Interdimensional Nexus Bar & Grille

A sparkling fantasy world is here. Rev up your imagination, and get ready to be a part of the story!

Re: Interdimensional Nexus Bar & Grille

Postby MandyHabato on Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:34 am

The girl slid to the ground, biting her lip. That...ball of talking goo shocked her out of her momentary freeze of thought. It all came tumbling to her, and she would take it all and set herself up fine; she just needed a blink to settle her thoughts.
Sure, she'd been thrown around, big surprises, shocks that crashed the world down around her, and gotten past it without a pause, taking it all in stride, hoisting her friends up and out with her. But nothing impossible. Nothing that couldn't happen within the realms of physics. Or, apparently, physics as she had known it, because right now this whole thing just threw her on her head.
And so, she sat there for a minute, and socked it in. Talking blob of goo drinking something, check. Apparent bar room, check. A strangely dressed man near next to a zombie, check...sort of.

'Okay, I'll study that later.' She thought as she moved her gaze back to the blob. 'That's more likely than this...thing. Guy. Whatever. One anomaly at a time, starting with the...least understandable'

She slowly stood up, and walked over to the...goo thing. 'It's not impossible.' She reassured herself. 'Just...improbable.'* "Um, ex-excuse me?" She mentally slapped herself for stuttering. What had all those lessons Baby had given her for if she stuttered here? "Excuse me." She said again, and this time her voice sounded faintly...British? "Could I ask you some things. I don't know about you, but I've never been here and things are confusing. Well, down right mind boggling, brings a lot of questions. One of which being, no offence but, what exactly are you?"

________
*got that from Doctor Who, and then i realized, Dream Weaver, you've got Improbable Island chars here. Would have been more funny if she thinking that when going up to them, but oh well. Maybe later. Oh,and excuse her rudeness. She's a curious kid, and can say things that might be a bit out of line, because she can't really think of what she says before hand. Usually.
I'm actually interested myself in your endeavor, so a little outside interaction wouldn't be to unwelcome, would it? What is a slime's life like? X3
and if it sounds like I've been watching a big TARDIS-full of Doctor Who, it's cuz I have. And I'm in a 'Doctor Who' mood. ^^ Oh well, on with the adventures! Allons-y!
MandyHabato

Postby Dream-Weaver on Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:04 pm

"Excuse me? Could I ask you some things? I don't know about you, but I've never been here and things are confusing. Well, down right mind boggling, brings a lot of questions. One of which being, no offence but, what exactly are you?"

The slime turns towards the strange looking girl speaking to him

Slime: It's okay, no offence taken, I'm use to it

The slime finally registers her question. She wants to know what he is? To be honest he himself isn't entirely sure; yeah, he's a slime, but what purpose does he really serve? he's not welcome in any biological niche, so why does a creature like him even exist?

The slime notices he still hasn't asnwered the question

Slime: *sigh* I'm a slime, a horrible creature made of acidic goo that everyone hates.

The slime is clearly depressed, but he's a little bit happier now, it might just be the drink, but this girl doesn't seem repulsed by his existance, and that gives him just a little bit of relief

But not much

________________________________________________________________________________________

OOC: Just for the record, this isn't one of those slimes that have a happy smily face, He more closely resembles "The Blob" only he's greenish in color...

P.S @MandyHabato: I've never actually seen Doctor Who, not because I don't want to, because I really do, but I'm the type of person who has to see things from the very begining even if it's not needed, and there is know way I can find the time to watch 50+ years worth of television...

