Movie Theaters

Help Dreamkeepers grow! Share your promotional ideas, or collaborate with other readers.

Re: Movie Theaters

Postby Oseirus on Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:52 pm

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of seeing the commercial on the big screen. Only thing I'm concerned about is the costs, I dunno if it's feasable this "early" in the series.
Oseirus

Postby deltron zero on Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:29 pm

Oseirus wrote:@Deltron: I wouldn't call it "too ambitious", more like "too early".

Yeah, well that's what I meant, it's too ambitious for something that's still in it's early stages. However I do like the idea, it would also help to unite potential fans in the certain local area that it's shown in. But there are a lot of things to be considered as well.
deltron zero

Postby ilvos01 on Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:50 pm

Ah, yes, but in what movie would you put it? A kid's movie? A live-action movie?
ilvos01

Postby Lord of the Forest on Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:15 pm

ilvos01 wrote:Ah, yes, but in what movie would you put it? A kid's movie? A live-action movie?

That might be the priority of the theatre manager actually. I'm sure they're trained to use common sense not to stick the wrong types of ads in the wrong types of movie previews! :)
Lord of the Forest

Postby Oseirus on Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:43 pm

Actually the beauty of most theaters today is that they usually have some sort of generic advertising before the actual movie previews. Soda commercials, TV show previews, etc. I've seen music albums and even a comic book or two advertised during that before, so it's simply a matter of contacting the particular advertising agency.
Oseirus

Postby Drezlun on Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:25 pm

I guess I should jump in and clarify what I meant (honestly I've been ignoring this thread after I saw some of the negative reactions).

I think some people thought that I meant actually using it during the trailers portion of the "movie experience". While that would be neat, you really need at least 2-4 minutes for something like that and I don't think I have ever seen a book or anything other than a movie advertised during that period. What I meant was using it towards the advertising section that they always are showing in the 30-40 minutes right before a show begins when they have to keep people entertained as the theater fills up. I've gone to multiple theaters that have a quick slide or something else that says "If you want to put an ad here, contact us at 1-800-SomeRandomNumber".

I obviously don't know where everyone is from, so I don't know your background on movie theaters. My hometown, while a major city, has more "discount"/"non-corporation" theaters in it than places like AMC or Regal Cinemas. These theaters are more open to letting local businesses or even local filmmakers show off their stuff at the beginning of the movies.

Anyways, that's just my thoughts. I won't get to see what the theaters say until Christmas when I get home on leave.
Drezlun

Postby RennisTora on Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:45 pm

Coming this fall to a TV near you... DreamKeepers, the animated journey!... 2017

xD just kidding, it'd awesome though...
RennisTora

---------

Previous

Return to DK Volunteer Army