Kalei and Jeneviv

Have a favorite character in the series? Any that remind you of a real person you know? Talk about the ones you like, the ones you hate, and see what others think.

Kalei and Jeneviv

Postby BetaSwimmer on Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:50 pm

I'm sure this place is already littered with tons of character forums, but well since they have a spot in the Prelude cast list, I figured I'd make one for them...

But I have a reason for it. Spoiler!!! Anyone else notice that one of the two sisters is the same or very similar to the lady killed in the first part of the entire Main story? Actually taking a second look I'd say that it is one of them....she even has the same hair discoloration at the tips. I don't know which sister is which, but still, play on. I'm curious as to the implications of this.
BetaSwimmer

Re: Kalei and Jeneviv

Postby matsananimal on Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:01 am

BetaSwimmer wrote:I'm sure this place is already littered with tons of character forums, but well since they have a spot in the Prelude cast list, I figured I'd make one for them...

But I have a reason for it. Spoiler!!! Anyone else notice that one of the two sisters is the same or very similar to the lady killed in the first part of the entire Main story? Actually taking a second look I'd say that it is one of them....she even has the same hair discoloration at the tips. I don't know which sister is which, but still, play on. I'm curious as to the implications of this.

That Lady that was sacrificed was Jenaviv.
matsananimal

Postby Calico Yorki on Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:50 pm

Oi!

Oi! Oi oi oi!!

This is already taking place!! I started a thread like this!!

...However...We shall see which garners more attention by the end of the month.

Then, it shall be decided which one deserves to remain standing.

If you want me to, I'll bring over my info.

Pyon.
Calico Yorki

Location: With the Purple, the People, the Plastic-Eating People

Postby ilvos01 on Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:08 am

I thought the other thread was... locked, for some reason. It had 5 pages.
ilvos01

Postby Oseirus on Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:54 pm

The other Kalei and Jeneviv thread did get locked. People were arguing about something (I think about Jeneviv's capture) and it got out of hand. A shame too, they're my favorite characters from Prelude...

Of course, there's no reason we couldn't restart a CIVIL conversation here. While they're still relatively new and unknown characters, the Twins certainly have a lot of room for discussion. I mean, they go from being happy-go-lucky (and slightly eccentric) kids and friends of Lilith to being captured and sacrificed by Nightmares. I'm DYING to know more about what's going on with them, and I'm really hoping we'll see Kalei in Volume 3.
Oseirus

Postby treasuredluv on Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:28 pm

Jeneviv gets "sacrificed" in the DK commercial too :( Poor her.
treasuredluv

Postby Ice4smaster on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:49 am

bumpity bump.

Guess we can have some more speculations on her.
Ice4smaster

Postby Devious_Psychopath on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:16 am

Spoiler tag it first though. Let folks know your post will contain V3 material.
Devious_Psychopath

Postby Calico Yorki on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:53 pm

Well, let's look at the info we have at hand...

[SPOILERS IN THE NIGHT, WHEN THE WIND BEGINS TO HOOOWWWL...]

~ ~ ~

Kalei -

Name Origin: Hawai'i, meaning - "the wreath of flowers; the beloved"

Personality: Hyperactive, mischeivous, master of many Sister Acts

Plot: Kalei has yet to be introduced, however, in the very same panel where we see Ravat making an early bird cameo, we can see Kalei - behind him, staring frightened at something/someone - ducking into an alley.

Jeneviv -

Name Origin: France(??) (As in, Genevieve), meaning - "woman of the people"
* note: St. Genevieve was historically credited with saving the Port of Orleans, if I recall; she negotiated with invading pirates and effectively preserved the city almost completely intact. (someone fact check me plox)

Personality: Controlled, sly, master of many Sister Acts

Plot Significance: Was sacrificed at the beginning of Vol. 1 in a Nightmare ritual to revive their long-slumbering master, Lord Void

What We Know of the Two Together:
- Nabonidus supposedly had them both captured (unless he meant Indigo/some random yet-unintroduced twins), and secretly hidden from his enemies and allies.
- We know that they did not stay hidden, as the Underlord sacrificed Jeneviv, and Kalei was in a city street, seemingly in flight from her captors.
- Their importance to Nabondius's plans were such that he nearly killed several Nightmares in his way to punish the Underlord for undoing their part to play.
- We know that, whatever the scheme of the Underlord is, he has an accomplice. * ??

[BEGONE, YE SPOILERS!! FLY FAR, FLY FAST!!]

What theories can we derive from these information samples and inferences?

>:?
Calico Yorki

Location: With the Purple, the People, the Plastic-Eating People

Postby Twilight on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:41 am

I can make your life a whole lot easier by telling you to not ever look for any kinds of clues in Prelude XD
Twilight

---------

Next

Return to DK Characters