The only things I really know about Doctor Who are the TARDIS, Weeping angels, and those things that eat time paradoxes, so I'm going into this blind, it'll be fun...
Dream-Weaver

Postby MandyHabato on Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:23 pm

________
@DreamWeaver: I'm exactly like that too! But the good thing is, you don't have to! Just start with the first season of the new series, it's on Netflix. It's starts with the first episode with the 9th doctor (Eccleson) and goes on with the 10th(Tenet, my fav) and up until the current 11th(Smith(i think))! You can jump right in right there, because nothing from before the 9th Doctor doesn't come in without a very good explanation! :D COME ON! BECOME A WHOVIAN! U KNOW U WAAANT TOOOOO! X3 Come on, the Doctor is too much fun to let silly ol' personal tv-show-watching rules to get in the way! And if you know what the TARDIS is, what does its name stand for? :D pop quiz! (And yeah, those Weeping Angels are in the 3rd season and REALLY SCARY. to me) I digress
____________________________________________________________________________________

The girl cringed a little, then looked sorry. She sat down next to him. "Oh, don't say that!" She held out a hand to touch him then stopped, akwardly pulling the motion into a wave of her hand.

"You don't seem all that bad!" She reassured. "I've never seen a slime before. Don't have ya' where I come from, I think. But you seem nice enough. I guess someone just has to give ya' a chance."

She paused, looking at him a second before asking. "Uh, so, what's your name? I'm Sweet Blood, but my friends just call me Sweet. Or Sweety, but I think it sounds weird when they call me that. Like a couple's nickname." She made a humorous grossed-out face.
"But, off topic. What should I call you?" She asked, putting her elbow on the bar and her fist on ehr cheek.
MandyHabato

Postby Dream-Weaver on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:33 pm

The slime looks over at Sweet with what would be a look of surprise if he had a face. Did this girl really just ask him his name? No ones ever asked him his name before, they usually just scream and yell "Kill it! Kill it now!"

Slime: My name? My name is Frank...

Frank starts to think. Why was Sweet being so nice to him? Even if she doesn't know what a slime is, he's still a horrible creature made of acidic goo, hell, he leaves a trail of highly corrosive acid by simply moving! Does she really not care?

Frank: And why are you giving me a chance? I'm a monster, I damage things and hurt others by simply existing! Why are you trying to hard so make me feel better?

Frank is starting to get upset, because after an entire life of being treated like less than dirt, you start to believe that you are less than dirt, it becomes a part of who you are, and when someone gives you just the slightest bit of hope, you suddenly remember that you are less then nothing...

________________________________________________________________________________________

OOC: Just to clarify some things, Slimes are very low level enemies, so low level that they are usually only seen in the first few areas, and a low level beginning adventurer would totally freak out when they see a slime, because at that level Rats can still cause significant damage, so what could a slime do?

Slimes only ever really see novice adventurers, because the high level ones don't really go back to low level areas, a high level hero that's single-handedly saved the universe from a great ancient evil wouldn't even see the slime as an enemy, he'd just walk by and be like "hey how's it going?" and be on his way.

P.S @MandyHabato: I'm aware that I don't have to, but my brain doesn't work that way.

If I can get just 4 episodes into a series, I can watch it from the middle, but during those 4 episodes I will go crazy, I will need to find a way to force myself to stay in one spot, no distractions what-so-ever, and watch it...

I will try to watch it, because my curiosity has pretty much peaked to the point where I'm going crazy NOT trying ot watch it...

It's all a matter of which crazy is stronger...
Dream-Weaver

Postby MandyHabato on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:00 pm

Sweet Blood blinked, looking confused.
"Uhm...because A: Even though you may be physically dangerous, you aren't trying to hurt me, and B: You are a sentient being with feelings and a personality that I happen to like. And you seemed depressed. Heck, my friends question why I try to reason with almost everyone instead of physically fighting, so I guess this isn't that weird for me. I like having friends and allies." Sweet shrugged. "Frankly, Frank, you have given me no reason to dislike you, so my base nature says I should at least give you a chance. And so far, I like ya'." She smiled. "So stop trying to give me reasons for me not to, and just accept it. 'Cuz once I decide to like someone, it takes some work to change my mind.
Besides, you can't help what you are. For me, it's what you do with what you got that counts."

Yep, Sweet likes to see the good in people. ^^ or...things. idk, she doesn't like having enemies if she can help it.
@DW: I will try to help keep your curiosity to a going-crazy peak, if u want. Because you NEED to watch this show. It is the awesomest awesome to ever awesome the awesome. Plus,it's funny.
MandyHabato

Postby Dream-Weaver on Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:43 am

Frank is stunned, he's never actually been given a chance before, and doesn't know what to do...

