Let's find that killer!

Have a take on the latest Prelude strip? Share it in here! Just notice an enticing story hint in one of the graphic novels? Speculate away! Share feedback, large and small about your DreamKeepers experience. But beware, this forum may contain story spoilers.

Re: Let's find that killer!

Postby DoctorWhat on Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:08 am

BanditRingtail wrote:Wow. Been a while since I was here. Lots of Wild Mass Guessing, but that's healthy for a comic.

The thing is though, months ago I noticed something that may just blow all our theories out of the water. Why would it do that? Because, if I'm right about this small detail in Volume 1, Chapter 1, one of our most basic assumptions is flat out wrong! An assumption that is key to just about every single theory in this thread!

Look for it. When you see it, you'll... well... you know the phrase. :roll:
I know what your talking about, but that guy does not have the same head-shape OR markings. Nice try, though.
DoctorWhat

Postby BanditRingtail on Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:18 am

Wrong gender, my good Doctor. Completely wrong gender.
BanditRingtail

Postby DoctorWhat on Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:26 am

BanditRingtail wrote:Wrong gender, my good Doctor. Completely wrong gender.
:? Ok, now I'm confused. Not to be rude, but if you could please just spit out to what you are referring?
DoctorWhat

Postby Health on Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:54 pm

Let me make things right here.
The theory in talk is that Paige is Wisp.
The gender quote comes from the fact that both of them are girls, not guys. (well, at least Wisp seems in be female)

And the theory falls on the fact that Randy knew both of them for some time, as seen in V1 and V2, meaning that both of them existed separately even before the events of V1.
Health

Postby DoctorWhat on Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:59 pm

Health wrote:Let me make things right here.
The theory in talk is that Paige is Wisp.
The gender quote comes from the fact that both of them are girls, not guys. (well, at least Wisp seems in be female)

And the theory falls on the fact that Randy knew both of them for some time, as seen in V1 and V2, meaning that both of them existed separately even before the events of V1.
....When did we get on that topic? I thought the last thing that was discussed was who the Skunk-kid is. Where did this other theory come from? was it being discussed earlier in this thread? :?
DoctorWhat

Postby UberUrsa on Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:40 pm

Wait, hold up...how can...
Oh I get it now, it's cause of wisp's power. God it keeps getting more like shadow clone jujitsu doesn't it? XP

Anyway, I can definitely see where this idea came from, I didn't even notice it before. Still and all, I don't think that Wisp's power is quite that flexible, at least we haven't seen it used that way before now, assuming its true.

Its really loosely based on what we know and only holds up if a massive assumption is made about the extent of wisp's power. I just have a hard time buying it since we have had no indication that Wisp's power allows her to change form at all, let alone the incredible amount of detail that is necessary to take paige's form.

However, in support of the theory, we have her reaction upon hearing what mace thinks of her in the forest. Originally I had just chalked it up to her childish nature, but this theory casts it in a new light.

On the other hand, we have the fact that Paige was literally a bloody pulp when she was found, and while there is a chance that it's someone else's remains, no one else seems to be missing.
UberUrsa

Postby matsananimal on Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:07 pm

UberUrsa wrote:Wait, hold up...how can...
Oh I get it now, it's cause of wisp's power. God it keeps getting more like shadow clone jujitsu doesn't it? XP

Anyway, I can definitely see where this idea came from, I didn't even notice it before. Still and all, I don't think that Wisp's power is quite that flexible, at least we haven't seen it used that way before now, assuming its true.

Its really loosely based on what we know and only holds up if a massive assumption is made about the extent of wisp's power. I just have a hard time buying it since we have had no indication that Wisp's power allows her to change form at all, let alone the incredible amount of detail that is necessary to take paige's form.

However, in support of the theory, we have her reaction upon hearing what mace thinks of her in the forest. Originally I had just chalked it up to her childish nature, but this theory casts it in a new light.

On the other hand, we have the fact that Paige was literally a bloody pulp when she was found, and while there is a chance that it's someone else's remains, no one else seems to be missing.

Paige's death was a real bummer for me, poor little kid... :cry:
matsananimal

Postby Health on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:03 am

DoctorWhat
The logic here is quite easy, it's almost elementary.
BanditRingtail tells that he had made an assumption somewhere earlier, you search his posts and find this one:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17&p=14463#p14463
and then everything falls into place.
Health

Postby DoctorWhat on Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:47 pm

Health wrote:DoctorWhat
BanditRingtail tells that he had made an assumption somewhere earlier, you search his posts and find this one:

Of course. "If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." However, this did cause quite a bit of confusion on my part, though I suppose that is to be expected with a long absence away from the forum. Methinks, however, that next time messirs BanditRingtail and Health should take the time to check how long they've been away, and than let everyone know that they are calling up an earlier theory. Just a suggestion, however. I don't mean to be a fuss. :|
DoctorWhat

Postby matsananimal on Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:01 pm

DoctorWhat wrote:
Health wrote:DoctorWhat

Of course. "If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." However, this did cause quite a bit of confusion on my part, though I suppose that is to be expected with a long absence away from the forum. Methinks, however, that next time messirs BanditRingtail and Health should take the time to check how long they've been away, and than let everyone know that they are calling up an earlier theory. Just a suggestion, however. I don't mean to be a fuss. :|

I heard someone come up with a theory that Wisp and Paige are in some way related, or that they might event be the same person. :shock:
You think that's impossible?
matsananimal

---------

PreviousNext

Return to Comic story chat room