Interdimensional Nexus Bar & Grille

A sparkling fantasy world is here. Rev up your imagination, and get ready to be a part of the story!

Re: Interdimensional Nexus Bar & Grille

Postby Dream-Weaver on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:23 pm

Frank sniffled and wiped his whatever a slime's equivalent to a nose is. He tried to calm himself down, but his happiness was still showing all over his face (not an actual face, a metaphorical face)

Frank: This place?

He looks around a bit, finally realizing that this isn't a normal bar

Frank: I'm not sure, I just wandered into a tavern and hoped I could get a drink before getting attacked by adventurers

He looks around again...

Frank: But this place doesn't look like the place a entered, I'm pretty sure the tavern I slithered into only had 1 floor

Frank starts to get a little worried

Frank: W-where am I?

________________________________________________________________________________________

OOC: Just in case it's not entirely clear, that last question from frank isn't being asked to Sweet, but is just him talking out loud to himself, much like a person saying "what have I done" after doing something horrible

P.S No problem Mandy, to be perfectly honest I forgot all about this thing, had to re-read the past 2 pages to figure out what to say next...

P.P.S Do slimes slither? I know they don't walk, since they don't have legs, and I'm pretty sure they don't roll (at least the type of slime Frank is doesn't) so I think slither is the correct word, but it's just sounds weird to say a slime slithers, but maybe that's because the word itself just sounds weird to me

P.P.P.S "Seven sad slimes slowly slithered over stinky sandstone stalagmites whilst a sordid sorcerer stabbed them with a stolen spongy sabre"

Try saying that 3 times fast (or once at any speed)
Last edited by Dream-Weaver on Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dream-Weaver

Postby MandyHabato on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:46 pm

Sweet blinked once, and then made a noise of great annoyance and tiredness, and plunked her head down onto her crossed arms on the bar. The one ...well, intelligent being (yeah, let's go with that) she had made friends with knew about as much about this place as she did. Wow. Maybe her friends were right, she was unlucky...

"Well, sh*t." She mumbled into her arms before raising her head. She didn't usually use language like that, but she figured she was in enough bad luck to loosen her tongue a little. "If you don't know anything...ARG, I don't know what to do now!" She half-yelled, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Okay...let's start with this. Where were you before you entered the bar? Where was the bar you were trying to enter, at least?" Sweet said slowly, obviously trying to contain her annoyance. She wasn't annoyed at Frank, she was annoyed that her friends might be being killed and/or tortured while she was sitting in a bar who-knows-where talking to an intelligent mass of living acidic goo.

_____________________OCC
And yes, I would say slimes slither. Unless we're talking like in Minecraft, where they hop, but obviously those ones have a sort of a face and are square and are certainly not Frank. XD

At least I'm not alone in MIA land. or, wasn't I guess. Did I ever mention what fandom Sweet Blood came from? Do you even care? Will these questions ever be answered? Find out next time on 'Interdimentional Roleplaying!'

(And no, I have no friggin idea what i just did.)
MandyHabato

Postby Dream-Weaver on Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:13 pm

Frank calms himself down a little, trying to remember as much detail as he can

Frank: I was in a goblin village since they were less likely to attack me (as goblins almost have it as bad as we slimes do), I know goblins don't have the best drinks in the world, but I figured it was better than nothing...

Frank tries to rember some more

Frank: Though it wasn't so much a tavern as a shoddily built thatched-roof wooden hut

Frank starts to get really worried, as being a slime is hard enough, but now he's a slime in an unfamiliar place where he can't hide if trouble starts

________________________________________________________________________________________

OOC: Frank was too depressed when he entered to notice things that should be obvious, like that the bar was far to nice looking to be the same place he entered from, or that it was much larger, or that the bartender isn't a goblin...

P.S Ah, the goblin, another creature that's picked on by others, though goblins are more organized and therefore can potentially pose and actual threat, they're still weaker than the stonger creatures like the orc or the dragon...

Okay well, most creatures are weak compared to the dragon, but you get my point

But all-in-all I imagine that goblins would come the closest to understanding the slime, don't get me wrong, they still don't like them (they are made of acid and destroy things by simply existing) and they usually try to keep them out of their villages, but they don't really attack them unless needed
Dream-Weaver

Postby MandyHabato on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:22 pm

Sweet Blood stopped, blinked at the slime, and facepalmed as the unfortunate reality of everything hit her. "We're not even from the same world. There may have been a freaking Apocalypse, and BL.IND. my do crazy tests on things and crap, but I know fro a fact we don;t have goblins. That leaves me with the troubling questions of: Where the hell is this place and how the hell did I get here!?!?" Sweet nearly yells the last part, but quickly take a deep breath to keep from screaming.

