Igrath.

Have a favorite character in the series? Any that remind you of a real person you know? Talk about the ones you like, the ones you hate, and see what others think.

Re: Igrath.

Postby Clast on Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:11 pm

Right, so how would I go about asking him? The entire point of this question was personal curiosity, so Im not sure if he'd even want to answer, as one of the books might explain...
Clast

Postby Kailash on Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:35 pm

Well, there's a Irc chatroom, and Dave normally comes on during thursdays. Well, for me it's Friday
3 Am he's posted he will join (In Gmt +1) so just join in at that time, and hope Dave pops up. he wasn't around last night though, too bad :/ But yeah, you can register a question in another channel (there's a link in the automated post when you join, the other channel will explain what to do), and if Dave shows up, if it's a worthwhile question, dave'll answer it
Kailash

Postby Mr Aerospace on Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:20 am

Ok, I have to agree with the idea that Igrath’s blindness has more to it than what meets the eye. Without at least a little bit of scaring around the face, I can’t see him having gone blind from a battle wound.

As Sorrel pointed out, being a blind Fallguard player doesn’t seem likely, and we can add that it’ll make being a Shock Trooper and Captain of the Guard impossible. Sometime after becoming captain, we know that he was falsely accused of a crime and became a fugitive, but we have no knowledge as to how or when he lost his vision. The nature of the crime he is accused of and how he became blind can only be speculated upon. Personally I am inclined to believe that his blindness and his outlaw status are linked to the same event, and the action of the shock troopers in V2 seem to point towards a fairly serious crime. (EDIT: I forgot about it, but someone in the crowd on harvest day mentions he's a murderer.)

As for Igrath meeting the Mokoi before the events of V2, the only evidence we have that this might have taken place, is from Scinter immediately identifying it by name. That in itself doesn’t make much sense. Considering it lacks a mouth, I don’t think it’d be inclined to use a Bond style catch phrase: “It's Mokoi, the real Mokoi”, so where does the knowledge of it come from?
Mr Aerospace

Postby PrincessJasmine on Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:11 pm

You know, I bet Igrath wishes that he could escape his notoriety at times. And just wear a simple disguise, blending in smoothly with the surrounding people in the market. Then he could FINALLY act naturally, without worrying about the crushing weight of his title. I bet a lot of famous people with that, just sometimes, they could be seen as a normal, anonymous part of the crowd.
PrincessJasmine

Postby Aladdin on Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:20 pm

Nahhh, why would he want to do that? Just think of what he had before this whole mess. He practically lived like a prince, got the best seats, got respect, and I bet no one chased him halfway across Anduruna simply because he wanted a cabbage for breakfast. You have to admit princess, the luxury he possessed must have been ten times easier to handle than the daily life of your every day street rat. Sure, he has a hefty title, but at least people call him by his name. Think about it; good food, live in a palace, and never have any problems at all.
Aladdin

Postby Mr Aerospace on Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:25 am

Aladdin, It would be foolish to think that being called by a perfunctory title is any closer to a name than any derogatory term or slur.
Mr Aerospace

Postby Captain Razoul on Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:53 am

OK MEN, LISTEN UP!
We have orders from the Vizier to arrest a particular street-rat that was seen conversing with a certain person of interest recently. Sergeant, you will have command of this operation. Your mark is that thief with a pet monkey that's been causing a whole lot a trouble around markets and public forums in this area. I want you to split up the guards, find him and once you've captured him, you bring him straight to the dungeons.
I will see you back at the palace, as I have other matters to attend to first. Yes, these are confidential orders, so don't go asking questions.

Well?
What are you waiting for?
GO!
And don't you dare come back without that street rat!
Captain Razoul

---------

Previous

Return to DK Characters