Let's find that killer!

Have a take on the latest Prelude strip? Share it in here! Just notice an enticing story hint in one of the graphic novels? Speculate away! Share feedback, large and small about your DreamKeepers experience. But beware, this forum may contain story spoilers.

Re: Let's find that killer!

Postby Mutations2000 on Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:27 am

I doubt Paige and Wisp are related

Finfan wrote:Also, I seem to recall the Indigo twins saying that "Bobby checked with some troika" or something to that effect. That makes me think that "troika" is a descriptive and not a name.

I think I've figured out what "Troika" is. It's the name of "the resistance". I figured this out while I was looking at the DK facebok page. I was looking through concept art for Volume 3, when I found .

Look at the caption. Troika frogs. Look at the pin/patch the frog is wearing. Look familiar? Scinter has one on his vest, and Igrath's belt buckle appears to be the same symbol. It's also on the winter gear that Mace, Whip, Lilith, and Namah find upon arriving at the Starfall mountains. There's even a sticker in the shop that bears the symbol, and it actually says "Dreamkeeper Troika©2008". I'm amazed that I haven't noticed this before! I guess Finfan is right.
Mutations2000

Postby matsananimal on Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:47 pm

Mutations2000 wrote:I doubt Paige and Wisp are related

Finfan wrote:Also, I seem to recall the Indigo twins saying that "Bobby checked with some troika" or something to that effect. That makes me think that "troika" is a descriptive and not a name.

I think I've figured out what "Troika" is. It's the name of "the resistance". I figured this out while I was looking at the DK facebok page. I was looking through concept art for Volume 3, when I found .

Look at the caption. Troika frogs. Look at the pin/patch the frog is wearing. Look familiar? Scinter has one on his vest, and Igrath's belt buckle appears to be the same symbol. It's also on the winter gear that Mace, Whip, Lilith, and Namah find upon arriving at the Starfall mountains. There's even a sticker in the shop that bears the symbol, and it actually says "Dreamkeeper Troika©2008". I'm amazed that I haven't noticed this before! I guess Finfan is right.

Aw, evidently my theory could be correct.
There must be some kind of secret underground Dreamkeeper faction at war with the nightmares and a secret underground Dark Dreamkeeper faction.
:geek:
matsananimal

Postby Mutations2000 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:14 pm

I know we've already discussed the boot print, but did anyone else notice it on the last page of Chapter 2? I know we all saw it in chapter 3, as it wasn't as well hidden there. Look closely at . If you don't see it, look at . For anyone who still doesn't see it, look at .
Mutations2000

Postby Hakuzo NightFox on Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:38 am

hmm, sharp eye. I really need to look over the books better and pay more attention to the little details David likes hiding in the comics. That's the best part of these comics, looking for all the surprises.
Hakuzo NightFox

Postby Zagura on Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:01 pm

:O What if Ravat had thought Paige was actually Mace, seeing as she had his jacket to wash, and that Ravat had actually been sent to kill Mace.

The Sandman could have been trying to choke out Mace until he lost consciousness and then kidnap him. The sandman really seems more of a "saboteur" than an all out hunter-seeker. After all, its never revealed who Ravat was sent to kill, he just said he sabotaged Wisp's mission
Zagura

Postby TruthQuest on Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:54 pm

I can not be sure if everyone here thinks that Mace was or was not a target from the beginning but, on the bottom right of the last page of chapter one, is that not our dear Sandman following Mace back to the orphanage? Of course, this may or may not have been in a topic and debunked already but it made me think that Mace has always been a target. I just keep getting confused by all of these different theories.
TruthQuest

Postby Ayothes on Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:04 pm

DoctorWhat wrote:I actually think the skunk guy was Nabonidus in disguise. I'm saying this based on the kid's eyes: they are blank, same a Nabonidus. They also share the same nonchalant, menacing attitude. It would also explain how Nabonidus knew about Tinsel's betrayal. Nabonidus is Void's right-hand man, and we do not know the full extent of his power. It is quite possible that he is able to shape-shift.

That's always been my opinion, for the same reasons. For one thing, the skunk is almost definitely not a Dreamkeeper. They may have unique characteristics, but lack of pupils has never been one of them. Also, I doubt the sandman has the ability to transform - he seems to be a minion, hence the hordes of them at the time Scuttles summoned Void.

