Give Lilith some luvinz!!

Have a favorite character in the series? Any that remind you of a real person you know? Talk about the ones you like, the ones you hate, and see what others think.

Re: Give Lilith some luvinz!!

Postby Devious_Psychopath on Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:27 pm

Both.

and It's Mr. Smiley to you, Decoy XD
Devious_Psychopath

Postby Twilight on Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:47 am

Nightmare.. but uhm... huh that's a good point. They'd need a way to really beat the nightmares, or else this story would be pretty much endless (which I know it kind of is but I mean like, there has ot be some kind of conclusion). If that's what Lilith does then damn XD that makes her really key to the outcome of the conflict
Twilight

Postby Calico Yorki on Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:20 pm

Decoy wrote:was smiley a nightmare or just an abomination of nature? XD

Nightmares are, essentially, abominations. So...Yeah.

And someone mentioned the fact that Nightmares are, in summary, just animate life energy (A very corrupt, perverse life energy, but still living in a sense of the word) that can be given physical form...So, since Lilith seems able to completely control life energy, including what looks like an ability that removes that life energy...

Here's how the scenario plays out in my mind if Lilith masters her Power: Lilith meets Nightmare. Nightmare gets close. Lilith comes into contact, and proceeds to disperse its energy, extinguishing its existence and preventing it from reforming.

Gentlemen. I'm going to be wary of this catgirl's abilities. If you wish, you can follow my lead -- Or not, and then be surprised when Lilith finally gets Tinsel back by throttling her for what she's put her and her sister through, before draining Tinsel's life force to the point that she shrivels up into an unrecognizable shell of a living being depicting a vile caricature of its former being.

This is hypothetical. We all know Lilith wouldn't sink that low. I would, if I had that kind of power, but Lilith wouldn't, and Lilith is the focus of this thread. So yeah.

Also, is anyone intrigued by how Lilith is so much hotter than Tinsel? Well, I suppose it's because Lilith has youth to preserve her natural beauty -- Tinsel, on the other hand...Hee. And we can tell Tinsel won't get wiser with age, the deplorable hag! Puheeheehee~!

Seriously. Everybody wants Lilith. Mace and Bast want to be her boyfriend, Namah's protective as her sister and friend, and Whip apparently enjoys 'admiring her'...Meanwhile, Lilith just wants to get along with everybody, and apparently doesn't realize how awesome she is!

Thus, HILARITY ENSUES!
Calico Yorki

Location: With the Purple, the People, the Plastic-Eating People

Postby Tosxychor on Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:58 am

Well, even in Lilith can really kill a Nightmare for good, it's not like, there's a billion others in line waiting to spawn :P we'd never see the same nightmare twice anyway.

But more on topic, I do like very much Lilith as a character, and about her role in the story I can only see awesome from here. :D
Tosxychor

Postby UberUrsa on Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:01 pm

What makes me curious about Lilith's power is that the life energy she drains doesn't seem to go anywhere. It will probably not restore her to heal others, so it seems that it is an uphill battle both ways, which doesn't make sense to someone whose brain is hardwired to the law of conservation of matter and energy. So unless rocks start flying into the sky somewhere when she uses her power I will continue to be made scared and confused by the energy disappearing into the abyss...
UberUrsa

Postby Tosxychor on Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:11 am

Well, first, if you think about it a little, she's been in a nightmare's stomach for a little while... she could have come out pretty damaged by the exposure to its acids/fluids/whatever thing they use to digest. But she comes out unharmed, so she could have used her Power also to cure herself in the process.
Plus, we haven't witnessed a healing still, so she could totally do that without using any of her energy. That would mean the reemerging of energy from said abyss, right? ;)
Tosxychor

Postby Lunoe on Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:27 pm

We all know Lilith wouldn't sink that low.

*dusts off his little "devil's advocate" hat and puts it on*

I mentioned this in my powers discussion regarding the "healer stereotype" but I figure I should bring it up here as well: Is anyone else bothered that the love-interest-damsel-in-distress has a cap on her character growth?

I mean really, why shouldn't Lillith sink that low? She's clearly a smart girl, and let's face it, it's often the smartest people who see when ethics must be dispensed with. By most accounts, Lillith should probably be the first to say "Tinsel needs to die" just based on pure cost/benefit analysis. But instead, she has to run the course of her contractual genre blindness, and completely miss the darker alternatives, even though they should be readily visible to such a well read individual.

Seriously, such a development would make the love triangle *much* more interesting. I'm tired of everyone falling in love with the unblemished soul, because then it's just bickering with the other male over who gets her.

This way, it raises the question: Do they really want her, after she did that?
Lunoe

Postby Lunoe on Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:09 pm

Okay, I'd like to start by saying that killing Tinsel wouldn't be low at all.

Agreed, I probably should have put "sink that low" in quotation marks. It would totally be the right way to go.

She has to what now? I don't think she's had the option of killing Tinsel, yet. If she ever gets the chance, I could see her doing it.

I know, I'm simply saying that there is a *risk* that she'll pass on it, as that would be the exact definition of her stereotype. I'm a pessimist in that regard.

Look at Tendril's Demise! She was kicking ***!

Yes, because getting grabbed, actively drawing attention to your sneak attack, then getting slammed into a wall is just the way the pros do it. If you want to talk kicking ***, Namah is the only one who really qualifies thus far in my opinion. Twice she has opened up lifesaving cans of whupass, both of which would have elicited commentary from a disembodied announcer, provided one was present. (Personally, I'm thinking "c-c-c-combo breaker!" and "Headshot!" respectively.

Though, if we're gonna talk fail, Bast currently holds the record...
Lunoe

Postby Lunoe on Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:08 pm

Getting grabbed? Let's be honest - Tendril could've gone for whoever it wanted, and it would've got 'em.

True, but the fact that it went for her speaks to the actual story patterns. Only half of a damsel in distress is how she acts, the other half is how others react to her. So I guess I'm not only taking issue with how Lillith reacts, but how she's treated as well. I mean, the very fact that she was grabbed by tendril out of a rough 33% chance points to this, and same with the tinsel and smiley incidents. In every case, there were plenty of chances for the others to get in a bind, but it was her luck that ran out.

As for the rest, all very true. They are teenagers fighting evil: you can't expect perfection.
Lunoe

Postby Lunoe on Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:26 pm

Here's to hoping Dave starts being nicer to Lilith from now on! XD

Agreed! She deserves to live up to her full awesomeness potential.
Lunoe

---------

PreviousNext

Return to DK Characters