Nabodidus

Have a favorite character in the series? Any that remind you of a real person you know? Talk about the ones you like, the ones you hate, and see what others think.

Re: Nabodidus

Postby UberUrsa on Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:35 pm

As far as his value for the dark dreemkeepers goes, its pretty clear that he needs them because of Void. It may be that the majority of the nightmares will follow Void and that Nab needs the dark dreemkeepers as a base force.
UberUrsa

Postby Lord of the Forest on Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:47 pm

UberUrsa wrote:As far as his value for the dark dreemkeepers goes, its pretty clear that he needs them because of Void. It may be that the majority of the nightmares will follow Void and that Nab needs the dark dreemkeepers as a base force.

Yeah, I can see the likelyhood of your scenario.
Lord of the Forest

Postby DoctorWhat on Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:29 am

Calico Yorki wrote:Hmmm...

I just thunk.

It could be that 'Nightmare Nabonidus' was slain long ago, and doomed to never be able to return to the nest at Malagni. Somehow. So, since he couldn't create a new body, he got creative - And possessed a dreamkeeper.

To Void, the Nabonidus he knows died long ago...

...And it would explain why Nabonidus had a sort of 'sphere-halo'...He now has a blend of Nightmare powers and his dreamkeeper host's Power.

Thus, the body would effectively be dead - And the human on our side would be left undefended.

So, this leads me to wildly speculate on Nabonidus' goal:

Perhaps, if he possessed a dreamkeeper, then the incompatible body is finally starting to reject its Nightmare host...So, perhaps he's looking for a dreamkeeper with just the right qualities to be his next host.

It could be that his ability as a Nightmare was to control others by a similar method...

...I'm probably completely wrong. But it's fun to speculate on him.

<83 <83 <83

So, basically he's Orochimaru? :o Creepy. Here's something: Who says nightmare are limited to one ability? so far Nabonidus has teleported Tinsel, left a scar on her, and ha been able to indentify Dreamkeeper powers before they are awakened.

Check this out: Nabonidus's name come from an ancient Babylonian king who worshiped the moon god above all others:
DoctorWhat

Postby DoctorWhat on Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:33 am

Lord of the Forest wrote:
UberUrsa wrote:As far as his value for the dark dreemkeepers goes, its pretty clear that he needs them because of Void. It may be that the majority of the nightmares will follow Void and that Nab needs the dark dreemkeepers as a base force.

True, but what if Nabonidus (who is clearly not afraid of going back to Braglu even when Void is there) is actually helping void, while secretly trying to overthrow him. And think about this: Nabonidus clearly says in Volume Two: "my finest assasin, the Mokoi." I don't think he lacks power over nightmares. I think manipulating Dreamkeepers like Tinsel essentially allows him to weaken Andrunna from within. :geek:
DoctorWhat

Postby matsananimal on Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:58 am

DoctorWhat wrote:
Lord of the Forest wrote:

True, but what if Nabonidus (who is clearly not afraid of going back to Braglu even when Void is there) is actually helping void, while secretly trying to overthrow him. And think about this: Nabonidus clearly says in Volume Two: "my finest assasin, the Mokoi." I don't think he lacks power over nightmares. I think manipulating Dreamkeepers like Tinsel essentially allows him to weaken Andrunna from within. :geek:

Interesting Theory. :D
matsananimal

Postby DoctorWhat on Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:31 pm

Calico Yorki wrote:Hmmm...

I just thunk.

It could be that 'Nightmare Nabonidus' was slain long ago, and doomed to never be able to return to the nest at Malagni. Somehow. So, since he couldn't create a new body, he got creative - And possessed a dreamkeeper.

To Void, the Nabonidus he knows died long ago...

...And it would explain why Nabonidus had a sort of 'sphere-halo'...He now has a blend of Nightmare powers and his dreamkeeper host's Power.

Thus, the body would effectively be dead - And the human on our side would be left undefended.

So, this leads me to wildly speculate on Nabonidus' goal:

Perhaps, if he possessed a dreamkeeper, then the incompatible body is finally starting to reject its Nightmare host...So, perhaps he's looking for a dreamkeeper with just the right qualities to be his next host.

It could be that his ability as a Nightmare was to control others by a similar method...

...I'm probably completely wrong. But it's fun to speculate on him.

<83 <83 <83

A surprising correlation! From the thread Let's Find That Killer:
I actually think the skunk guy was Nabonidus in disguise. I'm saying this based on the kid's eyes: they are blank, same a Nabonidus. They also share the same nonchalant, menacing attitude. It would also explain how Nabonidus knew about Tinsel's betrayal. Nabonidus is Void's right-hand man, and we do not know the full extent of his power. It is quite possible that he is able to shape-shift.
What if Nabonidus is able to assume the form of a Dreamkeeper because he is possessing one? Maybe he can control the extent of his transformation, and appear as a child. We may be on to something here!!
DoctorWhat

Postby matsananimal on Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:45 pm

A surprising correlation! From the thread Let's Find That Killer:
I actually think the skunk guy was Nabonidus in disguise. I'm saying this based on the kid's eyes: they are blank, same a Nabonidus. They also share the same nonchalant, menacing attitude. It would also explain how Nabonidus knew about Tinsel's betrayal. Nabonidus is Void's right-hand man, and we do not know the full extent of his power. It is quite possible that he is able to shape-shift.
What if Nabonidus is able to assume the form of a Dreamkeeper because he is possessing one? Maybe he can control the extent of his transformation, and appear as a child. We may be on to something here!![/quote]

I figured the same too.
8-)
matsananimal

Postby UberUrsa on Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:51 pm

Vindication!

In it we see Nab Showing up in Bralgu to do evil things. Its not really explained, but hey, that's where all the fun is. He and Void make a big explosion, Void is not as powerful as we once thought and does not like Nab. Neither does anyone else for that matter.

Oh yeah, and apparently Nab is immortal. And he had apparently planned on summoning void on his own at some point, using Kaeli and Jenaviv who are somehow significant, but we know Jenaviv is in Anunduria, appearing in a background crowd. Also, she's looking off-panel at...something that inspires fear, there is a man holding a bra in what is potentially her line of sight, which is fearful for its own reasons but I think that's something different. But I'm getting off topic.

The first question in my mind is where that place where Nab took Tinsel was if it was not Bralgu, because the actual Bralgu is put through a blue filter, not a red filter.
UberUrsa

Postby Calico Yorki on Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:59 pm

@ Ursa:

Kalei's the one in Anduruna.

...Just to say. Sorry. DX> I'm interested in why all the other Nightmares hate him so much...

...Possessed dreamkeeper's body.

...Just sayin'.
Calico Yorki

Location: With the Purple, the People, the Plastic-Eating People

Postby Koreth on Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:30 pm

I don't think Nabodidus is a dark dreamkeeper or possessing a dreamkeeper's body. In Volume Two, that little glowy circle/orb/whatever seen above/behind his head in some frames isn't a halo. I'm almost positive it is supposed to be the moon. It it too similar to the moon as depicted in other frames in that scene to be otherwise. Also, in the Chapter 7 preview, we see Nabodidus for several frames and in the ones where we can clearly see his whole head, said glowy circle/orb is not present.

I'm pretty sure he's just simply a Nightmare, albeit, a very powerful one.
Last edited by Koreth on Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Koreth

---------

PreviousNext

Return to DK Characters