Namah ...

Have a favorite character in the series? Any that remind you of a real person you know? Talk about the ones you like, the ones you hate, and see what others think.

Re: Namah ...

Postby Oseirus on Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:46 pm

Suraru wrote:namah is very intelligent however, she has read many books in her massive freetime, im pretty sure she knows what love is, shell figure out her feelings for mace soon enough, assuming she has some

Well duh. Anyone can know the text book definition of "love", that's a no-brainer. And yes, Namah is incredibly smart. But bottom line, she's never felt real LOVE from anyone but Lilith, but even then that's only sisterly. IF (emphasis on IF) Namah and Mace hook up, it's going to take a while. Mace is still a hormonal juvenile delinquent who's chasing green tail (pun intended), and Namah is a sheltered ******* child who barely even has a friend in the world. So if they even begin to show any kind of emotion for each other, it isn't going to be for several volumes. And even then nothing will happen between them until Mace accepts defeat and lets Bast have Lilith.

Assuming that's how its going to go. But as we all know David has a habit of being... unpredictable.
Oseirus

Postby Suraru on Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:16 am

Oseirus wrote:Assuming that's how its going to go. But as we all know David has a habit of being... unpredictable.

PAIGE NOOOOO!!!!!
Suraru

Postby Calico Yorki on Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:26 pm

Hmmm...

...I have a few burning questions about Namah.

[1.] I know adultery is among the modern politician's bread and butter for their lifestyle, alongside mud slinging and empty rhetoric intended to get people to stop asking questions...But why would Calah risk it, when he's in such a position of power? Part of me can easily understand, to a degree...

But something about it just nags at me, in the back of my head. It's probably widely accepted by now, but...I think Namah's mother will have a specific significance in the storyline. As a matter of fact, I think David might, might have said something vaguely to that effect in part of our eMail correspondence.

[2.] Is there something more to how Namah seemed the best suited to the chase in the Starfall? Meh. Probably not. Though it seemed like she had better reflexes than Mace and definitely Lilith...We can probably all agree that it's due to her constant flight from the guards while in her father's Executive Suite.

[3.] This one just started bugging me. That dragon-statue-thing, on her shelf, in the Volume 1 scene in her room? Did it look like a trophy to anyone else? That's seriously got me thinking...If it's a trophy, what did she win it for? How could she win a trophy while locked up in the Sabbaton Towers? If not a trophy, then what?

...Eh. I think too much, and do too little. But I don't have anything I want to do.

...Seriously. I am lazy. Hmmm.

...So lazy.
Calico Yorki

Location: With the Purple, the People, the Plastic-Eating People

Postby Ice4smaster on Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:44 am

The dragons must be the link, the Dragons link reality and dream world! :o *brain spazzed* Ok that was random.

As for Namah being very athletic, i'd say her body anatomy, light, strong, sticking pads on figers and toes ( walk on the cielling that not something every DK does ) after lot of chase around by the guards. Namah is our favorite born Ninja girl :D
Ice4smaster

Postby Calico Yorki on Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:01 pm

If she says Believe It! / Dattebayo! then i'll become violently ill.

If she says Zam! though, that's a different cup of meat altogether.

All these dreamkeepers in the park, feedin' 'nekos on a limb,

But when Quinn the Eskimo gets here, all the 'nekos gonna run to him!

I need to stop before my nose starts bleeding.

Not from that. I mean a nosebleed from mental stress.

Back on subject.

I really wonder what it could be a trophy for...If it really is a trophy...

...Hmmm...Oh, I had an idea.

I'll ask David! ...Someday!
Calico Yorki

Postby ilvos01 on Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:14 pm

I could imagine Namah poking around street markets. That seems like her crowd. Maybe found it there? I'm leaning towards the "it's actually nothing you guys are really paranoid" idea, myself.
ilvos01

Postby Calico Yorki on Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:54 pm

I know it's a bit late, but...

...I asked David, and I don't think he's fully decided what to do with that statue.

However, we will be seeing in Prelude how Namah acquires the epic decorations in her room that we see by Volume 1. At least, if I remember the eMail correctly.

Also, I just randomly thought of the Sneak Peek featuring Namah with a - ...Glue gun? T'is what it looked like. Many brave dreamkeepers ended up semi-permanently stuck to nearby surfaces in their valiant attempts to retrieve that from her.

Their efforts will not be in vain. ...Probably. Honestly, how can anyone keep Namah from finagling something like that into her possession and abusing it maliciously?

...Does Anduruna have the technology for bolting down important objects?

If not, then Namah may be the sole reason it is invented.

Ooh. She could get a job as a security system tester.

...Sorry. I have problems with attention deficit -

LOOKET THE SHINY THING!!

...Sorry.
Calico Yorki

Postby Citizen837852 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:34 am

I thought I'd toss in some perspectives to this after reading couple of pages.

