Igrath.

Have a favorite character in the series? Any that remind you of a real person you know? Talk about the ones you like, the ones you hate, and see what others think.

Igrath.

Postby Clast on Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:32 pm

This probably me just being tired (from so much schoolwork), and the fact that I don't know much about every character in the series, but does Igrath have eyes? I know he is blind, but the art style of Dream-keepers puts an emphasis on the eyes of the characters. Generally they have small noses and mouths, yet large eyes, just look and Mace and Whip! Igrath, however, has slits. Could this suggest his eyes were gouged out at some point in time? I'm just curious.
Clast

Re: Igrath.

Postby Hakuzo NightFox on Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:39 am

well this is a bit like an anime thing. Younger Characters have large and 'bright' eyes. where as the adults have narrow eyes and such. It's kind of an adapted art style it seems >>.
Hakuzo NightFox

Postby Clast on Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:34 pm

I suppose that makes sense. I really don't read any manga/anime besides Dream keepers, so I know very little about the art style. I was only thinking this because of his back story.
Clast

Postby Twilight on Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:26 pm

He might just keep them closed. pre-blind Igrath has normal Dreamkeepers eyes (which are not always huge and shiny).

For the record, neither anime nor manga invented the trope of younger character having big, shiny eyes. That was strictly an American animation invention (most things Anime is known for actually came from over here ^^; )
Twilight

Postby Calico Yorki on Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:31 pm

...Yeah...I'm guessing...Igrath keeps his eyes shut...To not scare others...At the damage...
Last edited by Calico Yorki on Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Calico Yorki

Location: With the Purple, the People, the Plastic-Eating People

Postby Sorrel on Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:13 pm

On Topic:
It is certainly possible that they were gouged out, though I would think he'd be wearing eyepatches if that's the case. That kind of trauma typically damages a fair bit of the face around the eyes as well. It IS likely that it was some kind of accident/disease/unforeseen issue that caused his blindness, since I don't think a born-blind man would be capable of rising to Fallguard stardom.

He probably just keeps them shut out of habit, or to keep from making people uncomfortable around him. A fair observation though!

(Off Topic: Slooooow down, Calico. Breathe.

For future reference, instead of trying to derail a thread for problems like this, please make a post in Spamduruna. It was once called the Rumble Pit and is still used for that purpose.

Inter-member arguments don't belong in discussion threads.)
Sorrel

Postby Smitty on Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:46 am

Has anyone thought he keeps them shut,

In all seriousness though, we don't know his power yet, well I don't anyways. It could have something to do with his eyes, and having something similar to cyclops from X-man wouldn't really be that cliche'.

Just my two cents.
Smitty

Postby Clast on Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:03 pm

Twilight wrote:He might just keep them closed. pre-blind Igrath has normal Dreamkeepers eyes (which are not always huge and shiny).

It makes sense, really. He wouldn't want everyone staring at empty sockets all the time, would he! Other than the fact that he is massive, probably nearly four meters tall, it would be another feature everyone would stare at.

Twilight wrote:For the record, neither anime nor manga invented the trope of younger character having big, shiny eyes. That was strictly an American animation invention (most things Anime is known for actually came from over here ^^; )

Huh...well, I don't know as much as I think I do. Thanks for letting me know!

Calico Yorki wrote:i deserve to die i deserve to die i deserve to die
i deserve to die i deserve to die i deserve to die
i deserve to die i deserve to die i deserve to die

Is he alright?
Clast

Postby Terminal on Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:28 pm

Smitty wrote:In all seriousness though, we don't know his power yet, well I don't anyways. It could have something to do with his eyes, and having something similar to cyclops from X-man wouldn't really be that cliche'.

We do know his power, Mood Altering Tonations
can't explain it very well, maybe somebody else can?

And for why he's blind, sounds like a good question to ask dave, if i recall he was blinded after being commited of a crime he didn't do. then he escaped the authorities and then somehow lost his sight
Terminal

Postby Kailash on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:03 am

I might be mixing stuff up again, but I beleive that after he was commited of whatever crime and ran, wasn't he sometime attacked by that mogoi thingy? Ugh, oversized bug assasins, not my favourite. But I can't really remember for sure :/
Kailash

---------

Next

Return to DK Characters