My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Just see a terrible, awful film? Warn us! Want to promote something quality in the mainstream? Here is the place to discuss music, movies, TV, comics, books - the good, the bad, the abominable. Review away!

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Postby on Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:59 pm

Sponsored Links

Oh Dear God... What has possessed me to start this thread?

As you may or may not have heard, Hasbro has rebooted their My Little Pony series.
Get back in here! Don't judge me just yet! I'm not done explaining yet! Despite previous incarnations of MLP, this one shines and stands above the ones that came before it.
This is all thanks to the producer, Lauren Faust, who's worked on Power Puff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.
The series is extremely enjoyable, despite being aimed at 11 through 13 year old girls and is definitely worth watching the first two episodes at least, if not all.

Episode 1 Part 1:

Episode 1 Part 2:

Episode 2 Part 1:

Episode 2 Part 2:

(And Yes, I have no shame)
Last edited by on Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Postby on Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:41 pm

My little pony??

Sponsored links

Postby on Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:07 pm

No no. You don't understand. It's good. It's enjoyable, even. Surprising and unexpected from a show like this, but just trust me on this.

Postby on Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:46 pm

I'm going to go ahead agree with Dev here. It's a show that is actually entertaining and aimed at young girls, which I'm grateful for. Not only that, it's a revamp of an old series, and a quite despicable one at that, and the updated style of animation is...colorful ;) . In any case, I'm glad something like this is around. Animated series on television has been lacking in quality recently.

Right now I'm attached to Fluttershy :geek:

Also, the pony corset drove me up the wall XD

Postby Birdblue on Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:56 pm

I'm totally going to watch these when I have the time. If the producer had anything to do with Power Puff Girls and Dexter's Lab, I want to see it.
Last edited by Birdblue on Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Birdblue

Postby on Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:19 pm

Finally, quality television instead of that teletubby crap.

Postby on Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:54 am

I have to admit: I watched it. I liked it. I just can't get over the animation. It's so much better than so many other shows out there. The facial expressions are so amazingly done, and the overall style isn't that bad.

I'm quite partial to Applejack, btw B3

Postby on Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:58 am

I shall not lie...I actually watch this show when it comes on the HUB channel. I admit I was surprised a reboot was even present when I watch the pilot episode to be honest. I have to admit the art design for Friendship is Magic is rather appealing and soft.

So its actually a winner, even if it is aimed for girls...something HUB has been hitting on...

Postby on Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:36 pm

Well... Seeing all this hype, I guess it wouldn't hurt to give it a looksie.

Postby on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:46 am

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is a good series for young human beings one and all; this I will admit. However, the title is a bit misleading. When I watched the first episode, I thought, "Hey, this series is going to be about five ponies all battling against this evil unicorn using the power of friendship (literally). However, I was saddened to see that particular plot line was resolved rather quickly. The series quickly became a rotating plot stream, each episode either focusing on just one pony's problems or two. I've seen this before, and I didn't quite enjoy watching it. It made for an unenjoyable viewing experience.

However others may read into my negative critique of the series, I humbly offer my overall approval of it! It is a very enjoyable show with something that even mom and dad can watch with their kids (I saw that Teletubbies reference. *Shiver* Sorry, but I could never watch them with my children if I ever have offspring), thereby expanding its target audience to ages 11-13 as well as adults with children.

Overall, I quite enjoy it, and being male IRL, this is saying something! Although, I'm more of an effeminate girly guy at heart. :P

Sponsored links

---------

Next

Return to Culture clash