I was with my friends, why aren't they here? I was only a yard behind Baby, at the most! And I was the last one in, this doesn't make sense...They must think I've been caught or killed by BL.IND. Whoa, stop there sweet, I need to make a plan to stay safe and get out of here without any MORE hostiles on my but for us to dodge. Plans may include this long-distance buddy of mine. She was quiet for a minute, thinking whit her fingers pinching the bridge of her nose under her mask.

"Okay, frank." Sweet blood started once she had gathered her thoughts. "I propose this: Until one of us gets out of here, or dies, (whichever comes first) we guard each other's backs since neither of us have any idea where or what this place is...safety in numbers, right?"

OCC__________-
e-yup
...somethign action-y should happen soon. or maybe not. i don't know, it's late for m new sleep schedule and i cant' thingl
MandyHabato

Postby Dream-Weaver on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:52 pm

Frank flinches slightly as Sweet starts to yell, clearly she's just as scared as he is...

Sweet Blood wrote:Okay, frank. I propose this: Until one of us gets out of here, or dies, we guard each other's backs since neither of us have any idea where or what this place is...safety in numbers, right?

Frank looks up at Sweet, trying to decide what to say... On the one hand she has a point, but on the other he is a slime, and his limited mobility and general weakness to being attacked might not make him the best choice for a gaurd...

Frank: Y-yeah I suppose. Though I'm not really all that strong, but I'll do my best to help you!

OOC: Yeah, slimes may be living balls of acid, but they somehow stll take damage when hit by a sword (even though logic dictates that the sword should either go straight through them and/or get stuck) so unless they can physically touch you, they can't do much

They're also kinda slow, what with not having feet and all
Dream-Weaver

Postby Hakuzo NightFox on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:50 am

OOC: I've been reading these things but I haven't really had and thing that would be good for RP.

As for slimes I know in some games there are slimes that are completely immune to physical damage and can only be hurt by Magic. I think it was like that in older versions of DnD.

Take B.O.B from Monsters Vs Aliens, He's nearly indestructible and he dissolves anything that goes past the outer-membrain of his body.
Hakuzo NightFox

Postby Dream-Weaver on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:46 pm

OOC: Yeah, well I'm kinda taking a general run-of-the-mill slime here, so he can be hurt by physical attacks...

Though rpg games don't always make sense, I forget which game, but it treated poision as physical damage (makes sense I suppose), but this means that gaurding would reduce the damage that poision did (which makes no sense what-so-ever) so having a slime be damaged by swords isn't too far out there (by rpg standards)

Also, B.O.B is awesome, he's the slime other slimes want to be
Dream-Weaver

Postby Calico Yorki on Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:24 am

The door opens in a nondescript way, and a perfectly unexceptional man walks in on a cane.

He wears wirerimmed glasses, threadbare clothes, and appears to be in dire need of a shave. His cane has a canine skull on top, trailing two vibrant green and blue feathers. This cane abruptly gets stuck between two floorboards, allowing its owner to toddle off without it.

He realizes what he has lost just a moment too late. He tips forward, and prepares to embrace the floor. Then, he goes into a single-hand stand, springs into the air, does a triple-axel flip, and lands right in front of the bar. "Hit me with the Wicked Elixir," he says brightly, "and have a Doctor McGillicuddy ready for the masked girl who will walk through that door in two minutes thirty-three seconds. Also, my cane would like a drink. He only takes the Green Fairy." His cane barks behind him. The bartender gives a certain undead shrug, and goes about the orders. When he glances back, he sees that several rubies and a gold bar have been set there as payment.

Calico Yorki walks past the slime. "You look splendid sir," he chirps, "your slimy form has a brilliant sheen!" He then slings himself into a vacant seat, and falls right asleep. His cane hops across the floor, tippity-tap-tapping all the way, before leaning itself against its master's chair.

It remains to be seen whether Yorki will sleep peacefully.
Calico Yorki

Location: With the Purple, the People, the Plastic-Eating People

Postby Dream-Weaver on Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:43 pm

You look splendid sir, your slimy form has a brilliant sheen!

Frank looks at the strange man...

Frank: Um, thank you?

Frank is confused...

_________________________________________________________________________________________

OOC: It hurt itself in it's confusion

No wait...

That's a completely different thing
Dream-Weaver

Postby Dream-Weaver on Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:16 am

All movement within the Interdimensional Nexus Bar & Grille freezes, as the lights flicker off and everything grounds to a halt

Paradox: Oh dear, not again

*Eternity has encountered a fatal error and must be shut down*

Paradox: It seems it's time for a reboot

Paradox pulls out a disk containing the back up for reality, and proceeds to install it into a newer, faster model

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Paradox: Well folks, If you want to go to the bar, you have to go to the new forums!

Dream-Weaver

---------

Previous

Return to IC - DreamWorld Adventures...