Grunn

Have a favorite character in the series? Any that remind you of a real person you know? Talk about the ones you like, the ones you hate, and see what others think.

Re: Grunn

Postby Zephyr on Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:32 pm

What would happen if Mace and Whip had *Haunted* his ****? He would probably abandon his treasure hunt in his pants, that is what would happen.
Zephyr

Postby tech128 on Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:36 am

he would perfer to be shark-a-pulted.
tech128

Postby Zephyr on Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:16 pm

Or would he rather prefer to drop through the dock via floor trap? Personally, you could make some nice bait by burning his **** near the trap, he'd run over it for sure... The aftermath however would not be so sweet...
Zephyr

Postby Lord of the Forest on Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:06 pm

:roll:
Lord of the Forest

Postby Zephyr on Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:18 pm

Impressive. I'm speechless.
Zephyr

Postby tech128 on Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:30 pm

me too.
tech128

Postby Lord of the Forest on Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:51 pm

I'm pretty sure I've effectively killed the Grunn thread thread. :D
Lord of the Forest

Postby Nerves on Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:19 pm

As much as I LOVE Grunn being such a charming object of criticism, even for the characters in the comic itself, I'm sure he has SOMETHING deeper to him, or Scinter and Igrath wouldn't waste their time dragging him around.
We know he DOES hunt treasure (the gold kind) because Mace mentioned it when he showed Paige those coins, and that he keeps all the old bander shells for no apparent reason. He has a small fleet of kids catching, preparing, and selling banders, which are 'obscenely exensive' according to Namah, and I don't think he spends much of his profits back on the orphanage or feeding his kids.
My guess would be the orphanage is there to fund Scinter's underground or that there's something special to the boat he made into the building. Or even Grunn himself; let's not forget he was the only one they teleported away, as the orphanage's 'cover would be blown.'
Course, he could also just be a huge incompetent slob in combat situations.

"Come now Igrath, surely you agree that Anduruna is experiencing a surplus of children as of late."
"Damn straight! Thar's a child now! Li'l snot...."
"Did you give Grunn a GUN?!"
Nerves

Postby Calico Yorki on Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:45 pm

I want to think that Grunn can't possibly be that stupid...

But I'm also kinda...Attached to stupid Grunn. He provides entertainment. And he scares small children. Why would that be useful? Because Wisp tends to act like a small child. Thus, Grunn would be perfect for repelling her -- He just has to pull a similar act that he does to the orphans if she ever goes near the orphanage again, and -- Hey presto! -- We get: The last time she'll ever come near that place without a bodyguard.

[{WARNING: SPOILER ALERT! DO NO CONTINUE FURTHER IF YOU HAVE NOT READ VOLUME 1!}] - Lord of the Forest

I'm just wondering how he reacted to Paige being killed...On the one hand, it would give him a bad name. Well, worse -- What I mean is, his orphanage is probably gonna be getting some bad attention in times to come. On the other hand, Grunn has to have some form of a conciensce, somewhere in there. He pretty much treats all of the orphans like crap, but Paige was just a tiny little girl to go through all that, and she died so early, after her entire life can basically be summed up as:

She suffered at an orphanage. That is it.

And if Grunn is totally unaffected by that, then I hope he ends up getting killed. In a painful, messy way. And hey, the enemies here are the Nightmares! At least a painful, messy death is pretty much ensured against them.

I dunno. Does Grunn deserve that kind of death? Second opinion-request, here!
Calico Yorki

Location: With the Purple, the People, the Plastic-Eating People

Postby Gekkey Mathews on Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:59 pm

Grunn is a good guy. He subtly cares about the orphans, like how he was worried when he thought mace starved to death. (I think he uses them to try to replace his own kids, although he is a terrible father)
Gekkey Mathews

---------

PreviousNext

Return to DK Characters