Independence Lost Series: Foundations ((Update&Recruitment))

Tired of being in character? Relax, ditch the mask, and take a break in the headless room.

Re: Independence Lost Series: Foundations ((Update&Recruitment))

Postby Reed R Gale on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:05 pm

Hi. I'm still interested and interesting.
Reed R Gale

Postby Diesel Fox on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:12 pm

well this is a surprise... didn't expect another game to open so soon.

this one hasn't started yet, and it still accepting applications, correct?
Diesel Fox

Postby Reed R Gale on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:13 pm

Yeah, get your things in quick. :D
Reed R Gale

Postby Diesel Fox on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:32 pm

MUST SCRAMBLE... but I'm at work... so can't yet...

I'll work on it when I'm off, until them brainstorming time!
Diesel Fox

Postby danica on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:53 am

Of course! I am looking for anyone who wants a part. The simple request for apps is to have at least two characters. One must be a part of the major factions (Pax or IDPF). If any questions remain, please ask. I will be trying to be a little more active. I now know my schedule for college and it shouldn't get in the way too much now.

Anyways, the main reason it hasn't started yet is due in part to some of the major RPs that are going on at the moment. Many of the applicants are also a part of those and as such it would be unfair of me to ask them to dedicate so much time to each. I am glad to see there were quite a few quick responses.
----

UPDATE AS OF 2/4/2013

----
As a reminder...

This RP is mean to be a rather long one and feature both the people of Pax and the people of the IDPF. As a result, if someone had only and IDPF character, it is likely they will have some long periods of time which they are not posting do to characterization and plot of the Pax members. The idea with having both characters a part of each faction means that you will always be involved in some capacity.

I am alright with you having a neutral character, though there maybe less chances for you to jump in on the RP. The idea of this RP is to have a rather extensive side-stories coming from it. It is quite possible that there may be a player/GM created thread that is meant for private characterization. For example, an IDPF member going through questions regarding loyalty and their actions may consult another character and even might be approached by Pax.

That is the reason that there will be multiple parts (as this is only the first "Season") plus possible side threads (which will be observed by myself or anyone who wants to assist GMing). The reason for this is due in part to this sites RP area's options. I would kill just to have a section in the RP area that would be for just Independence Lost, however that is most likely impossible. Due to this formatting issue, it would near-impossible to delve into this dynamic without a separate thread all together. The only closest way I could achieve this would be to build a forum for a forum (forum-seption?). I could do it, and it wouldn't take me a long time to make one, but it depends on if you the player would want me to.

That said, there will be what is known as the main storyline arc, which deals at the moment with foundations of the IDPF and the future plans as well as ideology of the Pax movement. Yet, I will also hope to see members delve into side arcs (which will be both player and GM created) and develop their characters relationships and motivations. If you see an avenue or path you want your character to take that you feel can't be touched on completely by the main thread, please let me know. I will likely ask you to create a thread to delve into your character's characterization.

This world is meant to be Character-Driven. The paths are yours to define and develop. The scenarios and major events are under GM action, but for the most part there will be a lot of open area for characters to develop. At this moment, I am considering having two threads open at the same time that deals with the Foundations Main-storyline. One for Pax and the other for IDPF. Of course this is tentative, but it is possible and for the most part depends on the style that would best showcase the story itself. I am on the fence do to my desire to see this story appear as an episode would (all main-storyline sections following each other).

Jeez... So I guess the major question I have for you guys is this:

How would you want us to proceed? I am flexible and I can work with really any style. I am just wanting to make sure this is presented and executed in a manner that is best for you. If that would be all posts in a single thread with only major characterization items being done in separate threads, that's fine with me. Perhaps you want me to see if I can get a section for the RP area. I could ask, dunno if the admin would go for it, yet it wouldn't hurt much. Last, I could design a free website forum and we could use that. As said, up to you guys and what ever you think might be the best option. I like to have the players decide on this because I already know how to approach it in each of these possibilities, I just want it to be the least painful for you guys.
danica

Postby Reed R Gale on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:06 am

I'll be honest, what I want is a guide. I want a world to immerse in and lose myself, not one that I forge. All I want to develop is my character in the setting provided, and if you can do that, I would be ever so grateful.
Reed R Gale

Postby Chemical Cutthroat on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:32 pm

I certainly don't see the harm of asking for a little subsection of the existing forum. If you get a chance I'd ask Twi or Fore what they think. Lord of the Forest might be easier to get ahold of at the moment as I believe Twi is in travel limbo.

Also, with the new forum on the way, you could certainly ask David on one of the Thursday night meetings and see what he thinks. The way I see it, the more people that are involved the more likely it'll get a thumbs up.

Regardless, I just wanna game and stretch my legs out. So whatever gets that happening is what I approve of, I can adapt to any situation required of me.
Chemical Cutthroat

Postby danica on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:45 pm

That is the hope. I'll send a message to Twi and see what he has to say. The RP sections, in my opinion, is challenging to navigate as well a keep up with. The main pain is when there are people who post over your post on some other topic. Not that it is a great problem, it just has caused some people to miss that it is their turn to post.

I have a sample site if you are wanting to look at it and see if that format is better. We shall see. Still asking for everyone who wants to join in this RP to post up their completed characters. Hopefully, we can start to get this moving along.
danica

Postby Diesel Fox on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:13 pm

I should have plenty of time to work on my characters tonight at work

so I'll hopefully have my characters up sometime tomorrow
Diesel Fox

Postby Clockwork Zombie on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:53 am

I'm kind of holding back at the moment for 1. Seeing what happens with the Survival Horror RP and 2. Life. Otherwise, I've started plucking around my character sheets I started though and I just need to finish them and post them.
Clockwork Zombie

---------

PreviousNext

Return to Headless room.