Also, I don't agree with the idea that Ravat ever met the sandman while there, because the sandman could obviously tell Nabonidus about what's going on, and while we know that Nabonidus knew, Tinsel would have been less surprised, and more on her guard, if a Nightmare had seem Ravat. </toolongsentence>
Ayothes

Postby fel4321 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:59 pm

A couple of things. No one seems to recall, but the sandman smelled something just before heading to the washroom. He would never be able to tell out the smell of a waking person and a sleeping person, and in fact may never have been able to pick out an individual smell at all in a thunderstorm with all that wind and water. I think that it smelled blood, and then went to check.

in the next sequence, the skunk appears. Why would the sandman need to come back, when others were around, when it had ample time to check. I think that the sandman reported to... Nabby (love that nick btw). I don't think that the sandman has the mental capacity to do a thourough, near forensic quick-sweep, so Nabby came to inspect the situation. Hence the skunk. I believe that the intention was to abduct both Paige and Mace. Mace was to be abducted by the sandman, and Paige to be abducted by Wisp. However, Tinsel sent Ravat to kill Paige, and make it appear as though wisp had failed her mission.

But Ravat left behind bootprints. This explains why Nabonidus was so willing to forgive wisp. He knows that the failure was not her fault, that Someone had subverted the mission.
fel4321

Postby AnimusIra on Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:42 pm

Okay, very late in the conversation, but in I jump nonetheless, with a few comments:

Numbre Un, on whether Paige equals Wisp:

I saw someone talking about how they had the same markings, so went back to check. I'm far, far too lazy to find pictures to post, but Wisp's left eyelid is also marked, while Paige's isn't, so the markings aren't the same. As for being related and whatnot, I kinda doubt it, but won't toss it out the window.

Numbre Deux, on the Sandman and Ravat and all that stuff:

As I'm sure most of you recall, Mace thinks that the Sandman only went after Paige because she was washing his jacket, and so smelled like he did. That's a good theory, especially adding in the sniffing (as pointed out by fel4321). The problem with the jacket being the murder reason, though, is that first off, the Sandman did see Mace go into the water, and I don't think it's stupid enough to think Mace can teleport, unless it thought that was Mace's power, and that's a whole 'nother ball of wax.
We know that the Sandman couldn't have done the actual murder, because of the bootprint, and the mass of blood. The Sandman's original murder plan had been strangling, and then drowning, so it's safe to assume that it would rather kill cleanly than get that messy. I agree that it was probably Ravat who did the actual Paige-killing.
I do think that the jacket might've been it, though--in a poorly lit room, trying to kill a person he's never actually seen before, it's probably reasonable to assume that he might've just gotten the two mixed up. Or, he really was supposed to go kill Paige for whatever reason, and the Sandman was going after Mace.
That actually does kind of make sense--that, for some reason, the Sandman and Ravat were sent together to kill Paige and Mace. Ravat brutally shredding Paige, and then the Sandman killing Mace neatly and then disposing of the body quietly, could easily peg the murder on Mace and have both of them gone.

Numbre Trois, on Nabonidus and Void:

This one'll be short, I promise--I think Nabonidus is probably a sort of challenger to Void, and that when Void found out it was Nabonidus in charge, he was surprised and mad. (That was my first impression, and I'm sticking with it.) I think that Tinsel is loyal to whoever has the most power, so while at the moment it's probably Nabonidus, it might fluxuate between him and Void. And Ravat just listens to Tinsel, because boobs. And Wisp clearly listens to Nabonidus.

Numbre Quatre, on Pupil-less Kid:

My guess is that it's someone we're gonna more officially meet later. It looks kind of like Nainso, though, so maybe related?
AnimusIra

Postby fel4321 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:18 am

well, now this thread is kind of moot. For anyone who has had the pleasure of reading V3. Answered ^_^ I will not spoil though.

As for the skunk, I think that perhaps the skunk was Nabonidus, I assume with all that power it is very reasonable that he can shapeshift. Mayhaps he checks up on the work himself. they have the same eyes....
fel4321

---------

PreviousNext

Return to Comic story chat room