Let's find that killer!

Have a take on the latest Prelude strip? Share it in here! Just notice an enticing story hint in one of the graphic novels? Speculate away! Share feedback, large and small about your DreamKeepers experience. But beware, this forum may contain story spoilers.

Let's find that killer!

Postby Health on Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:28 pm

OK, I've just noticed the description of this subforum, so let's also fill it up.
Now we're talking about the plot here, so there are definitely gonna be spoilers. so, considering that there are users who didn't read the comic books, I just need to write this spoiler alert here.

OK, with that done, we're gonna talk about the murder of Paige here, since it's really the first major story twist that I found just by putting together some details of a book. That's why I love Dreamkeepers: there's just so much details in the comic, that you can reread it lots of times and still find new stuff.

So let's go. When the first volume got to me it was simple: some creature gets into an orphanage, tries to kill Mace then kills Paige and gets away. Though I found it odd that the creature tried to just choke Mace but left a bloody mess in the Paige's case, but the plot worked out for me and it was pretty straight.
Now it was the second volume, that got me amazed. There was a conversation with Mace and Lilith about Paige with a little contradiction with a boot print in the end. well I definitely couldn't just drop the book half red, so after reading the second volume I got back to the first one and the boot print is there. That's just awesome. It's really there, you just probably won't notice it and if you did without that little help from the second volume, then I just congratulate you, you're awesome.
OK, getting back to the topic, we look further into the first volume - there's that Ravat guy. he has boots and he talks with Tinsel about some job he'd done that night (or evening). Like I'm holding the book now, and clearly that errand was made, so Nabonidus would kill Wisp for failing some mission, I presume. What exactly did he do, we don't know, but if someone had a suspicion even before the second volume, I honestly congratulate him once again.
Now we get back to the second volume. There's a scene with Wisp and Randy, looking for Mace. Just read again it and TaDa!

Apparently Wisp sent out that creature to kill Mace, but he managed to escape. Then Ravat kills Paige, so the story would be on news, and Wisp's failure would be more fatal than just alerting Mace. And that diversion was organized by Tinsel who apparently needs wisp out of the way for some reason, we don't know yet. That's just my theory.
Like any other theory it has it's bad parts. Like you can see the creature chasing mace, and then it turns away and goes for the light, where apparently Paige is. Also there are no indications that Tinsel knew Wisp would go for Mace exactly that night. Wisp could just friendly told her before, but looking at her dialogue with Randy - they weren't completely sure themselves... or maybe that's just Randy, who knows.
the most interesting part is what it was all for? Seems like Nabonidus is planning something big, Tinsel also planning something, but that's not the mystery of the topic.
The main problem is: did the creature really killed Paige, since it went to where she was after mace escaped, or was it Ravat, since Paige was violently butchered and not just choked.

Well the main reason of creating this topic is I just really wanted to share with you my excitement about those small details in the books, some of which can become so vital to the plot.
Health

Re: Let's find that killer!

Postby Twilight on Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:18 pm

Ok I'm copy/pasting this from the chatroom XP
Sorry for it being an actual copy/paste. I'll try to clean it up if I find the time ^^;

(17:03:07) Health: Now that I think about it, maybe the sandman did kill Paige, but that Ravat just fought off the body and butchered her
(17:03:21) Health: So that the murder would be noticed.
(17:03:58) Health: I mean, if choked, at least you candispose of the body, but when there's so much blood all over the room
(17:04:36) Health: and no one notices some orphan dissapeared.
(17:04:57) Health: Like Mace ran off in the Prelude, and Grunn didn't even care
(17:05:40) Twilight: hmm
(17:06:47) Twilight: Well.. I know that the sandman was definitely after Paige. 'cuz Randy knew about it, and randy's in with Wisp. Who are both kept in the dark by Tinsel. So the sandman might've just confused it's target. Paige could've been important in some way, much like Genaviv was at the very beginning of the first volume
(17:10:43) Health: And, yes, you're right my friend. The creature might be stupid and went for someone who is not sleeping, so this explains why Randy scared paige, so she couldn't sleep.
(17:11:58) Twilight: well it could be that. but remember Mace was sitting on Paige's bed at the moment
(17:12:10) Twilight: 'cuz he went to get her. and she was just awake
(17:12:21) Twilight: and she went to get his jacket cleaned
(17:12:51) Health: That too, but if we accept this, then again it really was an incident, not a planned diversion. So how could Tinsel know it?
(17:13:30) Health: Nah, I'm overthinking this.
(17:13:44) Health: She sent ravat, and he's definitely not stupid
(17:15:51) Health: <This material needs to be posted in thread, we actually cleared the contradictions of the theory>
(17:15:53) Twilight: I think Mace was accidentally involved in the whole thing. I think everyone thinks he was the target because he's the one that got attacked. When according to Randy, Paige was it's actual objective. I think since Ravat saw the sandman attack Mace, and saw Mace escape. He just went and killed Paige instead, thinking he was making it look like the sa
Twilight

Postby RedFox on Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:39 pm

Long story short:

Paige was important, Tinsel sent Ravat and "Sandman" to get rid of her, Mace must have also been on the hit-list and escaped.

