Most favorite moment in a Dreamkeepers comic

Have a take on the latest Prelude strip? Share it in here! Just notice an enticing story hint in one of the graphic novels? Speculate away! Share feedback, large and small about your DreamKeepers experience. But beware, this forum may contain story spoilers.

Re: Most favorite moment in a Dreamkeepers comic

Postby Kafelnikov on Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:51 pm

Darkspeeds wrote:
Anyways I'll give you guys and gals a visualisation and audio recording of my favourite moment in the DreamKeepers Graphic Novel Saga - Volume 02: Flight To Starfall.

Youtube link
:

Took me a day or two to make it and it was worth definitely my time. 8-)

Dude, that's actually pretty awesome. It's neat watching a scene from the book being brought to life with sound and visuals, and your voice for Scinter is pretty badass. You should totally do more for different scenes, I know at least I'd love to see more.
Kafelnikov

Postby Darkspeeds on Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:17 am

@ Kafelnikov - Heya Kefelnikov! Thanks for the feedback on the video, I really do voice those parts when I revisit my favourite moment in the book. :D All the voices were great fun! And Scinter's voice was kick *** to do - even though he only had two paragraphs for that scene. :D

I actually have plans to do the SCHOOL SCENE in Volume 01, though in order to complete it properly I need some girls to lend their voices for Lilith, Namah & random school girl. :D
Last edited by Darkspeeds on Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darkspeeds

Postby TruthQuest on Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:43 pm

If I new how get it to you, to do Namah would be a dream-come-true. But then I have never done anything like that ever in my life!
:evil: :cry:
TruthQuest

Postby Shadowtag on Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:27 pm

okay, for namahs voice we need someone whose voice is almost always dripping with sarcasm.... any one know anyone?
Shadowtag

Postby Darkspeeds on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:09 am

@ TruthQuest - Well I'm glad you asked!

First and foremost I can be reached via .

Download Audacity and have it installed - literally you can do this in less than 2 minutes. Using the program for the first time will take some practice but trust me after playing around for half an hour you'll be recording for real without any hitches. If you really need help just it for reference. ;)

Now TruthQuest, is you think you can pull off a decent voice for Namah I'm more than happy to review and place it in the next video that I'll be making based on the 'SCHOOL SCENE'.

The 'SCHOOL SCENE' will be from pages 38-52 (via Graphic Novel Saga - Volume 01: Awakenings). I'm assuming you have the book or the downloadable pages so do give it a go for Namah's lines when you get the chance. Also do throw in Lilith's voice as well, I'll need that one too! ;)

All the best TruthQuest and for those reading this and are keen to contribute please don't hesitate to join in. I'm going to throw in the best audio recording into the video (this means quality in terms of clarity, creativity and emotion on each recording of the character roles suggested).

Send in those MP3/WAV files to darkspeeds@hotmail.com and good luck for the review! 8-)

@ Shadowtag
- Yeah definitely, I agree with you on that. Her dialogue style is craving for sarcasm in almost every line. :D My sarcasm would be B-grade but I excel in doing laughs (especially an evil one XD) or going orthodox with different voice types. :D
Darkspeeds

Postby Twilight on Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:42 am

I don't think natural sarcasm is necessary. At least not by itself. It needs to be coupled with something like. . "intrigue". . .

Though she doesn't believe me, Sorrel seems to naturally do a frightfully convincing Prelude Namah. If she really tried, she could probably do Graphic Novel Namah, but I doubt she'd go for it.

Good luck in your search ^^;
Twilight

Postby Shadowtag on Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:24 pm

I could probably do a pretty convincing Grunn or Igrath....
Shadowtag

Postby Darkspeeds on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:40 pm

@ Twilight - That's a good point you made there Twilight! A little bit of sarcasm mixed with a dose of "intrigue" would really blend well for a character like Namah.

Dude send Sorrel the link to this page so that can she can read up and see if she's interested. I'm sure she'll pull off a decent voice for 'matured' Namah if she gives it a go, no harm trying. ;)

Send her the link to the video too to get her inspired. XD

@ Shadowtag - Lol! I'd love to hear what you can do with Grunn or Igrath for a voice over. Though in this occasion they're not needed. ;)
Darkspeeds

Postby ilvos01 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:54 am

The rain visuals in chapter 2. Specifically, the very beginning and the Sandman attack. Those looked neat. Could probably think of something better, given the time.
ilvos01

Postby Oseirus on Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:50 am

Igrath- "Grunn, quick! Put these on your feet, I know how to get you out!"
Grunn- "Hunh?"
Igrath- "And these on your hands- hurry!"
Grunn- "Okay- mmf- got it!"
Igrath- "Now, with your pants down, run out and escape on your hands! They'll never recognize you!"
Grunn- "Whutt?!"
Scinter- "Yes they will, you know perfectly well he's reversible. Now, seriously, get him out, Igrath."
Grunn- "YOU ARSEHOLES, THAT AIN'T FUNNY!"
Igrath- "Damn I wish I could see this... C'mon Grunn, there's a telepad downstairs."

(oooo pretty colors! huzzah boredom!)

First time I read it, I ended up on the floor laughing, and even now a dozen times later it's still hilarious.
Oseirus

---------

PreviousNext

Return to Comic story chat room