare won't be winning any competitions for speed. However, not only does he boast ridiculous levels of endurance, but his sheer brute strength is terrifying - A single well-placed arm thrust could kill an unprotected dreamkeeper instantly, and when he stomps to display a challenge, the ground can be felt shaking for no less than a mile around. However, this body requires massive amounts of food to sustain, so Hai'ath has finely honed his senses of smell and hearing at the expense of sight so as to better find nourishment.
~
Supernatural Abilities:
Few to speak of. However, Hai'ath can form short-lived barriers at his palms during arm thrusts which can easily launch foes several meters through the air or deflect large projectiles. In addition, he can use extra energy stored up in his gut from training and eating to heal his body of minor wounds in one quick go or boost his strikes to an impressive degree. In such a state, the shockwave resulting from his arm thrusts will form waves on the surface of water, and his stomps have been known to rend small fissures in the earth. While these would normally be only a side effect, Hai'ath has actually mastered the re-direction of such peripheral damage through precise, controlled strikes (Quite different from his appearance and normal style) to drastically increase his range of destruction.
~
Behavior:
Rather different than most Nightmares, Hai'ath is constantly seeking to better its physique so as to become a deadlier force for his kind. He simply roves between caves and mountain ranges, constantly challenging himself to become stronger and stronger. Many Nightmares have grown used to entering caves, frequently rumbling and shaking with impressive force, only to find that Hai'ath has taken this up as his new "training area."

Up in the lonely mountains, deep in cold, dark caves, in the pounding surf, in the searing wastes, Hai'ath spends all his time not on missions arduously training and hungrily eating. Somehow he manages to forage, hunt, and earn payment in food from his superiors to such a degree that he's frequently found to have grown slightly larger since others last checked in only the span of two or three weeks.

As well, Hai'ath is extremely competitive. Very few Nightmares will dare to approach him by themselves, as he will take almost any imaginable action or phrasing as a challenge to a battle. Should practically any other Nightmare approach him within two meters, should they ask how his training is going, should they make a poorly-worded sarcastic remark, etc., etc., Hai'ath will drop into a low stance, feet far apart, place his hands on his thighs, and begin stomping slowly - Right foot, left foot, right foot, left foot - Until other Nightmares either flee in terror or he reaches a total of ten stomps, after which his attack commences.

This competitive nature does not apply to merely other Nightmares. Hai'ath has earned a bad reputation for his tendency of leaving strong dreamkeepers alive in hopes that they can give him an even better challenge later; he'll often be found wrestling gnossus-sized or bigger wildlife into submission; he's even been known to deliberately stand in the path of rockfalls and simply strike and shatter as many boulders as he can. Over time, at least two Bralgu caves that Hai'ath frequents have been shockingly carved out and shaped by Hai'ath's training in their recesses and sparring with other Nightmares.

Hai'ath is a paradox to most Nightmares in the way he holds certain things to be "forbidden" to himself - Such as ever aiming to kill another Nightmare, or trying to fight a creature he does not see as challenging himself. While such abstract qualities make Hai'ath a pariah around Nightmares, his saving grace is that he will never so much as think to question a superior Nightmare's orders - If they say that any dreamkeeper, challenge or no is to be killed, Hai'ath will put this above his own preferences at all times. In addition, when he sees that a dreamkeeper has reached their limit of providing a challenge, Hai'ath takes a distinct relish in beating them to death - And never does them the favor of a quick death.

Other than these aforementioned traits, Hai'ath is as untameable as a force of nature. Largely unpredictable and intolerant of any sort of insult regarding his fighting ability, Hai'ath is most dangerous when he's been previously angered. Not even the possibility of a great challenge later on down the road would ever stop Hai'ath from savagely taking out his frustrations on stray dreamkeepers. Additionally, Hai'ath may never kill other Nightmares, but it would be unwise to underestimate his belligerent love of crippling Nightmares who irk him.

In actual combat, Hai'ath fights somewhat like traditional Japanese sumo wrestlers of Earth. Once he's found an opponent who will not run from such challenges, Hai'ath will not surrender his position by even a single step. He'll often gauge a worthy opponent by how often they can actually make him adjust his footing to not fall. In addition, like a sumo wrestler, Hai'ath never strikes with a closed fist and, for reasons other Nightmares cannot decipher, will even refuse to strike at a dreamkeeper's throat, eyes, solar plexus, etc., etc.

However, Hai'ath will make liberal use of open-palmed strikes and full-body slams. He also tends to lift opponents and throw them, although usually for much greater distances than can be seen in a bout between two sumo. In addition, while sumo wrestlers do not traditionally use, have any need, nor even in a normal situation be presented a chance to do so, Hai'ath is notorious for stomping down on unprotected opponents with brutal force.
Calico Yorki

Location: With the Purple, the People, the Plastic-Eating People
---------

PreviousNext

Return to Character cafe'