Hello! New!

New to the forum? Stop on in and say hi! Wondering what this DreamKeepers stuff is all about? Ask, and get an explanation from one of our jaded veterans!

Hello! New!

Postby khimera on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:15 am

Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum so if there are any guidelines aside from the basic forum rules I need to know could someone tell me?

Uhm...to tell a little bit about myself I love RPing and while i'm not the best at it I do love having fun. Uh...crud what else to stay?
khimera

Re: Hello! New!

Postby Reed R Gale on Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:09 pm

Pffffffffffft, if you stick around, I'm sure you'll find more to say!

Welcome to the forums. We're really laid back here and as long as you don't act like a total Grunn/troll, you're cool. Feel free to hang around, design your own dreamkeeper, chat about the comic in the forum above, talk about whatever in General, or start a new RP in the headless room (Or all of the above).

Just make sure to read the forum's respective rules. xD

In any case, welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay!

Cheers!

Reed R Gale
Reed R Gale

Postby khimera on Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:37 pm

Thanks! ^_^ I always try to stay in the rules when I can so hopefully things go well
khimera

Postby Hakuzo NightFox on Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:09 pm

Welcome to the land of Dreams, be sure to watch out for nightmares.
Hakuzo NightFox

Postby Lord of the Forest on Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:40 pm

Welcome to the forums! =D

I am one of the moderators so any issues with the forums, not limited to technical difficulties, can be forwarded to me or Twilight. Besides the moderator bit, I'm just another avid fan of the Lillie's comic with, like every person on the forums, interesting quirks.

Be sure to check out this thread as well as this one as you make your rounds on the forums so you can get your bearings. Glad to have you apart of the community! :geek:
Lord of the Forest

Postby Thegunner18 on Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:23 pm

Hey there, mate! Greetings from Britain! Great to see another potential RPer here. Hopefully you'll enjoy your (hopefully long ^^) stay; I'm open to any questions you have about things both DK-related and not at all DK-related, and I'm sure pretty much everyone else here is, too. :) We're all pleasant folk.

Also, I saw that you posted your DK character sheet up. I had a brief scan over it and it all looked good to me ^^ I'll have a more detailed look later. :) Hoping to see you in those RPs sometime soon. :P I've got a bloody ton of free time right now (summer holidays) so writing is going to be my hobby for the next couple of months.
Thegunner18

Postby khimera on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:46 pm

It's nice to get such a warm welcome, I'm only sorry to say i'm a college student and have classes. And with the current demands of the classes this quarter I may not have tons of free time before Five PM my time. As you might surmise this is a bit frustrating for me since I love RPing and I've been doing it since around my freshman year highschool (so at least six years now) so i'm experienced but I prefer to start slow.

If you know of an RP you think I should join or you think Raraiza's good for go ahead and tell me. ^w^
khimera

Postby Avolendi on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:46 am

Hi and welcome :)

I believe there are 2 running RP's at the moment, but few people have the experience and time to properly run one. Tried getting one up a bit ago, but that ran into delays for various reasons and held off starting. When I feel it's complete enough to actually be able to hold people interested and have a decent pacing I'll post an interest thread. It will be my first time playing as GM, so I'm taking my time to get it right. On top of that I'll be away for the next two week.

If you are able and willing, you could always make your own RP. I think there are often people interested in joining if it's set up well. Starting september I also imagine more people will visit the forum again.
Avolendi

Postby khimera on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:22 pm

Hmm...well I'm more used to the format where you could perform a 'casual RP' where there wouldn't be a particular direction, just a general one where you'd want things to go. I'm not used to where things are structured in the format where someone is the GM and directs the story, allowing people in and out and such so for all intents and purposes i'm practically a newbie. -chuckles- Still, i'm willing to learn.
khimera

Postby Thegunner18 on Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:34 pm

There aren't any restrictions to the types of RPs you can create here (none that I know of, anyway) so anything that comes into mind should be absolutely fine, be it public or private, casual or more directed by the GMs. :)
Thegunner18

---------

Return to Salutations and questions