My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Just see a terrible, awful film? Warn us! Want to promote something quality in the mainstream? Here is the place to discuss music, movies, TV, comics, books - the good, the bad, the abominable. Review away!

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Postby Dream-Weaver on Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:11 am

At last! We get the story of how Pinkie Pie obtained her cutie mark!
Dream-Weaver

Postby WhiteinBlack on Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:30 pm

Laura Faust is appearing at BronyCon. Right now, I have two questions:
One: where is it?
Two: Should I even THINK about attending....
WhiteinBlack

Postby Chemical Cutthroat on Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:42 pm

That sounds... like the absolute worst convention anyone has ever come up with.

But one of you... you... bronies still needs to go to it.

Because I demand hilarious and embarassing pictures. Particularly anything involving cosplay. Oh the laughs I shall have.

*Ninja Edit - Looks like it takes place in Manhattan in New Yark City. The website is... less that spectacular.
Chemical Cutthroat

Postby WhiteinBlack on Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:36 pm

Chemical Cutthroat wrote:That sounds... like the absolute worst convention anyone has ever come up with.

But one of you... you... bronies still needs to go to it.

Because I demand hilarious and embarassing pictures. Particularly anything involving cosplay. Oh the laughs I shall have.

THAT is exactly why I don't attend ANY convention. People go way overboard with this stuff. I believe I am going to remain a closet brony. Enjoy the shows, then interpert them with a more dramatic and adventurous idea (Via self-insert or insert of other characters), and make or read fanfics. I have to say, some of the fanfictions are pretty amazing.

Past Sins, End of Ponies, The Conversion Bureau Series, Discordant Feelings (this one located in Fanfiction.net), and The Wizard and The Lonely Princess (great Harry Potter/MLP Fic) are just a few that I like to name. End of Ponies has the most of my attention.
WhiteinBlack

Postby WhiteinBlack on Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:47 pm

Double Posting! Oh Noes!

Trying to start up a new conversation despite the sudden snow front here in West. Washington. My little town rarely gets snow so its a somewhat pleasant surprise. Only downfall is that roads are dangerous and I have stitches that need to be removed and no place to remove them. The place I was suppose to remove them is blocked off by icy hills.

Anyway, I found this and I thought you guys would like a laugh. :P

By the way, you think Mrs. Cake would lose weight after giving birth. LOL
WhiteinBlack

Postby Dream-Weaver on Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:56 pm

I'll admit that I wasn't entirly satisfied with today's episode. I've been waiting for an Applejack episode for a while now, and while Applejack was in this one a lot, it didn't feel like she was, not to mention the episode itself felt much shorter than it was...

Also, while the lesson itself is fine (I can totally see Applejack being ashamed of letting everypony down), it felt a little forced to me, and I feel it could have been handled better...

Though I have been wanting an Applejack episode for a while now, so my expectations may have been a bit higher than normal...

Also, while Derpy's characterization (what little we have) is fine in itself (clumsy works for her, though my favorite charecterization that I've seen for her so far is "autistic derpy" but that's just because I never had an autistic charecter to look up to groing up), her voice will take a while to get used to, but that's mostly because I've been following for so long, everything else seems fake to me (even though Pierce's is only a fan voice)

But the one thing about this episode that I really loved was Pickle barrel kumquat chimi-cherry-chonga and it should become a new meme ASAP
Dream-Weaver

Postby WhiteinBlack on Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:41 pm

Dream-Weaver wrote:Also, while Derpy's characterization (what little we have) is fine in itself (clumsy works for her, though my favorite charecterization that I've seen for her so far is "autistic derpy" but that's just because I never had an autistic charecter to look up to groing up), her voice will take a while to get used to, but that's mostly because I've been following for so long, everything else seems fake to me (even though Pierce's is only a fan voice)

I have to agree with you on Piercesmoulder. I've been following them as well. I wonder when they'll introduce another episode. Didn't they say they would bring one this month? or was it the next month? GO DOCTOR WHOOVES AND DERPY!

Now I wonder if they'll introduce Dinky or Sparkler.
WhiteinBlack

Postby Hazzardous on Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:58 am

I'm still wandering if giving Derpy a voice was the right choice...she was funny when she was silent since she reminded me of a jinx'd mime =)
Hazzardous

Postby Dream-Weaver on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:02 pm

Hazzardous wrote:I'm still wandering if giving Derpy a voice was the right choice...she was funny when she was silent since she reminded me of a jinx'd mime =)

I don't know either. I know that fanbase wanted Derpy to have a larger role in the story overall, but as with Luna, when she was given a speaking role, most fanon interpretations were pretty much killed, and the fans were disappointed

Though a lot of fanon interpretations of Derpy still work, especially Autistic Derpy, that ones my favorite

Though if it ever becomes canon that Dinky ISN'T Derpy's daughter, than I know the fans are going to have an uproar abou that...

So really Derpy getting a voice is neither good nor bad, in and of itself
Dream-Weaver

Postby Hazzardous on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:54 pm

No fanbase can ever be sated, and FiM is no exception...

But sometimes it works; I was more than happy to have more Zecora lines for Season 2, and I ended up getting at least three episodes with her in it :D
Hazzardous

---------

PreviousNext

Return to Culture clash