Interdimensional Nexus Bar & Grille

A sparkling fantasy world is here. Rev up your imagination, and get ready to be a part of the story!

Re: Interdimensional Nexus Bar & Grille

Postby MandyHabato on Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:37 pm

Chara glances at him, pondering his question. "Hmm..." She looks at her wrist, as if a watch was there, which there wasn't. "I've got the time to, I suppose." She grinned at her joke and looked around the bar. It was getting boring. Now...what could they do...

Just then a door banged open and a bunch of short-ish elves clad in armor burst in, sighted Chara, and called out something in an unknown language.

"Crap." She muttered. She told Sinclair, "B R B, er." The second word had some kind of power in it that caused Sinclair to want to stay there. And if he would try to move, that would increase to the need to stay there. Continue, and something would eventually pull him back. Only even stronger magic would break this.

With that, Chara dashed out of a door, with the elves following, calling out in that language with annoyance and...something else...worry? She ran on the balls of her feet with an annoyed and sorrowful expression, one that did not suit her.

The door closed, and for about two minutes, nothing happened. Then a portal opened up above the seat Chara had been in and said girl fell from it into her seat.

"Hey." She looked up and pointed at the portal. "Vera eigi!" With that, the portal disappeared just as the elves appeared behind it.

"Okay, I got them lost and it should take them a while to find this place again. I hid my trail this time. Haven't been for a while, because no-where I've been has been interesting enough that I wanted to stay for long. But I suppose this place can be fun."

She grinned, scanning the room and spying the arena that appeared soon before she came back.

"My heart and head race in tune, and I wish to see what fire you have in you; would you care to spar?" She gazed at him with something of a challenge and joy in her eyes. "No magic, promise."

___
OCC: Sorry, just ahd to do that. XD they'll come carry her away when we are done, and maybe she'll be kind enough to explain. also, yeah, she wants to fight....why not? XD i am kinda scared though...
MandyHabato

Postby Dream-Weaver on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:03 pm

As Chara ran out of the bar, Bartholomew felt a strange urge to stay put, and not move at all.

Sinclair: Hmm, she did say she was magic, might be some form of spell

Bartholomew didn't like the idea of being told what to do, even if it wasn't magic and the reluctance to move was purely himself, he still wanted to move around out of spite.

But he decided against it, he liked Chara, she was interesting, she was mysterious, she was fun, besides, he didn't feel like going anywhere anyway

Bartholomew sat down and waited for Chara to return, when she finally did, she spoke to him

Chara: My heart and head race in tune, and I wish to see what fire you have in you; would you care to spar?

She gazes at him, and he sees the joy in her eyes, joy surrounded by a burning fire

Chara: No magic, promise.

Bartholomew looks at her and smiles, his interest has been peaked

Sinclair: You never cease to amaze me *chuckle* I accept you challenge. However, even if you don't use magic, I would like to request that I be allowed the use of a weapon

He pulls a .44 calibre desert eagle, painted gold, and an OTF Scarab switchblade from his pockets

Sinclair: I'll let you decide which one I'll use

________________________________________________________________________________________

OOC: Oh God, you just had to make it a fight didn't you, I had just managed to regain control over him, and now he's so excited he broke free, again...

P.S Just so you know, it doesn't matter which weapon you choose, he’s equally skilled with both

P.P.S And please for the love of all things good and pure don't say "both"
I'd perfer keeping at least some control over him
Dream-Weaver

Postby MandyHabato on Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:09 pm

Bo-...aww, but WHYYYYYYY?? -epic sadface- XD ok. sorry. This will be fun.

Chara shakes her ehad, smiling. "Well of course you would get a weapon; we're truly sparring, aren't we? I get weapons too; do you really think I would want to fight hand-to-hand?"

She shook her head, studying his weapons."Oh, fœri. You can move again. Sorry for that, they would have killed you if you had followed." She flicked a finger at him as she stared at the unfamiliar gun. "And my sister was right about one thing; men can be very strange. Oh well. The knife, but are you sure you will be fine with just one?"

She held her hands out and snapped. Two thin blades appeared, shaped somewhat like katana but thinner and wider. They were each hand-and-a-half swords, so if one fell, the other would just be given more power.

