human and animal characteristics

For miscellaneous speculation about the Dreamworld and dreamkeepers, you've come to the right place!

Re: human and animal characteristics

Postby Hazzardous on Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:02 pm

Chemical Cutthroat wrote:Totally fair, because we're alive and they aren't.

Who the animals? They look like alive to me...are you talking about if they can reason?
Hazzardous

Postby Chemical Cutthroat on Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:31 am

I meant us as opposed to the DK's.

The main point of the statement was that neither creatures nor people nor DK's are built the same. Some have natural advantages over the others... even in their same species. Humans are an excellent example of that. I can outrun at LEAST 60% of the United States Population... because I'm built different than the rest of them. Is that fair? Heeeell no. But I'm definitely NOT going to be the first course of the meal during the zombie apocalypse.

DK's just take it to the next level. They have lots of cool perks... hell, they even have super-powers... who cares if they also have a set of extendable claws or wings? That guy over there can burn down half a district... with his mind.
Chemical Cutthroat

Postby Kailash on Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:16 pm

Though I do remember Grunn nearly drowning in Vol 1, or one of the earlier preludes. As far as I'm concerned, an Anthromorph shark should be able to breathe underwater :P But I suppose that drowning is more something Grunn deserves!

*Sidenote, first post like a boss. Just found out about DK this morning, read every vol/prelude. flipping love it!
Kailash

Postby Chemical Cutthroat on Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:01 pm

Well welcome and enjoy. The group is one of the friendlier ones on the interwebs, so feel free to stick you nose in things and ask all sorts of questions.
Chemical Cutthroat

Postby Klona on Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:24 am

Thanks Cutthroat, I always knew I was half Superman! But, back to the OT, the more animal-esque aspects of a DK could relate to the personality of their bonede member. For example, a cruel and violent person could have a DK with a strong hyena aspect.
Klona

Postby Chemical Cutthroat on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:14 am

But but... my Hyena is actually...

Oh wait... yeah he's a bit of a jerk sometimes. Point taken.

But on that note, perhaps a Hyena sort of DK would have a much more dangerous bite than another... since Hyenas have the highest PSI bite of any land-based creature.

Which means a shark DK would be extra scary.

I think it makes sense to take on some of the quirks that relating to a species would give you. Sure you could just play normal, but it's always more fun to have a chameleon who can change color or a kangaroo who can jump like fifty feet.
Chemical Cutthroat

Postby Kailash on Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:50 am

Well, as far as I'm concerned, it's fantasy anyways, so heck, why wouldn't we want to give a shark Dk shark traits? Seems only more fun for Rp to me :P
Kailash

Postby Monstermonkey on Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:48 am

Observe closely.

Namah has digitigrade legs, frog-like fingers, and a prehensile tail. All these elements combined help her to jump and climb. However, as we've seen, being a child, she is naturally clumsy.

Just putting that out there.
Monstermonkey

---------

Previous

Return to General