Independence Lost Series: Foundations ((Update&Recruitment))

Tired of being in character? Relax, ditch the mask, and take a break in the headless room.

Re: Independence Lost Series: Foundations ((Update&Recruitment))

Postby danica on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:36 pm

I will answer bio questions or comments in pm just so that this thread doesn't become too crowded in the initial setup. Remember this rules with attributes.

~Must have at least 5 negative points to attributes (this be can be by having five attributes with a negative 1 indicator, or two attributes that have a -3 and -2)
~There can be no more then a +10 Attribute rating (So, if you have to have -5 then you can have up to 15 positive points to spend). Remember
~You cannot have higher then a +/- 3 attribute.
~Please use [.code] and [/code] (w/o the period) when putting up your attributes for simply room sake.
~If you can, please use a smaller font for your bios as well as different colors when changing characters. This is simply for easier rostering for me. I will have a copy of those registered and I will send all involved a copy via pm attached document.
~If you have any concerns send me an pm or contact me via skype username rakashi.yamoki. I also can be contacted by steam rakashiyamoki. Please do not hesitate to ask, I do not bite.

With all these people applying for reservations, I am thinking my earlier prediction maybe pushed to mid January even perhaps early January. However, do not feel that this is the in stone date. I want to make sure that anyone who wants to join is ready for the long haul as well as not too stressed by multiple threads and such. People may jump in or drop out, simply tell me and post up a registration.

If you are interested in having a GM role along side me, then please send me a pm telling me so and we shall discuss what that requires and what role you will play.
danica

Postby Chemical Cutthroat on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:49 pm

Yeah, sorry. I find using the code to be painful. Windows within' windows drives me nuts. And I'd shrink the font but I have the worst vision ever and I pretty much have to cut and paste every time I read one of your posts. >.<

Ah crap. That's entirely my fault on the +/- thing. I was reading it as your first post of 5 being the min/max. Not 3.

I'll have to go adjust all of that. No worries.
Chemical Cutthroat

Postby danica on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:55 pm

Yeah, that is all my fault. I think referring to the rules that are on this page are probably the more clear of everything. +/- 4 or 5 ARE possible as long as you talk to me before putting it up. If you really want a 4 attribute, then just send me an pm saying simply why. Think of the ratings like this:

~Empathy~
-3: Sociopath/delights in suffering
-2: Simply doesn't care for those that are stepped on.
-1: Tendency to be cruel and even rude when talking.
0: Normal
1: Tendency to be caring
2: Able to understand other people's feelings.
3: Understanding and able to avoid hurting the feelings of a person. Picks up on small hints.

~Rating Armor~
-3: If I had paper, then I would have been a -2. I don't even have a shirt :P.
-2: I wear all my clothing, however that would be it.
-1: I wear publicly available armor. It isn't as good as my standard issue, but it is lighter.
0: Police body armor; standard
1: I wear more like SWAT armor
2: I wear Military grade armor
3: I am a living tank.

~Hand-to-hand Combat skills~
-3: More likely to hurt self and other allies if fighting
-2: More likely to hurt self in a fight
-1: More of a meat shield
0: Less of a meat shield and able to fight if life or death
1: Minor training (student)
2: Major training (expert)
3: Mastery of a style or highly skilled in h-t-h (master)

~Weapon Skills~
-3: Do not hand them a weapon, they will kill you.
-2: They'll shot their eye out.
-1: They can shoot, but will likely not hit anyone.
0: Some training on shooting and aiming.
1: Basic guns/weapons training.
2: They can modify their springer/weapons
3: Capable with really any springer/pistol/sword/bow/crossbow/ect (knives do not count, that is for hand to hand)

~First Aid~
-3: Can't tell the difference between analgesic and algesic.
-2: only good at getting in the way.
-1: The lack of basic medical skills.
0: They know how to keep someone comfortable... before they die.
1: Can heal minor injuries
2: Can heal major injuries
3: Would serve better use in a clinic

----

Now, I won't do them all, but if you want an example of something specific that isn't up here, then please tell me.
danica

Postby danica on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:11 pm

Brief Summary of Inter-District Police Force

In the last decade the level of crime has become more prevalent and violent. To insure the safety of Dreamkeeper society, Sabbaton has ordered a conference to attempt to find a solution. For ten days, the arguments amongst the districts went full circle with no foreseeable agreement. Then upon the eleventh day, the Viscount rose, speaking for the first time to the District leaders. He ordered for the finding of individuals of high degrees of skill and promise in order to create a police force that could crush the rise in crime by any means necessary, one that would have unlimited access across the districts and utilize the skills and powers that is unique to each city and combat the threat of violence.