Frank: Y-You really mean that? N-no one's ever said that before, no one's ever said anything really, they usually just scream and start attacking on sight...

Frank isn't entirly sure what to make of this, perhaps this girl is crazy, and can't see the danger that so many others have seen...

Or maybe

Frank: T-thank you, thank you for helping me feel better, I really appreciate it

OOC: Sorry this took a little longer than usual to get out, but on top of the 2 puppies that my family is fostering (even though I do all the work) we took on a 3rd one while her regular foster family is on vacation...

So now I have 3 2-and-a-half month old puppies to watch over, and they take up pretty much the entire day...

P.S When you really think about it, RPG heros are kind of jerks, walkinng into people's houses without permission, going through their drawers for stuff, breaking all their pots and stealing the ruppees stored within

Also, with a few exceptions, I can't seem to recall any scenario where the slimes actually attack me first; sure, they appear as a random battle, but I always get the first hit, maybe if I didn't attack them and used kind words, maybe instead of attacking me back, they would instead become a guide and help me through the swamp/forrest/cave

You don't know they might...
Dream-Weaver

Postby Hakuzo NightFox on Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:50 am

@D-W: as for slimes attacking first, play Shining Soul(1 or 2) for the Game Boy Advanced, they have slimes and indeed to attack first. There's even a slime boss as well.

And another example is Dragon Warrior Monsters( joker 2 specifically) The higher level slimes will attack you first if your not an insanely high level.

Yes, I play a lot of RPGs >>....

Nothing to see here, continue on the RP.
Hakuzo NightFox

Postby Avolendi on Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:38 am

An odd person walks in. Not that there was anything strange or weird about him, but in a place like that, that's actually quite odd. This was clearly a surprise as even the bartender almost lifted an eyebrow. He didn't, but you just knew a man less stoic would've.

The odd person sat down and sighed. "Hit me, please." Giving a nod to the barkeeper.
The barkeeper then pulls out a magnum and hit the man right in the temple, knocking him together with the stool straight onto his back on the floor.

After lying there for a few seconds with smoke coming out of the front of his head, he jumps up and places the stool back. "Thanks, that was refreshing. I needed that." As the smoke dissipates so does the hole.

Looking around only now he takes notice of the other people at the bar and gives a polite nod before sitting down again and ordering a normal drink.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC: Nice link. Most RPGs do seem to require you robbing the common folk.
Regarding the slimes, If I recall correctly the few times they appear in Baldur's Gate they do attack if you try to walk passed em ^^
Last edited by Avolendi on Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avolendi

Postby Dream-Weaver on Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:56 am

OOC: Maybe I'm just not playing the right RPG's for slimes to attack me first...

But it still works, because you can argue that the slimes that DO attack first only do so because every person they've ever encountered always attacks their people without warning, so it's a justified pre-emtive strike on the heros
Dream-Weaver

Postby MandyHabato on Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:46 pm

OCC: I'm going to...not freak out, say sorry, and just let my rping do the talking. so... SORRY FOR BEING MIA! I feel horrible bout it...

Sweet barely noticed the man getting shot. Well, not really, she just didn't acknowledge it. He got up, was fine, so other than a shocked look at the sound of a shot, she kept up the conversation with Frank.

"Er..." She started awkwardly, scared this ball of slime would start...crying, or something. He looked pretty emotional right now...sorta. How was one supposed to tell with a living ball of acidic material? Oh well.
"Uh, yeah, no problem, dude. I don't like getting in fights when I can avoid it so...yeah." Sh finished awkwardly, wishing that her charisma would come back to her from between dimensions.
"Uhm...so...did I ask before? I don't think so, so anyway, what is this place even? And/or, how the hell did I get here? If you know."
MandyHabato

---------

PreviousNext

Return to IC - DreamWorld Adventures...