Nabodidus

Have a favorite character in the series? Any that remind you of a real person you know? Talk about the ones you like, the ones you hate, and see what others think.

Re: Nabodidus

Postby Zagura on Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:07 am

On a thought, I've been wondering... Why doesn't Nibondious just do his super snazzy teleport thing, grab Mace, kill Lilith/Namah/Whip, and get on with his plan instead of relying on nincom****s like Tinsel?

I mean, if he can teleport anywhere, why doesn't he just use it to his advantage?
Zagura

Postby Twilight on Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:18 am

Well duh, 'cuz that's not what bad guys do XD
Twilight

Postby Calico Yorki on Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:24 pm

Just popping in.

Looking carefully at the Volume 3 Sneak Peek, you can see that sphere above Nabonidus's head.

Yes. This can only mean one thing...Nabonidus...

...CONTROLS WHERE AND WHEN THE MOON APPEARS!!

Done being a jerk. But seriously, something about Nabonidus just does not add up to a conventional Nightmare. Myurgh...

...Ah well.
Calico Yorki

Location: With the Purple, the People, the Plastic-Eating People

Postby Suraru on Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:29 am

your right, there is a strange sphere over his head, i think it might be his version of a halo? or maybe its an immortality thing void gave him i dunno
Suraru

Postby Koreth on Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:57 pm

Pretty sure it is not a halo, or anything similar. Just the moon in the background.
Koreth

Postby Oseirus on Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:35 pm

Koreth wrote:Pretty sure it is not a halo, or anything similar. Just the moon in the background.

If you look close, you can see at least part of the sphere in almost any shot that Nabonidus' face is shown it- even the top-down shots. Not to mention it appears in front of his spikey... hat... thing. You can also see it in the V3 preview in Scuttles' workshop.

So its definitely related to him, though it seems to be constant whether he's using his powers or not. Unless he's constantly using his powers, if only to a small enough extent to barely show the sphere.

I'm sure we'll find out eventually what it is.
Oseirus

Postby Koreth on Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:27 pm

There is a circle near his head in Scuttles' workshop in the preview, sure. There are also six other panels in the preview with a clear shot of Nabodidus' head, all of which are lacking said sphere/circle/whatever. I maintain that the sphere in V2 in the scene with Randy and Wisp is the moon. It appears in almost every panel with a shot of his head? That would make sense since his head is in front of the moon from the perspective of the viewer.

Would not there be a sphere in other shots of Nabodidus in other scenes, such as the Viscount's office or when he teleports Tinsel to the nightmare city?
Koreth

Postby Rydlen on Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:37 pm

If you look close, there is. It looks like any time Nabonidus uses his power, that faint bubble appears above his head. It's there again when he "taints" Tinsel too and when he sends her back.
That begs the question... Is Nabby hiding a Dreamkeeper Halo inside/behind that bubble? :o
Rydlen

Postby Reaver on Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:25 pm

I doubt he has a ring. That orb responds to his powers. In the preview he's seen to be able to stretch it out when the Sandmen attack him, seemingly burning them as they touch it.

I guess everytime he's using his powers the orb appears, though that begs the question why it was there the whole time during his meeting with wisp. I'm far-fetchedly guessing his main ability has something to do with forcefields. So he might be able to teleport between two, and the orb is there because he's keeping them both up. Again, this is just some far-fetched guessing.
Reaver

Postby ilvos01 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:36 pm

I'd like to see a picture of this orb, where was it?
But I did notice that here Nabby's got some smoke whirling in a ring above his head.
ilvos01

---------

PreviousNext

Return to DK Characters