Agents of each district recruit those who may be of help in the days ahead. Each of those chosen are sent to Sabbaton and face an inquiry made by each district leader of the council to determine the qualities that they have that make them a benefit as well as stand a chance against the enemies of the city.

Brief Summary of Pax'libertas

A few decades before the rise in crime, a book was published under a false name and spread among the undergrounds of the city. No one knew where or who wrote the book, but within the pages set the foundations for unrest. It is rumored that those who read it, and learned from it began to organize together. What followed was the birth of Pax'libertas, the people who chose to go against the Viscount and those who would follow him.

To say they are fanatics is one thing. Never before has the organization reacted violently against the Viscount until a decade before the IDPF's foundations. Slowly, Pax'libertas has gained access to higher parts of the government resulting in the growing strength of Pax as well as a growth in crime. With the city becoming more and more chaotic, the Pax's voice has become aimed to bringing the downfall of Sabbaton and restoring the power to the districts.
danica

Postby Reed R Gale on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:27 am

Truth is edited into my post. I look forward to playing her in the future. :)
Reed R Gale

Postby Midnight on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:56 pm

Travis is now complete! My first attempt at an RP character is finished. The fate of this character now rests in the GM's hands.....spirits he's boned. Advice and/or suggestions are always appreciated. Next on the chopping block is Victor and Trevalan. Trevalan is an NPC btw while Victor will be Player Controlled.

Now to go ice my wrists.
Midnight

Postby danica on Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:49 pm

As of December 10th, these following profiles have been review, discussed and confirmed for the RPG event Independence Lost:

Avi “Teeth” Ronson
Michael “Streak” Hollinger
Danica Agrotera
Lycurgus the Honorable
Priest Xenophon "Patience" Delos
Travis "Midnight"
Timore Nox
"Truth" (Hale Tarn)

Any members who are not on the list have yet to complete their application. That is alright. Applications are open until after the holiday season (and a little after). I hope that everyone is enjoying this holiday season and I hope for the best for the upcoming new year (we have two this winter. Yaya Mayan New Cycle.)

Any concerns, please let me know.
danica

Postby Reed R Gale on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:14 pm

So what's the status?
Reed R Gale

Postby danica on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:23 am

Thanks you for posting something up. Even though it wouldn't be too much of a problem, I don't really like making double posts.

Well, I have worked on some sections that would follow the larger arching series. However, there is one thing that was brought to my attention as I went over the details and discussed with my friends. I have completely forgotten to tell what some of the major pre-Foundation events have happened.

::General Events::
    Praxis was first introduced in Theophanies and spread via the waterways.
    Government officials restrict the sell of Praxis.
    Viscount approves of the Inter-district Police Force Act creating the first policing force that could by-pass district boundaries.
    Viscount also approves of the Power's Restriction Act. Powers, in unlawful actions, is prohibited.
    Protest begin to erupt over the area.
    Organized groups begin to claim further actions of hostility towards the Viscount. Some call for his immediate removal.
    District Police Chiefs go through possible candidates for the IDPF.

::Known District Events::
    Norvondire- A politician in the Norvondire government has been abducted from his manor.
    Calypsa- There was a shipment of purified-lunarous that went missing. According to one of the theives, another shipment was sent to Margate.
    Ruskol- A mine was attacked.
    Margate- A violent riot occurred that resulted in a number to district police to be killed and fires were set on the docks.
    Kojiki- Another riot occurred in the commerce section of the Kojiki trade ports. Multiple officers were killed in the riots.

It should also be noted that this RP will not commence until after the completion of The Queen of the Sapphire Waters RP. I am aware that there are a few players that are involved with this RP and this one will demand a lot of time. I know that Oseirus is going to be very busy in the upcoming months. RL dictates, however, I would like to keep your characters in as NPC which you could then take when you return (provided you are still interested.)

Also, I would like to know the status of other member's applications besides the previous listed complete applications. If you can tell me what is going on, I would much appreciate it.

Thanks,
Danica
danica

Postby danica on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:04 pm

General Roll-call: Who is still interested in doing this RP. Please post up your completed character apps.
danica

---------

PreviousNext

Return to Headless room.