Mace and his Power

Have a favorite character in the series? Any that remind you of a real person you know? Talk about the ones you like, the ones you hate, and see what others think.

Re: Mace and his Power

Postby Forgotten dream on Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:28 am

The ability to create vibration into the air, the ground, and the sea. That would be the most awesomeness power ever if people wont say he got the idea from one piece. It might be a possibility. When i question mace's powers i first think about the limits of powers itself. The answer? There is none. For all we know Mace's power is the ability to become a giant mech or manifest SUPERRRRRR armor or or or or the ability to shoot out random gun that shoot out more random gun that shoots out random bats. :lol: There are endless possibilities.
Forgotten dream

Postby dracone on Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:45 am

I'm not sure if David intended it or not, but a DreamKeeper's abilities appear to be a manifestation of an aspect of their personality. So in order to figure out Mace's power we need to look at his personality. So what are Mace's distinctive personality traits?
dracone

Postby Calico Yorki on Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:25 pm

Hmmm...

...Well. Mace's personality...

...He's mischievous, creative, resourceful, devoted to his friends, and must have quite the resilient will.

So. This makes me think of one Power I brought up a long time ago...

...Direct Restoration. The ability to restore the target to its desired state.

Think about it. As this kind of ability has shown in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, there are many uses for an inventive kind of thinker like Mace.

Besides just repairing objects, he could make an effective in-combat healer. If he has a scrap of a missing comrade's clothing, he can "restore" it so that it will lead him to where they are. If an object is large enough and shattered into pieces, he could trick someone onto the right spot and restore it around them - Trapping them inside.

As well, "returning a subject to its desired state" does not necessarily apply to a physical quality. If he's able to train his Power to a high enough level, he could theoretically, say, return Void to his "state" of "sealed out of the Dreamworld." Although, this kind of ability would likely come at a cost.

Also, he wouldn't be able to revive the dead, as reviving a dreamkeeper would require some way to revive their human, which he would likely have no knowledge of.

That could turn quite tragic - He tries to "restore" Paige to life, only for her to be an empty shell.

...Maybe it's better that I stick to creative Forums on most sites.

...Yeah that'd prolly be best.
Calico Yorki

Location: With the Purple, the People, the Plastic-Eating People

Postby ilvos01 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:10 pm

Meh, kind of too much like healing. I think strength is going to take the ticket, personally.
Intense strength. Like, tearing rocks in half. Also, what do you think his halo color will be? I'm thinking white.
ilvos01

Postby Calico Yorki on Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:46 pm

Well, Ilvos...

...As far as all sources tell, Vi's already got Super Strength.

Someone, correct me if I'm wrong.

And did you not read the part of my post besides healing?

Am I so far below you that my posts don't even warrant being fully read?

Or is it not important if it contradicts your ideas?

...Sorry. I'm paranoid. And have warped perception.

...That's a self-diagnosis by the way.

...No lie.

...Super strength is taken, so...

...Huh.
Calico Yorki

Postby WhiteinBlack on Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:45 pm

Maybe intense strength is a bonus to his power. I believe his power is sentinal. In other words, he takes damage like a tank. Gets hit, but keeps moving. Like Juggarnaut in X-Men
WhiteinBlack

Postby Thegunner18 on Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:15 pm

...Or like the berserkers in Gears of War. They're a pain to kill. Especially the Lambent Berserker.

Anyway, I don't think strength would really be Mace's thing. To me he seems like more of an agile guy who can persevere very well and get the job done no matter what the situation. Judging on how well he can set traps and just how mischievous he is, it wouldn't be surprising to me.
Thegunner18

Postby fel4321 on Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:15 pm

Maybe Mace's power could be somewhat similar to Rogue's, in x-men. Minus the touching. And it can go two ways.

Their powers have to use some energy. Maybe he has the ability to feed some energy to a dreamkeeper, enhancing their power. Possibly, he can use another person's power, one who he has come in contact with.

Example: the pillar. We all know that he grew up around Vi. To the best of my knowledge, she has super strength. Maybe he used his ability to mimic hers, although without particular mastery so it didn't work out too well.

With his ability to enhance other dreamkeeper's powers, He might also be able to awaken powers on a much faster time frame. hence Lillith and Namah's sudden use of abilities.

Wouldn't a dreamkeeper with the ability to enhance, and/or awaken other dreamkeeper's powers be one of the most dangerous threats to the nightmares?

As for the sad discovery.. what would be sadder than mace feeding too much of his power into someone else, and passing away because of it? Or being somehow "Damaged"
fel4321

Postby Calico Yorki on Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:17 pm

[SPOILERS? MAYBE!]

Hmmm.

I thought about that, Fel, but...

...I dunno. Even though it makes sense on paper, something...

...Maybe it's just one of my legendary Intelligence Stat Fails, but...I seem to remember there was something about Powers that ruled that out...

...Though, when you think about it, that explains so many things perfectly. If Whip's Power is indeed Telekinesis, and Mace's Power is Activating/Enhacing Other Powers, then it stands to reason that close proximity for many years enabled Whip's Power to passively activate in childhood. Also, as I think I mentioned a looong time ago and you likely put in much better phrasing, both Namah's and Lilith's Powers activated on an especially potent level while they were in danger - And both had been in close proximity to Mace for a decent while.

As to why only Whip's Power has had a passive effect that endured, think about it. Telekinesis can easily manifest passively, i.e., hovering. How exactly can Ether Tendrils be passive? Plus, we've yet to see Lilith attempt to use her Power again - I can see her Life Force Manipulation being far more capable of passively manifesting, like with, perhaps, slowly healing and rejuvenating the others while they're close by her for a long time. We might see this very effect in Vol. 3, if this whole theory is indeed on the money.

Plus, we have to remember, Whip has been close to Mace ever since they were tykes - It might just be that his Power manifested as hovering without fully activating because of this time together without being in dire peril. We know that a dreamkeeper's Power seems to - In natural cases - Activate on impulse in response to either their life being threatened or those precious to them being placed in danger.

As well, like I mentioned a while back and, once again, I'm pretty sure you worded better, Fel, this would perfectly explain why Mace was targeted in the first place. Theoretically, because of him, the Nightmares already have - If we count Bast's inevitable awakening - Four Power users of unknown potency and threat level to contend with; the two we know of awakening their Powers in what can't have been more than twenty-four hours apart from either instance. Plus, if some obscure(?) theories are correct about the Orphanage being used in some way to train young Power users, having a Power like Mace's seems to be in that environment could be disastrous to the Nightmares' plans as a whole.

Well, that was a nice ramble. There are sooo many things I want to discuss about Mace. His adorkable crush on Lilith, his fascinating relationship with Namah, his touching friendship with Whip, his exciting rivalry with Bast...There are so many rambles possible there.

I could go further with this post. But I choose not to. This goes a long way to say:

Calico Yorki agrees with Fel on Mace's Power.
Calico Yorki

Postby TruthQuest on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:12 am

Here's a thought, what if he can craft objects or weapons out of an essence. He would have to summon the essence first but then he could use it in what ever way he or the others could think of. Spears, knifes, walking sticks, frying pans, spatulas, masks, armour, sled board(maybe he make it float with them all standing on it).
TruthQuest

---------

Previous

Return to DK Characters