The thing that bothers me is the glowing-eyed Skunk in the crowd around the scene in the panel after Mace escapes. Thoughts?
RedFox

Postby Renei Firelight on Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:35 pm

The skunk's probably another person with Tinsel and Ravat and the group. I mean, she (it looked like a girl to me...) didn't seem to have any of that... protagonist sorta look about her, if you know what I'm sayin'.
Last edited by Renei Firelight on Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Renei Firelight

Postby Zor on Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:40 pm

I think Paige was the main target, possibley because she could some how be related to that one girl that was killed to bring Lord Void back to the world. that my thoughts at lest.
Zor

Postby Dez on Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:09 am

I'm really sad about Paige getting killed, honest. My question is why she was killed?
Dez

Postby Health on Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:12 am

2 RedFox: thanks, I definitely forgot about a wrapping up section here.
Though your short story isn't quite right, so here are, what we know:

- Paige might be somehow important to those dark forces. Possible connection to the ritual in the beginning of novel.
- Wisp on her own decision sent out the sandman to kill or capture Paige. Randy was also involved
- Tinsel sent out Ravat to screw up Wisp's plan, so Nabonidus would eliminate her.
- Mace might be the unlucky target here. Now he's definitely on the list, cause Nabonidus then sent wisp for the group.
- It is unknown whether Ravat or sandman killed Paige, but it's highly likely that Ravat was involved in the butchering.
- There was some skunk, who definitely was spying on the whole thing.

Aside from that I can also add some thoughts of Nabonidus activity in the second volume. we all know, he didn't go along with Tinsel's plan, so Wisp isn't killed, and Tinsel now "cursed". The thing is that he sent Wisp after the group, obviously to kill them all. Also he didn't like the fact, Tinsel sent out an assassin after Lilith and Namah, so, I guess, he doesn't care about those two. That means, Wisp was sent to Kill Mace and whip. Now that could be because he became the unlucky target of a sandman and now needs to be eliminated, or He just might be the target to kill in the first place.
And yeah, that skunk is a total mystery for now. We all can just grab the book and look for him/her in other pages, if it is there of course, which is highly unlikely.
Health

Postby RedFox on Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:29 am

Health wrote:2 RedFox: thanks, I definitely forgot about a wrapping up section here.
Though your short story isn't quite right, so here are, what we know:

- Paige might be somehow important to those dark forces. Possible connection to the ritual in the beginning of novel.
- Wisp on her own decision sent out the sandman to kill or capture Paige. Randy was also involved
- Tinsel sent out Ravat to screw up Wisp's plan, so Nabonidus would eliminate her.
- Mace might be the unlucky target here. Now he's definitely on the list, cause Nabonidus then sent wisp for the group.
- It is unknown whether Ravat or sandman killed Paige, but it's highly likely that Ravat was involved in the butchering.
- There was some skunk, who definitely was spying on the whole thing.

Aside from that I can also add some thoughts of Nabonidus activity in the second volume. we all know, he didn't go along with Tinsel's plan, so Wisp isn't killed, and Tinsel now "cursed". The thing is that he sent Wisp after the group, obviously to kill them all. Also he didn't like the fact, Tinsel sent out an assassin after Lilith and Namah, so, I guess, he doesn't care about those two. That means, Wisp was sent to Kill Mace and whip. Now that could be because he became the unlucky target of a sandman and now needs to be eliminated, or He just might be the target to kill in the first place.
And yeah, that skunk is a total mystery for now. We all can just grab the book and look for him/her in other pages, if it is there of course, which is highly unlikely.

I know my short post wasn't justice, but, you did fine. You also saved the rest of us much typing. I'd say this case is closed for now until the next volume is released.
RedFox

Postby StormCrow on Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:12 pm

Yeah there's not much more that you could figure out with that info. But I just wanted to point out that Ravat had a bunch of blood on his boots and knife in the first volume when he was meeting with tinsel.
And I'm pretty sure that the mystery skunk you guy's noticed was actually Troika, I saw him in Dave's sketchbook awhile back so I have an unfair advantage =D
But I think you guy's are dragging Randy alittle too far into this though. I've got a feeling he's more of a I'm a jerk becuse I don't know how to say i like you sort of character. It might also explain why he was so furious with mace when he found paige dead. I'm guessing itwas more then an act.
StormCrow

Postby Twilight on Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:27 pm

I'm not so sure Randy's like that. He DID taunt Paige when he knew the sandman was coming for her.

I also have my suspicion of that skunk being Troika. Though I don't vividly recall seeing him in David's sketchbook (as I too have seen it hehe). I just assume it's him 'cuz it's the one nameless character we know of, and there's one name who's owner we haven't seen thus far...
Twilight

---------

Next

Return to Comic story chat room