History of Anduruna

Have a take on the latest Prelude strip? Share it in here! Just notice an enticing story hint in one of the graphic novels? Speculate away! Share feedback, large and small about your DreamKeepers experience. But beware, this forum may contain story spoilers.

History of Anduruna

Postby ilvos01 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:32 pm

I read everything on the History section of Dreamworld.
Woo-ooooo. I don't remember most of it.
Let's discuss.
ilvos01

Re: History of Anduruna

Postby BlackMantha on Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:13 am

Let me give a summary.

Ancient Times
Well, this is a nice (populated) world. Sure hope no calamity happens.
Silent Centuries
Extollo
Serapeans: Worship our goddess.
Anduruna: Go away, you're annoying.
Serapeans: ... MURDER! *punch*
Anduruna: Ow! *punch*
Serapeans: Ow. Now stay on your side of the line.
Anduruna: Yeah, sure, whatever.
Last War of Powers
Anduruna adopts/discovers improved agriculture, metalworking, architecture, legal systems, statecraft, political backstabbing and civil war.
Age of Kings
step 1 - Assassinate the king to become king.
step 2 - Raise taxes.
step 3 - Get assassinated.
Repeat ad nauseum. Ended pretty much as you'd expect.
Council and Culture
Anduruna becomes a democracy, ensuring the people get ruled no better than they deserve. The district borders fade from politics, making it truly a single city. Technology and wealth rise.
Toll Wars
Government steadily grows more propaganda-feuled, controlling, wasteful and bloated. The titular war happens, but what about or how it ended, we don't know.
BlackMantha

Postby Oseirus on Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:46 am

Call me crazy, but I think there's already a thread like this somewhere..
But I digress.

One thing I noticed is that Anduruna's history loosely follows our own. The exact dates and events differ slightly, but the overall scheme is there. The ancient times, the dark ages, the rise of kings and the transition over to a relatively democratic society, including going from warring, individual city states to a single country ruled by a "congress" and "president". Or "parliament" and "king", however you want to look at it. I'm using all the terms very loosely.

Kindof a nice touch if you ask me. It shows David put some thought into it rather than just bull****ting the history. Also gives more clues to the link between the Dreamworld and our own.
Oseirus

Postby deltron zero on Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:19 pm

Oh god I love the History section. It's one of the main reasons I fell in love with Dreamkeepers. In fact I love any game/story/ect that is willing to build an entire universe and history about itself to add legitimacy to whatever it's going on about, It's the same reason I love The Elder Scrolls so much. Because whatever is going on in the current story is just another page in the long history book of the universe itself. Also, being a huge history nerd I feel just the same reading the history of Anduruna as I do reading the history of the European Dark ages. There's no way I can read it and study it, put myself in their perspectives and not drool.
deltron zero

---------

Return to Comic story chat room