Making a DK model

Got something you'd like to show off? Show it! Want to promote a great artist or series you know of? Share it here! For anyone feeling bored, odds are there's something cool to see...

Making a DK model

Postby Avolendi on Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:01 pm

I've been working on making a DK model of my avatar and I was hoping to get some comments and advice on what I've got so far.

I've uploaded some screenshots to my DA account and I thought I would also be nice to just hear what others think about it.

For convience here's a link to the page with the screenshots:
Avolendi

Re: Making a DK model

Postby Drezlun on Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:07 pm

Looks like a good start to me. You'll really want to get Twi's opinion on this. He does a lot of 3D modeling.

I also added you to my watch list BTW.
Drezlun

Postby Darkice-421 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:24 am

Awesome, what IS your dA anyways?
Darkice-421

Postby Avolendi on Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:51 am

Thanks ^^
Already bugged Twi about it in the past and he gave me some very useful advice. For now I thought I'd first ask other people to give their opinion, especially regarding the overall proportions. Also I thought it would be nice to show what I´ve got so far, because I'm now slightly more confident in actually letting people see it.

Besides the proportions the eyes are a recent attempt (after spying on Twi's and Sorrel's dA's for how they added eyes on their models), but I'm having trouble imagining how the eyes and eye sockets should look.

Darkice:
There's a link in the first post that points there and I set my dA account as my website :P
As for the name of my account ... it's Avolendi (tadaaa, I know, surprising no? :mrgreen: )

Noticed I hadn't added you yet, so fixed that.
Avolendi

Postby ilvos01 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:05 pm

The legs look too short... Is that on purpose?
ilvos01

Postby Vescott on Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:37 am

Whoot! I wish I knew how to do something like that/ And I have to agree with Ivos, the legs seem disproportionate to the body assumming that this is a typical Dk build. but it it a Dk, so thus it can be anything it wants.
I like it and I must not be watching your scraps because I never recieved a watch notification for these.
Vescott

Postby Avolendi on Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:08 pm

:shock: replies, sweet

As for the legs, yup too short and not intented. I'm trying to model the character after my avatar and I'm trying to stick to DK build as much as I can. So any comments are welcome.

I tend to work a lot from up close and then don't notice things that are out of proportion when I zoom out again. This time I held a ruler next to my reference picture and my model and adjusted the body - leg ratio and upper - lower leg ratio a bit, so it should be better the next time ^^
(seems like I got the ratio's for the arms and head right)

Also, went on a bit too long working on other details O.o
Got later than expected.
Avolendi

Postby Avolendi on Mon May 14, 2012 8:33 pm

Update!

Recently dared to upload some screenshots to DA (). Currently already got a bit further and currently working on properly weight painting (had worked on the skeleton/armature for quite some time already. Can already create some poses (^^) and the rig includes tail, mouth and eyes (also tried ears, but those aren't properly deformable).

Currently still need to fix a lot of details to allow it to dynamically change. With the clothing being actually separate especially the arms tends to glitch through it. Planning to try and animate the whole at some later point.

Comments are welcome (here and on DA)!
Avolendi

Postby Avolendi on Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:17 am

Whoehoe! Managed to get a walkcycle that looks half decent!

Was considering to upload it to dA, but figured I should first get out some obvious kinks I found after the first render. Will post a link here when it's done ^^

Which makes this post itself rather empty, but felt mentioning xD
Avolendi

---------

Return to LOOKIT THIS!