Namah ...

Have a favorite character in the series? Any that remind you of a real person you know? Talk about the ones you like, the ones you hate, and see what others think.

Re: Namah ...

Postby Twilight on Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:11 pm

They're been there forever, but like you said, she hasn't shown a lot of skin before. It's definitely in the concept art and stuff (no, it's not publicly available). That picture, as you can see, only shows part of the markings though, the one on her chest is -kind of- mirrored upside down, though it's not exactly the same shape, and if I remember correctly, the two stripes at the base of her thighs come to a point on the front. . been a while since I've seen it though, and I didn't pay that much attention to that detail, so I might be wrong. But that's the general idea.
Twilight

Postby Calico Yorki on Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:33 pm

I think it's awesome that Dave had that much forethought.

To include a part of her design that would be so rarely seen, but he still remembers to include it when it eventually comes up.

Plus, that expression is just priceless. As some commented on FA, Mace's expression of abject horror is probably rooted (Besides the fact that Vi is smiling) in that Namah is there.

Let's be honest, with Namah's not-so-stellar track record of model behavior, anyone in their right mind would be terrified of this situation.

I can't tell. Is Namah smiling? Is she frowning?

It looks more like a "meh"-expression to me.

What would be the technical term for that?

I feel like I should know this, but

i don't

D8
Calico Yorki

Location: With the Purple, the People, the Plastic-Eating People

Postby Twilight on Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:57 pm

Mace's expression is relative to the situation at hand, it has nothing to do with Namah, or Vi. Just the fact that he's surrounded by skimpy females.
Twilight

Postby Calico Yorki on Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:57 pm

Twilight wrote:Mace's expression is relative to the situation at hand, it has nothing to do with Namah, or Vi. Just the fact that he's surrounded by skimpy females.

Well excuuuse me Princess. /sassy snap

Heheheh I am so, like, what? What just happened? And then you're like rawrawrawr and I'm like wuuut man you and me have so much fun Twilight and like whoa.

Okay, that's the question I didn't ask down. Is Namah supposed to be smiling, or frowning, or neither?

I really can't tell. That's what I was hoping you'd tell me. Honestly, I was more joking with that one you answered. I'm pretty stupid, but not that much, I don't think. Maybe I am. Huh.

Man, you just need to calm yo ---s and slam a Faygo.

I know that's kind of Namah's signature expression she''s got going on,

But I don't know what to call it other than her "meh"-face.

Please help, brother.
Calico Yorki

Location: With the Purple, the People, the Plastic-Eating People

Postby Sorrel on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:31 pm

Once again, inter-member hissies go in Spamduruna.

On Topic: I'm pretty sure the term "meh-face" or "Namahface" is descriptive enough. We can go with that. XD She's probably rather unimpressed with the whole scenario.
Sorrel

Postby Oseirus on Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:02 am

Twilight wrote:It's definitely in the concept art and stuff (no, it's not publicly available).

It's almost like you knew I was going to ask. :P

Once again my jealously for your relationship with the Lillies flares up a little. I'd kill for a chance to sit down and check out their works, both past and present.

I do have an odd taste for character design, too. In virtually every game or story I've read I try to find up close, detailed pictures and info for everything from Goombas to the Lambent. I guess that's why Namah's markings surprised me a bit. Despite having seen so much of her, she still has some little secrets, even if they are as trivial as dark spots.
Oseirus

Postby Twilight on Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:25 pm

LOL Don't worry, the only picture that showcases those details is one extremely old, extremely doodly . .. doodle. The kind where, if you'd been introduced to Dreamkeepers through such drawing, you'd think some random kid who can't draw did it, and may not have liked it at all XD;;;;
Twilight

Postby Ice4smaster on Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:32 pm

Out of couriosity, could you show us said picture to us? :)

And Namah Rock with her "new" markings, an tru candy :D
Ice4smaster

Postby Twilight on Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:04 pm

Oh, I don't have it personally. I was shown it XD I may be able to get it, but I'm partially concerned that the forums become a "Namah boobs. Namah boobs" zombie horde ^^;
Twilight

Postby Oseirus on Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:38 pm

Hey, all I did was ask about her markings, I in no way intended for it to become an ogglefest. ;)
Oseirus

---------

PreviousNext

Return to DK Characters