One, the left one, had white markings on them like a leaf held up to light, with one line going all the way up and smaller ones branching off it. It's cross guard was strait and curled downward into swirls on either side. The grip was wrapped leather, and the pommel was a sparkling opal the size of an acorn. The whole of the blade was doused in cool colors. The hilt was all white, but for the gem, which sparkled rainbow. The base of the thin sword was violet, shifting colors to blue in the middle, and again to bright leaf green on the tip.

The right was almost it's opposite except for the blade's shape. The cross guard was straight, but swung downward into horn-like shapes. The grip the same, but the pommel was this time a diamond, with he tip facing out, as big as a full-grown man's two thumbs together. The hilt was jet black, with small points of white throughout. The base of the blade was blood red, bleeding to orange midway, and bleaching to sun yellow point. Black flame marks dashed up this blade, thin and simple.

On both blades, thin but clear runes were engraved near the middle of the blades, unreadable to any there, lest they had visited her home land. She handled them with a sense of clam power, and holding them her stance seemed to shift to the proper position when she stood. She moved with confidence, knowing with every fiber she knew every secret and molecule of her weapons, and knew what they were capable of. As well as that, she looked more... regal, respectful and respectable. Like it was her right to lead something, but what it was she would lead was only limited to what there was to lead.

"Now, I can only use one sword, or perhaps you have another knife? Or maybe-" She glanced back at him. "You feel confident against me with just the one? I don't want any mercy; I am not a girl to be pampered. Tell me when you are ready." She ran off on fleet footsteps, and halfway she seemed to gain back some of her humor, for she turned, ran backwards, and called out, "Be good and challenging, now. Or I won't let you have any more of my nachoes.
MandyHabato

Postby Dream-Weaver on Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:22 am

Bartholomew looks at the 2 swords that Chara summoned, then looks at his knife, and then looks at her swords again, silently wishing he had brought his rapier, or at least a second knife

Sinclair: *shrugs* Eh, I suppose one will have to do

He walks out to the arena and notices a set of small safes, the kind you pay for by the hour, in which people can store their stuff.

He walks over and places his gun into one of the safes, he can't just leave it lying around, and even if he never used it, carrying it on his person might slow him down, and he's gonna need to be at his best if he want a chance at taking on both of Chara's swords with just his knife.

He also unbuttons his dress shirt, takes it off, folds it, and places it gently in the safe, with his gun lying on top

He walks over to Chara

Sinclair: I hope you don't mind, but I don't want to ruin my shirt, I need it for work tomorrow morning

While Bartholomew isn't what would be considered ripped, he does have small, but noticable muscles, a fairly modest six-pack of abs, somewhat broad shoulders, with the most defined muscles being on his arms

Sinclair: I'm ready when you are, but I must warn you, I fight dirty

He clutches the knife in his left hand, presses the button that opens it, and takes a fighting stance somewhere between tiger and crane style of shaolin boxing

A wicked smile appears across his face

Sinclair: You go first

________________________________________________________________________________________

OOC: It's not really important, but if you haven't been able to figure it out yet, Bartholomew is a bussiness man, he works at a bussiness office, during bussiness hours. His dayjob is completely mundane and boring, everything else about him, however, is not...
Dream-Weaver

Postby MandyHabato on Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:07 pm

"Nice. Very well. Rules? None, except for no throat-slicing, skull-crushing, or back-breaking. Other than that and lost limbs, I can fix most anything."

Work? THIS guy has a normal trade? Quite surprising he isn't something like an assassin or...

She let the thought wander off and focused. She studied his stance, confused with his type of fighting. Oh well, their Earth was large, and there were many different different cultures.

Chara grinned and growled like her tiger and showed her teeth in a snarling smile. Suddenly she seemed much more scary and her teeth much more...sharp.

With a single leaping stride, she sprung forward, her face only a foot from his then. "Go." She whispered to him, making a slicing attempt at his lower left arm to see how he would react before retreating, breathing more heavily. Couldn't go that fast or far every time; expired too much energy. But at least she wasn't fighting anybody more physically skilled than a human, so she wouldn't need to go as fast as light. She guessed, at least.
MandyHabato

Postby Dream-Weaver on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:48 pm

Chara: Rules? None, except for no throat-slicing, skull-crushing, or back-breaking. Other than that and lost limbs, I can fix most anything

"Aww, but I like skull-crushing" Bartholomew thinks to himself, oh well, he can make this work even without resorting to his usual tactics

Chara growled and showed her teeth in a snarling smile, her teeth appearing much sharper than they were before.

