Nainso Ziska

Have a favorite character in the series? Any that remind you of a real person you know? Talk about the ones you like, the ones you hate, and see what others think.

Nainso Ziska

Postby Lord of the Forest on Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:10 am

If you have the second volume, the preface and back pages explaining some of the Andurunan history and traditions (Harvest Festival, Shock Troopers, etc.) are narrated by some fellow named Nainso Ziska. Its apparent that the documents he's written are in the future of the story, like he is chronicling the history and events of the present. What really makes me interested is how far in the future is this fellow?

He is obviously tasked to recording the 'Third War of Anduruna' and reviewing its origins which follow Mace & Whip and Lillith & Namah. He makes special mention of Tinsel and hints at her further deviancy as a Dark Dreamkeeper as the war progresses.

So is there more we will learn of this particular Dreamkeeper or is he restrictive as an exposition device?
Lord of the Forest

Re: Nainso Ziska

Postby Twilight on Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:14 am

CHRONICLER!!!! lol
Twilight

Postby Calico Yorki on Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:43 pm

A more pressing question:

What can we tell about the future 'historian of definitive events' from the present 'Director of Executive Relations'...?
Calico Yorki

Location: With the Purple, the People, the Plastic-Eating People

Postby Dez on Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:56 pm

I could see it as being at the VERY end of the Dreamkeepers series on the last few pages there's like a study where there's narrator boxes as you can see someone writing this information down. As the panels go by, you would get slight glimpses of the characters until the last panel shows their face or full shot and than the reader would be like "HEY WAIT A MINUTE! I KNOW THIS CHARACTER!!"

Or maybe that's just me and my imagination.
Dez

Postby Calico Yorki on Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:37 pm

Well, we've already met Nainso -- In a way...And I don't mean by reading those notes.

I'm sure you all know who I'm talking about, right...?
Calico Yorki

Postby Twilight on Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:55 am

yeah, yeah. We all know its that blue eyed cat guy from volume 2 and prelude. But I think the more pressing matter is not what his design is, but the mystery of what his role be in the series O=
Twilight

Postby Calico Yorki on Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:16 pm

Twilight wrote:yeah, yeah. We all know its that blue eyed cat guy from volume 2 and prelude. But I think the more pressing matter is not what his design is, but the mystery of what his role be in the series O=

Yup!

I just find it interesting that this historian would share his name with a member of the current Viscount's political staff...All sorts of possibilities, don'tcha know.

We've seen so little of Nainso...Lilith seems to be comfortable around him in Prelude, which makes me think he's a pretty good guy.

An enigma wrapped in a mystery. :3
Calico Yorki

Postby Lord of the Forest on Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:55 pm

Calico Yorki wrote:An enigma wrapped in a mystery. :3

So he's like a delicious sushi wrap of plot exposition?
:geek:
Lord of the Forest

Postby Calico Yorki on Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:12 pm

Lord of the Forest wrote:
Calico Yorki wrote:An enigma wrapped in a mystery. :3

So he's like a delicious sushi wrap of plot exposition?
:geek:

He's like a candybar you know nothing about the contents of -- Only that it will be delicious.

Diligence is so awesome, ain't he?
Calico Yorki

Postby Auradragon on Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:35 pm

I noticed Nainso today in the second Volume on my second time reading. I flipped the first time I saw him, then went back to look for him in other scenes/panels. I was so shocked with awe and laughing in my head at how awesome it was. Then I started thinking and thinking.

First I speculated that his power (which was on) somehow influenced peoples actions/emotions. The first time he appeared was when the Indigo twins crashed the cart and people were getting riled up. Then I wondered if it had something to do with collecting information. It made sense because he's the one writing all these articles. Then I wondered if it had to deal with invisibility. I mean, he was surrounded with his power going, Halo in full view. For god's sake, he was right behind Shock Troopers! They should have noticed the most telltale sign of someone using their power! XD
Auradragon

---------

Next

Return to DK Characters