Kalei and Jeneviv

Have a favorite character in the series? Any that remind you of a real person you know? Talk about the ones you like, the ones you hate, and see what others think.

Re: Kalei and Jeneviv

Postby Ice4smaster on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:15 pm

Twilight wrote:I can make your life a whole lot easier by telling you to not ever look for any kinds of clues in Prelude XD

Not yet maybe :D

But yeah, we likely get te answers quicker in the GN then Prelude, or Dave if he want to spoil it for us.

Yorki, you got some nice stuff there, "Wrath of Flowers" well she is mischievus, why i have the feeling when she and Namah meet ( somewhere between prelude and GN pretty sure to happen ) they quickly get on good terms in mastery of causing trouble, sure she can take only cooper at best, Namah takes gold, Mace silver anytime.
Ice4smaster

Postby Twilight on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:21 pm

No, Ice, I've explained this to you before. Prelude and the GNS are not the same thing. They are not mutually interrelated. There are no, and will never be, clues about anything that happens in the GNS coming out of Prelude.

I mean, feel free to disregard this and speculate away on all the random details, but you're far more likely to actually hit something accurate and real if you contain the speculation the details that are in the GNS.
Twilight

Postby Ice4smaster on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:38 pm

This actualy do comes from GN and did write it in the dedicated thread. Could write spoilers here too, but i do know this as be a fact, now that this be part of prelude or not is an entierly different story, but dead sure they did meet in this time period. ( Namah and Kalei )

Page 59~
Ice4smaster

Postby Twilight on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:45 pm

That's not the point. I'm talking about stuff like trying to analyze what Jeneviv's personality has to do with her role in the GNS, for example. Things like that.
Twilight

Postby Ice4smaster on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:54 pm

Thats fair enough lol
Ice4smaster

Postby BigEasy on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:00 am

As we speculate we draw clues from wherever we can. Prelude cannot help us with plot details, but it can give us a sense of the characters we will see in the story proper, Vi and the guards for instance.

However, in this case Twilight is entirely correct to dismiss Prelude in understanding the Twins.

[if (SPOILERS == true) then]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What we know from Prelude is what Kalei and Jeneviv's personalities are during normal circumstances. Circumstances are not normal. They were kidnapped for unknown purposes. One of them is dead. The other is an emotionally scarred shell. Our understanding of these characters is out of date with what has happened in the books and will likely only serve to confuse us.

Indeed, very little is known of them at all, and it seems that Kalei still has some part yet to play in the story. So many questions surrounding the reasons and circumstances for their capture and Kalei's escape, this has actually become the biggest mystery of the series for me. Even more than Mace's power.

It occurs to me that Jeneviv has not actually been named in the GNS. Interesting. Maybe Dave is waiting for an appropriate time to address this, or perhaps the twins are not as significant to the story as I had thought.

On a more morbid note, do you think Kalei knows what happened to Jeneviv? Aside from being incredibly depressing, it would help to explain her current emotional withdrawal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
[else]
BigEasy

---------

Previous

Return to DK Characters