With a single leaping stride, Chara sprung forward, suddenly appearing right in front of him

Chara: Go

Bartholomew barely had time to acknowledge Chara's movements before she made a quick slice towards his left arm

Sinclair: Whoa!

Bartholomew barely managed to dodge, but surprisingly his feet never moved from their spot on the ground, only his upper body contorting like a snake to avoid the attack

He immediatly tried to slash at her attacking arm, but she had already retreated out of range

Sinclair: You seem a bit tired, I going to guess that moving that fast is difficult for you? Heh heh heh, but even so, that's something I'm gonna have to watch out for

Bartholomew shifts his stance, now taking on something more akin to a mixture of leopard and snake styles.

He shifts his weight forward and runs towards Chara in a zig-zaging pattern, making following his movements more difficult

He suddenly shifts his momentum and moves behind her, throwing his knife at her back, while moving back around to the front to deliver a lightning-fast jab at her face.

An attack from both sides, one from behind, and one from the front, dodging to the side would leave her open for a counterattack, and while she could easily block both sides, doing so would require her to shift her current stance, and doing so would leave a small, but exploitable hole in her defense

She could always move in the-blink-of-an-eye again, but that would just leave her physically drained

A smile appeared on Bartholomew's face, and he began to wonder how she was going to get out of this one

OOC: One of the things about the way Bartholomew fights is that his movments aren't easy to read, and when you finally do figure out his style, he changes it...
Dream-Weaver

Postby MandyHabato on Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:24 am

Chara turned 90 degrees to her left, then bowed, doing so not as quickly as before, but still faster than a human. Doing so she effectively dodged the knife and the punch, as they went over her head. Effectively, the thrown knife should have been in his face then.

"That was more like it. Unfortunately, A friend-" She stepped back, straightening. "did something similar-" She jumped back a yard. "last time I fought him. But very good try."

She brought her right sword up in an overhead blow, letting the other dissappear into the air. The fight would be over too fast if she would use both. She needed more info before she made a real strike, anyway.

"I don't want to just take a weakness and pin you! I want a fight. Was that all you had?" She called, jumping around like a rabbit and heckling him with her laughing jibes.
"My mother can fight better than you!"

She didn't include her mother sparred at least once a week with swords, but oh well. It was a better insult this way.

OCC: If i misinterpret something, tell me. And she saw an opening to just pin him there, but it was too easy.
MandyHabato

Postby Dream-Weaver on Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:04 am

As Chara turns in place and bows Bartholomew catches his knife in his teeth and recorrects his position

Sinclair: Hmm, not bad,nott bad at all

Bartholomew takes the knife out of his mouth, this time clutching it in his right hand. He shifts his bodies position, standing in a relaxed state, he closes his eyes and inhales deeply through his nose, then exhales through his mouth, he relaxes his body even more.

In his mind's eye all is darkness around him, that darkness then fills with numbers, the numbers arrange themselves into equations, and the equations form into systems. He plugs in the variables and suddenly Chara's apparently erratic movement pattern was laid out before him, he now knew exactly where she'd be at any given time, plus or minus natural error of course

Chara: My mother can fight better than you!

Bartholomew opens his eyes, closes his knife back up, and throws it, hitting Chara's wrist and knocking her sword from her hand, the knife bounces off and lands on the other side of the arena

Bartholomew quickly runs towards Chara just after he throws the knife, grabbing the sword in his hand, he jumps back, getting more distance between them and smiles.

Sinclair: Now what?

He takes a defensive stance and waits for Chara's next move

____________________________________________________________________________________________

OOC: Remember when I said that Bartholomew is a business man? It's not just a thing I added for the fun of it, his job deals with risk management, which involves a lot of math, he can read numbers like open books, and nearly everything in nature can be reduced to simple mathematics, therefore he can read nature, and by extension probability, just as well

P.S The quote by Chara was only added in here to show when he did this.