Why is Namah living in the tower and being locked away? I mean... why? When she is a kid, no one would believe her to be a child of her father whenever her father can deny it (As far as I know, there is no DNA testing). I mean, she looks like a dragon, have horns, devil tail, and have different legs compared to cat genetic counterparts. I suspect a stronger relationship and guilt on Namah's father part otherwise she would have been thrown into orphanage already.

So that being said, I'd like to see how well Namah mature throughout the story before she face her father about these facts.

Namah is definitely an icon of this story to me and I gotta admit, even to my age, I am very interested in this story. I have been fed up with a lot of letdowns by many stories across the internet and bookstores until I found Dreamkeepers. I gotta say, Dreamkeepers never let me down and have exceeded my expectations. :) I'm definitely looking forward to more developments in the future.

P.S. I really like to see more of Namah's flashback to hint some of her hardship in solitary confinement and her thoughts on her father during all of those which could help illustrate on her conclusion in the future. I really hope to god that Lilith isn't the one to turn the father away from Tinsel's seduction, and having Namah to turn him would make the story a whole lot more interesting. :D

Please excuse my spelling and grammar. English is my third language.
Citizen837852

Postby Calico Yorki on Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:58 pm

...Alright.

I just felt like rambling in Namah's thread, so...Bear with me.

Even if she doesn't end up being Mace's love interest (This being my OTP for DK), I'd love to see how the dynamic of their relationship changes and matures. After reading the series Homestuck, and the Trolls' fourfold cluster of romantic strangeness, it's really put some perspective to how relationships form and strengthen in stories.

Getting to the point, I really look forward to seeing the nature of Namah and Mace's interactions develop and change. At the start, it seemed like Namah and Mace really felt a connection. I just wonder which would be more satisfying to see - Watching the two find each other as the love they didn't expect, or forging a friendship that goes beyond romance.

See, I can't help but feel that, had all these events not transpired to bring the kids together, had they not been thrown into this journey together, perhaps Mace would have slowly grown out of pining after Lilith had they gone without interaction. I'm not saying this would have lead to him getting to know Namah any better - They'd probably either stay acquaintances or grow distant.

What I'm trying to get at is, maybe had Mace not gone through struggles for life and death with both Namah and Lilith, his feelings for Lilith and friendship with Namah would never have formed. Getting back to Namah, I wonder if, had things just stayed normal, she would have pursued a friendship with Mace; maybe even grown closer.

I did say I felt like rambling. I guess what my point is, I don't really know whether it would be a more interesting, entertaining relationship for Namah and Mace to be in love by the end of the story, or to be especially close friends.

As Tendril's Demise seems to hint, the relationship that Namah and Mace will grow very dynamic and unique. They don't appear to be in love, like Mace feels for Lilith; as rivals/enemies, like Namah seems to spark with Whip near Vol. 2's, and how Mace obviously feels towards Bast; nor as incredibly close friends, like Mace and Whip, or Namah and Lilith (Admittedly, the latter being in large part by virtue of their blood ties).

More, it seems that their relationship is like a coy little dance that skirts all of those, without explicitly becoming one over the other. I don't know how I would describe their relationship, but it definitely promises to be entertaining to watch develop.

Honestly, when you think of how Namah grew up, it makes sense. Her only true friend was her sister, you can tell she flit between respecting and despising the guards (While I'd guess her hatred of her father is difficult to strictly maintain while with him in person; I'm probably wrong on that one, or on all of this), and I'd hazard a guess that she'd never known a crush growing up.

So, it could be that Namah has a slight "crush" on Mace, using the term loosely, but also doesn't know how to feel towards his awkward one-sided romantic feelings for Lilith; both for some kind of attraction towards him of her own, and for wanting to protect her sister. Then again, it could be that she just plain doesn't know how to have a "normal" friendship. It could be any number of things - Maybe she just expresses her fancy for him with ambiguous, free-form behavior.

To try and start bringing this positively deranged contemplative onslaught to a close, I think what's so appealing about Namah lies in how her personality is so unique that it's...Authentic, like few fictional characters. To me, at least, her personality and behavior are more akin to an actual person than I'm used to in a fictional story.

I don't know. I'm pretty hungry, food's ready, and I need to cease the rambling.

We can all agree that Namah's awesome, I'm sure.

8D 8D 8D
Calico Yorki

Postby Oseirus on Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:41 pm

I could be losing it (the sun out here in desert-land is brain boiling), but I noticed that in submission 4, Namah has some darker markings on her chest and near her hips... are those new or have I just been missing something completely? I don't recall ever seeing them before, but then again, aside from her brawl with Tinsel, Namah hasn't shown a lot of skin.
Oseirus

---------

PreviousNext

Return to DK Characters