It's Time for Chat Question Regulation!

Wanna chat about something that *gasp* isn't in one of the all-encompassing categories? Come on in!

It's Time for Chat Question Regulation!

Postby Lord of the Forest on Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:04 pm

You heard me! With help and suggestions from Zagura I've decided that we should try to implement something into the chat to make questions for David less loud and terrifyingly off-topic.

Here's the plan. Everyone enters the normal chat as usual. However, NO specific questions on Dreamkeepers or David-related shenanigans shall be posted in the chat unless they are approved in a seperate chat called #DKChatQuestions. Normal chatter goes on in the #Dreamkeepers chat, but don't spring David with questions guys. Seriously, I'll be muting those who do for five minutes and then informing them when they're able to speak again.

To enter this new chatroom, type /join #DKChatQuestions and hit enter. You'll enter the chat where Everyone can post their questions where they shall be reviewed and possibly answered by a mod, usually myself or Twilight or any other member that we acknowledge as reliable in that department. Trust us, we know the Dreamkeepers universe quite extensively. This is meant to save David time; more time hanging out with his fans and less time answering needless/pointless questions! :geek:

The questions that we can't answer or are fit for David to wrack his brain with will be noted by one of the mods in a text file and we'll wait until David arrive. Please do not chatter in the question thread guys, it's not built for that. Only post the number of questions you want to ask and then post your questions themselves. BE SURE YOU GET YOUR QUESTION IN BEFORE DAVE APPEARS. I will accept questions after the fact, but they'll be put at the bottom of the list. We're making a line here folks, dogpiling on David has reached the tolerance level for many folks. Hopefully, this will help regulate that.

Once David arrives, we'll chat for awhile, usual stuff. At some point I'll notify David for question time. Then I'll start posting questions down the list for him to read, saying who asked it and then I'll identify who's next in line for questioning. Rinse and Repeat. The questions will stop when I run out or whenever David has to take off.

That's pretty much the plan guys. This is to help make the chat a much more organized, fun place. I believe this is a step in the right direction. I want to hear your thoughts on this, whether anything should be revised or if this concerns any of you.
Lord of the Forest

Re: It's Time for Chat Question Regulation!

Postby SerafinoDragonTamer on Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:09 pm

Great idea, Though you might want to provide the link to the question chatroom along with the regular chat link to new people. xD
SerafinoDragonTamer

---------

Return to 'Other' - miscellaneous discussion