P.P.S Yes Chara lost her grip on the sword, it doesn't matter who you are, if you strike the wrist the right way, and they don't properly prepare for it, the person will let go of whatever they are holding, no matter how tightly.

However the sword doesn't just go flying like it would if this happened in a movie, it's really more just dropped, which is why he had to run in to to grab it

P.P.P.S Of course she saw an opening, the fight just started, he was getting a read for her style of fighting
Dream-Weaver

Postby MandyHabato on Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:37 am

Chara wasn't paying any attention. She was stairing at her sword. But not with anger, or confusion. She was staring at Sinclair and her sword in horror.

"I knew I shouldn't have used them! Oooh, they were right...

Chara took a step foreward, reaching for the sword.

"Sinclair, i swear to God, or nature, or whatever you worship, I am not joking. Put. Svarta. Down. Do not swing it, do not just drop it; slowly set it down on the floor."

She became paler and paler as she spoke, for the sword was getting darker. It looked like it was slowly plunging into shadows, but it let out a black fog that glowed strangely. It was seeming to had a very bad reaction to being wielded by this man.

She took another step forward. "Hurry, before he is released! By the sun, I can't believe I actually was dumb enough to use The Twins in a fight with a human!"

The latter was half to herself, punishing herself for thinking it would never happen. Every other fight, they would kick the sword away, or she would get it back and sheathe it, but no.
Sinclair just HAD to pick it up.

____

OCC: Yeah...they're not reg swords. DO you really expect her to have regular swords? They're all doomed. Seriously, is Bartholomew doesn't follow directions, they'll all die.....Svarta is scary, and just barely under Chara's control in sword form. real form, she can't do notin

and yeah, Even this guy wouldn't be able to guess what'd he do, cuz he's not natural. well, at the very least he's unpredictable.
MandyHabato

Postby Dream-Weaver on Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:09 pm

Bartholomew looked at Chara as she panicked and told him to put the sword down. He looked directly into her eyes, and studied her other body language, as far as he could tell, she was being completely truthful.

He glanced down at the sword, noticing the changes it was going through.

Common sense dictated that he should slowly and gently place the sword on the ground, and walk away.

Common sense can suck it...

Sinclair: Oh, you seem scared Chara, was all of that before just an act? Do you become what I'm seeing now when things get serious? I feel like I've been lied to, hiding your true self from me like that

The smile that appeared on Bartholomew's face was akin to that of a deranged serial killer

Sinclair: Tell you what Chara, why don't we play a game?

He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a coin

Sinclair: I'm going to flip this coin, and you're going to call heads or tails, if you call it correctly, I'll put down the sword, but if you call it wrong...

Absolutly no emotion what-so-ever can be seen in his eyes

Sinclair: Then I'll release whatever it is in this sword that has you so scared

Bartholomew readies the coin

Sinclair: Oh! And don't even try to take it back by force, that would be cheating, and I won't hesitate to start swinging this thing around like a madman, something's bound to happen then

Bartholomew flips the coin into the air

Sinclair: Call it...

OOC: You just had to go there didn't you? You just had to give him power over the lives of everyone in the vicinity...

You can't give Bartholomew Sinclair power over things like that, he will not hesitate to abuse that power.

Bartholomew Sinclair is a wild card, you can't know for certain what he'll do next, he'll do the opposite of what you'd expect for nothing more than the look of surprise on your face that will follow. He's the kind of man that would chuck a bag of marijuana through the window of a rehab facility out of boredom; he once beat up a homeless man, stole his cup of change, and gave that cup of change to a different homeless man a few blocks down on a whim; he is willing to shoot at the hostages in order to get to the bad guy

Bartholomew Sinclair is a sociopath

P.S The way this will work is simple: Chara will call heads or tails, and I will flip a coin in real life, whatever the coin I flipped lands on, Bartholomew's coin will land on the opposite. There is a legitimate reason as to why Bartholomew's coin will be the opposite of mine, but I will not reveal that reason, at least not yet

P.P.S Oh, and Chara better call the toss before the coin hits the ground, if she doesn't it's an automatic disqualification
Last edited by Dream-Weaver on Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dream-Weaver

---------

PreviousNext

Return to IC - DreamWorld Adventures...