Interest Thread: "Beyond"

Tired of being in character? Relax, ditch the mask, and take a break in the headless room.

Re: Interest Thread: "Beyond"

Postby Chemical Cutthroat on Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:37 pm

Ahhh... we've ditched Dirt.

Sorry AM... but you know how much of a bum you can be getting you to post on time. I'm sure you'll figure something out.
Chemical Cutthroat

Postby Thegunner18 on Sat May 26, 2012 6:00 pm

So, considering that applications are closing on the 1st June, does that mean we're going to be starting this quite soon, then? Just wondering so that I know what's going to be happening a little bit in advance. ^_^ That is, if you know what's going to be happening, Sorrel XD
Thegunner18

Postby Sorrel on Mon May 28, 2012 2:12 am

Oh gosh, I'd forgotten that I set an application deadline. Thanks for bringing that up.

Okay guys, here's the situation: First off, apologies for posting an interest thread like a bajillion years in advance, that was really jumping the gun on my part. I understand if some of you have lost interest by now.

Secondly, real life crashed through my window and was all "You've got a whole summer break of breathing time? THIS MUST BE REMEDIED!!" and so no, I don't think I'll be able to start this sucker up anytime soon. Surprise summer school is a *****, what can I say. (No, I didn't fail anything, the family just decided that I need to graduate a couple years early and this means I need to take allll the classes NAOW.) I'll be extending the application thing on the off chance that people are still interested.

There are three ways I can handle this, and I'd like your collective take on it.

1.) Cancel it...?
I really don't want to do this 'cause I'd feel like an ***. This is only if people decide they don't feel like participating anymore, since it hasn't even started up yet, so it's unlikely that it will be implemented.

2.) Hand the RP to a different GM/ Get a co-GM to help me.
I'm definitely happy to leave the Gamemaster position open to anyone who wants to take a crack at it -- I've got world-building notes and everything at the ready if they want it. I'm also willing to accept a wingman if nobody wants to take the full reins, but does want to try out GMing.

3.) Postpone the RP 'til some time between November and the last day of December.
Likely December, since most winter breaks happen in that time, and is therefore probably convenient for the most people. I'm totally cool with this if you all are actually willing to forgive me for shoving this thing back by several months.

ARRG I'm sorry everybody. Stuff happens. Now I know for future reference not to open an interest thread until I know, for certain, that I'll be able to run something within a couple weeks of the opening post. Live and learn, right?

Anyway, what do you guys think?
Sorrel

Postby Oseirus on Wed May 30, 2012 9:26 am

Argh. Finally home from the desert, come crawling in here looking for a RP to burn my free time on, this one sounded awesome (both in premise and players), I get ALL the way to the end to make sure apps were still being accepted... and then this.

I haven't been this disappointed since hearing Edward Norton was being replaced by Mark Ruffalo in The Avengers.

On the bright side this gives me plenty of time to work up a good application... maybe actually finally get around to finishing this character from half a year ago.
Oseirus

Postby Twilight on Wed May 30, 2012 10:39 am

No offense, but the reason she's doing this is because she will literally have no time to run it and she was sensible enough to let people know about it ahead of time. She DID say this could just be postponed a few months, not cancelled completely.
Twilight

Postby Oseirus on Wed May 30, 2012 12:24 pm

Er... If I came off as legitimately upset then I assure you that wasn't the point. Or the intention. I wasn't being anything more than sarcastic, and if I seemed like I was seriously being a ******* then I apologize immensely.

Stupid internet and its lack of contextual inflection!
Oseirus

Postby Thegunner18 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:08 pm

Well, the reason I haven't been here for, well...a bloody age is because of GCSEs I've got in two weeks. The workload has suddenly gone straight through the roof and that really annoys me. Especially as I'm also trying to write a fanfiction D: Anyway, I think postponing it would be fine with me.

I'm going to be free this summer for about...5 months because I'm having surgery on my foot which means I won't be able to go into school after the summer holidays for 3 months so I'll have time then ^_^ Christmas time could work, too, although the holidays in winter are shorter for me than in summer. Then again, I'd be happy to get this RP up and running whenever's convenient for all you guys :D
Thegunner18

Postby Jinxlynx on Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:33 pm

I am going to assume all the slots are taken eh
Jinxlynx

Postby Terminal on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:58 pm

I vote for the postponing. Just my humble opinion, but I actually looking forward to seeing how it plays out. Your call though sorrel, do what you want.
Terminal

Postby Devious_Psychopath on Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:24 pm

Postponing.
Devious_Psychopath

---------

Previous

Return to Headless room.