Mace and his Power

Have a favorite character in the series? Any that remind you of a real person you know? Talk about the ones you like, the ones you hate, and see what others think.

Re: Mace and his Power

Postby ilvos01 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:37 pm

*Whip eats cake WITH HIS MIND*
ilvos01

Postby TruthQuest on Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:12 am

Making wormholes of various size, number, and dimension as well as relocating them to other areas, can redirect attacks/weapon-fire to other targets, travel to other possibly unattainable locations, possibly capable of levitating himself or others if imaginative.

Well, it's possible... come on, this is Mace we're typing about!
TruthQuest

Postby SerafinoDragonTamer on Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:42 pm

So Mace is a whitelighter? (Hahaha Charmed reference...)
SerafinoDragonTamer

Postby Calico Yorki on Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:37 am

Thinking on Mace's Power...

WARNING: POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD

(I apologize for my rantiness and possible/likely ignorance)

...Since he definitely appeared to be the target of the "Sandman," we can draw some conclusions.

Firstly, the Sandman appears to be one of the Underlord's minions, which we see again in the Vol. 3 Sneak Peek. Thus, it's likely that the Underlord was connected to the attack on the Orphanage. While it's not for sure, depending on what time the sacrifice to awaken Void occurred as compared to the Sandman's attack, there's a possibility that Void himself mandated the Underlord to do so in secret.

In that case, why would Mace be targeted? Well. If we take Nabonidus's words to Randy completely literally, then Nabonidus may have some ability to predict a dreamkeeper's Power. If, by some way, either Nabonidus or another Nightmare with a similar ability had predicted Mace's Power - Maybe even before he was born... - Then I think we might have an inkling.

Taking a look at where the orphans were sleeping, Mace didn't seem to be close to any easy entrances. If the Sandman was just randomly attacking, it could have killed one of the orphans closer to the door or such and be gone. Though I don't remember the room's exact layout, the Sandman would have had to bypass several other orphans or even climb in through a side-window in the pouring rain to get to Mace alone.

Then, even when Mace runs away, the Sandman doesn't just kill another random orphan while they've all been knocked out by the gas leaking from its wound (Bitten by Whip). Instead, it goes back out into the storm to pursue Mace. Then, when it notices something where Paige was, it appears to have disguised itself as an orphan and waited things out. (Then again, that could have been even Nabonidus in disguise - No telling what he can do...)

So, to finally get back to my point: Why would Mace be a target over any other orphans? I think he was the target of the Sandman all along. Likely sent by Void via the Underlord who summoned him. Then again, Nabonidus might have been in on the plain. In my mind, I can only think of one reason why either Lord Void or Nabonidus - The only two possible candidates - Would want to kill Mace:

His Power. As I was typing that, I got another idea...Perhaps, for Mace's Power, Void simply wants him dead. However, it could be that Nabonidus wants that Power under his control via Mace as a dark dreamkeeper. What kind of Power could be so destructive that it would cause such unrest? Perhaps it's not "destructive" at all.

After all of that, here are my three current ideas for Mace's Power:

1. Power Enhancement: The ability to accelerate and enhance the effect of other dreamkeepers's Powers. Think about it - If Mace could awaken and master this kind of Power, he would be an immense boon against the Nightmare forces. However, together with dark dreamkeepers, they would have a massive advantage, as well.

2. Causality Manipulation: The ability to manipulate cause and effect. Though not as complex as the actual theory, it's basically rooted in the same idea: Causality as in the relationship between an event (The cause) and its outcome (The effect). Think about what kind of implications this could have with complete mastery - Mace could start or take a role in any event, and get the exact desired outcome. Nabonidus would likely find many uses for this.

^ To be honest, this one I'm least sure about. Prolly completely wrong on all three, though. /shrug

3. Seismic Forces Control: This one is the least "out-there," I'd suppose, but could be the most directly destructive. Simply, the ability to generate and control seismic vibrations. At its lowest form, Mace could probably just throw his enemies off balance and maybe open small pits. But if this was mastered, he'd have actual control of tectonic forces. Think about it. Yeah.

~ ~ ~

So, my thoughts on this subject are wholly and entirely wrong, I'd guess.

Just wanted to say my piece.

Thoughts? 8O
Calico Yorki

Location: With the Purple, the People, the Plastic-Eating People

Postby dapple on Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:32 am

OK, how about a healing ability. One that he gives of himself to heal others, so there's a price attached. To save someone from death he would have to die himself. That would make for some climatic story telling latter on. Oh, very dramatic possibilities.
dapple

Postby ilvos01 on Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:24 pm

Nnngh, that is very similar to Lillith's power.

Onomatopoeia!
ilvos01

Postby Forgotten dream on Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:48 pm

Maybe maces powers are going to something like power of connections. The more connected he is with people the more powerful he gets. And how its going to be a really sad moment for his power to activate, it might activate from his rage and sorrow . From what i seen in the comics, It took extreme emotion to activate them. Nahmas desperation to save her sister, Liliths fear from being eaten by smiley. Bast might go through a extreme emotion too or maybe he already has it. These are what i think might be what mace will get and how.
Forgotten dream

Postby Darkice-421 on Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:01 pm

SPOILERS!!!

True, but wouldn't his power be activated when Paige had died? Obviously he was shocked beyond anything else.
Darkice-421

Postby Forgotten dream on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:43 am

well thats true. Maybe its something else I'm no noticing yet. I know it cant be something so simple like endurance if Nabonidus did want him. It has something be incredible and some thing that no one would suspected. something at first thought be something ridiculous but if thinking deeper it would be a very strong power. like give a example luffy from one piece. hes made of rubber and he kicking everyone's *****.
Forgotten dream

Postby Calico Yorki on Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:12 pm

Ah.

A fellow One Piece fan.

Tell me, have you ever heard of the Gura Gura no Mi?

Basically, that's one of my theories on what Mace's Power could be.

The control of seismic forces, you see.

If he could master such a Power...

...He could possibly destroy the entire city.

Depends on Power Scaling.

Hmmm.
Calico Yorki

Location: With the Purple, the People, the Plastic-Eating People
---------

PreviousNext

Return to DK Characters