Mobi who?

New to the forum? Stop on in and say hi! Wondering what this DreamKeepers stuff is all about? Ask, and get an explanation from one of our jaded veterans!

Mobi who?

Postby TheMobian on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:55 pm

HAND OVER THE PRAWNS OR THE GOAT GETS MORE CREAM CHEESE!!!!!

Whats up DreamKeepers forum goers! :D
My name is TheMobian, (Or "Mobi" for short) and I am a brand new fan of the comic Dreamkeepers (I'm also crazy... in case you didn't notice).

I came across the comic while researching new shading techniques on youtube, and I found David Lille's shading tutorial.
I really liked the tutorial, and it helped out my colouring a lot, so I decided to do a little research on David to see who the heck he was. I found a bunch of his Dreamkeeper videos on youtube, learned about the comic book, and have preceded to read all of book one and most of the webcomic.

I must say, so far I've really enjoyed the comic :) And so, as I do with most webcomics I read, I decided to join the forum and meet some other fans. (I need to find new souls for my soul cookies anyways, is so darn hard to find willing harvesties nowadays.)

so... WAZZUP!? (do you have a willing soul?) =3
TheMobian

Re: Mobi who?

Postby Hakuzo NightFox on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:44 am

Welcome to the land of Dreams, enjoy your stay and watch out for nightmares.

Normally Mobians are people from Planet Mobius, which is part of the sonic world. There has to be as story behind this name?
Hakuzo NightFox

Postby Reed R Gale on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:50 am

I am not willing. Sorry. My soul is gone already.

Welcome to the forums. Have a time.
Reed R Gale

Postby Thegunner18 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:44 am

Hey there, mate! Always nice to see a new fan and member of the forums! Hope to see you around some more on here and I wish you all the best in your drawing endeavours. ^^

Also...Mobius is a corporation in Starcraft 2...Just something that randomly came to mind :3
Thegunner18

Postby Avolendi on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:32 pm

Hi and welcome ^^
Avolendi

Postby TheMobian on Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:58 pm

Hakuzo NightFox wrote:Welcome to the land of Dreams, enjoy your stay and watch out for nightmares.

Normally Mobians are people from Planet Mobius, which is part of the sonic world. There has to be as story behind this name?

I'll be shire to keep an eye open for those nightmares, thanks for the warning, though I'm on "Bumbleking Forums", so not much scares me anymore XP
As for the name, Yes it is a reference to Sonic the Hedgehog, but a "Mobian" is one who lives on Mobius, and a Mobius is a shape without any boundaries. This is a direct reference to my many lofty dreams I am attempting to achieve =)

Reed R Gale wrote:I am not willing. Sorry. My soul is gone already.

Welcome to the forums. Have a time.

Darn, you join Deviantart too? XP
Thanks Reed R Gale!

Thegunner18 wrote:Hey there, mate! Always nice to see a new fan and member of the forums! Hope to see you around some more on here and I wish you all the best in your drawing endeavours. ^^

Also...Mobius is a corporation in Starcraft 2...Just something that randomly came to mind :3

Yep, Nice to meet you too. My Art Endeavours are coming along just fine actually, I've been getting my first professional commissions these past months, like one from WCW Art Magazine, and another from Ubisoft.

(hearty laughter), no, I already explained my name, but I should check out this "Starcraft 2" =3

Avolendi wrote:Hi and welcome ^^

Thanks Much Avolendi! And all the rest of you for the warm welcomes:)
TheMobian

Postby Hakuzo NightFox on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:23 am

TheMobian wrote:and a Mobius is a shape without any boundaries.

Ah yes, a Mobius Strip. Something you can cut down the middle and it only doubles in size.
Hakuzo NightFox

Postby Avolendi on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:48 am

If you want people on the forum to find you dA account, you can set your account as you website in your profile :)

Also a mobius (strip) still has 1 boundary (the edge), but it's still a nice reference ^^
Avolendi

---------

Return to Salutations and questions