I just noticed... [possible spoilers]

Have a take on the latest Prelude strip? Share it in here! Just notice an enticing story hint in one of the graphic novels? Speculate away! Share feedback, large and small about your DreamKeepers experience. But beware, this forum may contain story spoilers.

I just noticed... [possible spoilers]

Postby Suraru on Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:37 am

I'm sure many of you noticed something reading the comics additional times, i seem to find something new every time i re-read it.

once i found mr. Ziska, freaked out, then figured out he was already in the forums
another time i found the words troika and bobby used where i subconsciously ignored them
this time i noticed a dagger in Scinter's leg, he was pulling it out of his leg.

i looked back and eventually saw where he was stabbed, and i wondered why david would add in the dagger on two scenes, far apart. it could be great writing expressing realism, or it could be part of the plot.

my imagination took me to believe it was poisoned or had a tracker on it, if they had the technology for that. my best guess is its nothing, and the dagger would be just used to weaken foes, or it would be used to severely weaken foes by poisoning them, or killing them.

any thoughts on this?

also post what you figure out, i didnt see a thread similar to his anywhere else (in this topic)
Last edited by Suraru on Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Suraru

Re: I just noticed...

Postby Zagura on Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:54 am

Well in the end of Volume 2, it does mention that Shock Troopers have a variety of smaller weapons that are used for CQB. To me it looks like an average throwing knife, but heck maybe it does have a tracer or something. I think it was added for the realism, afterall they were in a pretty serious situation and having them escaped totally unscathed against the well trained shock troopers would be too easy.

Scinter however doesnt seem like the type to not recognize technology considering hes quite the engineer himself. Grunn on the other hand... I wonder where his teleporter went. lol
Zagura

Re: I just noticed...

Postby Hazzardous on Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:18 pm

Suraru, be sure to put in 'volume spoilers" in your thread next time, as for people like me who have yet to sample to novels, this had the potenial to be a serious spoiler for me...
Hazzardous

Re: I just noticed... [possible spoilers]

Postby Suraru on Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:43 pm

oh wow, thanks for reminding me that

i did try not to say anything important, but this still is spoiler prone
Suraru

Postby Twilight on Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:50 pm

Even though those are possibilities, I'm pretty sure that was done purely for comedic purposes. I mean, the entire set up was one of the Indigos going "uhm. . Scinter?" and pointing at it, and he's all "oh, hee I forgot I got stabbed 8D" about it.

Personally I found it hilarious when I saw that on my first read through (along with Bobby/Troika and Ziska. . . I mean aside from the background character these details hare hard to miss unless you're just not even reading the dialog). And it really doesn't seem like much more than a typical Dreamkeepers incidental humor gag.
Twilight

Postby Suraru on Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:25 pm

Twilight wrote:Even though those are possibilities, I'm pretty sure that was done purely for comedic purposes. I mean, the entire set up was one of the Indigos going "uhm. . Scinter?" and pointing at it, and he's all "oh, hee I forgot I got stabbed 8D" about it.

so basically scinter is a badass :D

i think i must of missed it before because the panels were small and/or blend in, and i think i was suffering one of insomia episodes by the time i got to that part, so i didnt remember most of the dialog.... lol?
Suraru

Postby Silver Predator Wolf on Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:20 pm

That. Or he is so used to the pain that he can just ignore it. Or, it (when he got stab) happen so fast that the body has no time to send a pain signal to the brain.

Just my thoughts ^^"
Silver Predator Wolf

Location: In the Dreamworld hanging out with Lilith and Namah

Postby Suraru on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:18 pm

so Scinter is a badass then
Suraru

Postby Silver Predator Wolf on Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:52 pm

Well, he is! ^_^
Silver Predator Wolf

Location: In the Dreamworld hanging out with Lilith and Namah