Heroes of Fallguard

Tired of being in character? Relax, ditch the mask, and take a break in the headless room.

Heroes of Fallguard

Postby Mr Aerospace on Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:20 pm

It may come as a surprise to some - {it certainly has to me} - that I've been lurking around the RP section for a while now. I was first seduced into critiquing a number of quite fascinating (but, honestly still quite rough around the edges) character sheets by Calico Yorki.

So, as I was accessing and decompressing all the literary analysis programs stored in the archives at the back of my head, I discovered a number of viral synthesizer programs too.
While I was constructing constructive criticism for Calico, ideas were sparking up all over the place, furiously burning little grey and blue marks on the paper all around me in a very chaotic order that threatened to get out of hand.

I managed to finalize the requested critiques - albeit with one or two still to go - but only after I had completely re-written the characters for my own selfish purposes (and no, these clones shall not be released here unless via direct permission of their owner either, so don’t ask.)

By this stage, I was chomping at the bit to create my own characters. Before I did though, I decided the wise thing to do was to browse the Character Cafe and RP stories first, mainly to understand how it all worked and to ensure I didn’t break any taboos or conventions. I confirmed with the research that I didn’t really have the taste for RP’s, but I was oddly intrigued by the characters. I admit now that there were a lot of dreary articles to be read through, but amongst these drab pages of raw data were a handful of brilliant and fresh ideas for characters;
Incredible back-stories, fabulous designs and descriptions, personalities and powers that were jumping off the pages…

But as I browsed through one character sheet after another, the detail all seemed to blur together and congregate into disassociated blocks entitled "Description" "Bio" "Powers" etc. I became disillusioned with the way character introductions were being disseminated, and I was determined not to follow the trend...
Last edited by Mr Aerospace on Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mr Aerospace

Re: Heroes of Fallguard

Postby Mr Aerospace on Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:30 pm

Hence, my first I.C. alter ego was formed: “Heroes of Fallguard” is a Data Scroll televised sports show I created for the sole purpose to introduce a character I’d made. There will shortly be a one-piece article posted up in the I.C. section.

As I was writing the piece, I very quickly realized that to create a convincing tale, I needed to make plenty of references to a sport that has none whatsoever, so I had to take several liberties with it. Not only did I find myself actually coming up with an entire league, scoring system, strategies and tactics, season lengths and rule sets for the entire Fallguard game, but also incorporating several historic figures à la Forest Gump style in an attempt to stamp a historic seal on it too.

So, in that regard, I can’t claim it to be a canonical piece, nor can I do so for the characters involved either, but I hope that by remaining distant enough to the actual plot events set out in the main storyline, it still has some credence in the dream-world. Also, It is not an RP story, so don’t expect it to be opened up for contributions either.

I hope you will all enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it,
Mr. Aerospace

P.S. - For those that haven't realised yet...I, Mr Aerospace am the author's alter ego, and at times I have an artificially over-inflated ego and use bigger words than he would most days....not everything I post is necessary straight laced...even in the headless room. I exaggerate. Lots. Ta!
Last edited by Mr Aerospace on Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Aerospace

Postby Avolendi on Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:00 am

Intriguing :)

Looking forward to seeing more of this and I already like the different approach your taking.
Avolendi

Postby Mr Aerospace on Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:39 am

Annotations! Yay

- The story began with that TV ad because I wasn't at all happy with the intro I had at the time. Rather than starting with something second rate, I quickly whipped up a station commercial that would still set the tone I wanted, and would buy me some time (Albeit...I now kinda wish I had made the S-STV1 moniker for that post)

-S-STV1: Scroll - SportsTV1

- The serialization only came about today as I was about to post everything up. I realised a few things:
1) It was too long to read in one go. No commercial show would do h
2) I desperately needed to edit the hell out of the story, so I needed to buy even more time.
3) There was no appropriate way to transition from the intro into the body
4) It's not a news report, there isn't any transitions I can use and the host is an omnipresent voice.
So it required a flat cut...on a commercial network show...

Ad Break!
Last edited by Mr Aerospace on Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Aerospace

Postby Mr Aerospace on Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:23 am

Wow, This ad break idea is the perfect opportunity to open the story up for contributions.

This is a tender for a number of advertisements to be aired on S-STV1 during the prime-time screening of Heroes of Fallguard:
- The ads must be catchy, short, and about an Andurunan product.
- They need to be creative - The more visual the better: (small jpg's or gif's could work)
- The more likely it is to be aired on a Sports Channel the better.

- The ad must fit into the DK forum's format.
- They must be posted here in the headless room so that they can be correctly edited into the station programming.
- They don't have to be serious.

In fact I now think a good joke or two will really help throw a little relief into the story's reading.
What do you guys think?
Last edited by Mr Aerospace on Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Mr Aerospace

Postby Avolendi on Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:13 pm

Interesting, will check back later (gotta go now).
Avolendi

---------

Return to Headless room.