First question.

New to the forum? Stop on in and say hi! Wondering what this DreamKeepers stuff is all about? Ask, and get an explanation from one of our jaded veterans!

First question.

Postby boomboy on Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:09 am

Right, I'm assuming that this is the correct board to post in for dream keeper powers, (After all, it does say questions now doesn't it?)
Here is my basic concept so far, I'd like some advice on it:

Dream Keeper power: The ability to summon the ‘Ghosts’ of destroyed ships. Though there are a few limitations to this power. While the plasma form is indeed as effective as a real ghost, having the same ability to travel through walls, etc. The concentration necessary to summon one or more ships is incredibly intense. Though it usually depends on the ship being summoned. For example; it is more than easy enough to summon something like a PT boat or two to the battlefield. But to summon something like a Battleship would not only require super-human concentration, it would almost surely kill its user because of the sheer scale of the ship. It is possible to do such a feat, but only if the user is in a life threatening situation where all other options have been removed. I.e. The user is being suffocated by another and has little to no chance of escape.

Another downfall is how long ships can last in the world before they are rendered useless. Like a normal ship, it can suffer mechanical failure, hull breaches, even risking running out of ammunition. Though its biggest threat being how long a ship can last in the world.
A ship like a PT boat can survive longer in the world than a Destroyer, and a Destroyer can survive longer than a Cruiser, so on and so forth. The shortest life span of any ship would have to be the Yamato, Kongo, South Dakota, Iowa, King George V, New York and Fuso Battleships. With a record of only thirty seconds lifespan. Enough time to unload all its cannons on the target before disappearing back to their final resting places. Either in the dock yards or at the bottom of the ocean.

The shells fired from these ships are as real as the grass and the trees that surround the user. And as such, have to be fired at the right time and place. Firing too late could lead to the users extinction, leading to the disappearing of both shells and ships. Forever. Firing too early could also lead to friendly fire, leading to the same fate.

These ‘ghost’ ships are not like actual ghost ships. They are not indestructible despite their ability to traverse solid objects. If enough damage is sustained, the ship will be destroyed. Once destroyed, the user has to wait a certain period of time before he can summon it again. Note: This is per Class of ship! Not per ship!

So, suggestions anyone?
boomboy

Re: First question.

Postby Lord of the Forest on Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:50 am

Right, I'm assuming that this is the correct board to post in for dream keeper powers, (After all, it does say questions now doesn't it?

The questions in this forum are specifically about the forum itself really. All other questions can go in the other sub-forums that touch base on just general questions about the Dreamworld, the comic, and dreamkeepers and powers made by you. Just cruise by these forums and shoot a thread up about something specific. Be sure to check the first page to make sure that there isn't another thread where your question might have been answered or at least discussed.

So your 'first question' would probably be better suited in this sub-forum.
Lord of the Forest

Re: First question.

Postby boomboy on Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:06 am

Awesome sauce. Will re-direct the topic there. Cheerio!
boomboy

---------

Return to Salutations and questions