Events in DK that you don't want to happen.

Have a take on the latest Prelude strip? Share it in here! Just notice an enticing story hint in one of the graphic novels? Speculate away! Share feedback, large and small about your DreamKeepers experience. But beware, this forum may contain story spoilers.

Re: Events in DK that you don't want to happen.

Postby Ice4smaster on Mon May 21, 2012 9:19 am

True true, but it is a true ouch if you root for said character, and must add, for YEARS, as the GN and the webcomic comes at this speed, which obviuse can't be quicker. Non less if a core char is indeed killed off, it better have some meanning to it, like as said, like a self sacrefice to stop the nightmares so the others can leave, rest asured, who truely have it's heart for these character, be fictional indeed, but will feel quite a blow. Those who not as crazy for one or another char, won't have problam for sure.
Ice4smaster

Postby sylarwolf on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:34 pm

I don't want Namah to die or Mace.

I think that I could live with anyone else dieing or even Mace losing a leg or arm or something by the end. I don't want to see any of it happen, but I could live with it. I already believe that Lilith will die. It is the only thing I can think of that would be a strong enough emotional experience to awaken Mace's power. So I am trying not to get to attached to her. Plus it would give Bast a great reason to fight with Mace (you know that Mace couldn't protect her). Could be a fun scene, but I think that might be too cliché.

Oh. I also don't want to see Vi or Woods die. They are just fun, I can't wait to see more of them.

And since this is a generic events you don't want to happen. I don't want to ever see Namah being surprised by something bad happening. I just loved her "Figures..." in Volume 2 when everyone else was surprised. And on that note I also think that Jeneviv should have had the same line instead of "No!" in volume 1. at least that was the take on her personality I got from the Prelude.
sylarwolf

Postby Avolendi on Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:29 am

It's all good and well to speculate, but it doesn't help to create expectations where you limit yourself to enjoying the story based on what you think is coming.

I think it's mentioned somewhere that the idea of the story is that things happen as they do, without any Deus Ex being pulled. That also means no "you're going to die because that's convenient". The story will follow the events, not the other way around.

If you try to create expectations at every corner of the story or focus purely on not making things cliché, you're just setting yourself up to be disappointed and lose the fun track of the story itself.

As for things I don't want to happen... I don't really want anyone of the good guys to die, even though that's implausible to say the least, but I'm not going to write anyone off in advance. I want to enjoy the story to the max, because once you read someone is going to die, you can't read the story again and not know what will eventually happen.
Avolendi

Postby sylarwolf on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:54 am

There is a difference in knowing someone is going to die and believing that someone will die. If I only believe I can be presently surprised latter, plus without proof you don't really believe it. Lilith doesn't necessarily have to die, really I don't think that any of them have to die. There could always be characters that could be introduced latter that will die. Or the one that already has could fit that parameter and someone will just be injured. Also I said that I was trying not to get attached, not that I had, or was succeeding.

Things that I don't want to happen...I don't want to find out that Grunn is Mace's father, now that would be horrible (and most likely power inducing) or Tinsel his mother. It would also be awful to find out that Lilith's mom is also Mace's mother. I think that would really break poor little Mace's heart.
sylarwolf

Postby Avolendi on Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:01 pm

Ah okay, then I misinterpreted how you meant it ^^

Also ... those other things you don't want to happen ... xD
Avolendi

Postby sylarwolf on Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:32 pm

Just had another thought on Mace's parents that I would hate to see. What If Mace and Namah are twins? Think about it... Both Namah and Mace get into lots of trouble and have their whole lives. We know nothing about Mace's parents and we don't know who Namah's mother is. It is also possible that their mother was able to get one of them out...and were would that other child go? An orphanage. That would also be awful for Mace just as I said before as he would still be Lilith's half brother, and it would also eliminate Namah as a possible romantic interest later. I just keep thinking of ways to ruin Mace's life. Sorry Mace.

"Namah..."*with fear in his voice* "What are you going to do with that frog?"
"Mace..." *with desperation* "Put down the blueprints... Please!"
*an evil look passes between Mace and Namah* "Ahhhhhhh. Get these monsters away from me!!!!!"
sylarwolf

Postby Ice4smaster on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:37 am

Don't want spoilers. But let say the girls suffered enought especially one that one who was tied up.
Ice4smaster

Postby ezioauditore97 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:15 am

Well Dave likes working on this oviously so he he is not going to end it lightly or do anything without meaning because he just simply and obviously likes working on this and does not want to have to grab some boring desk job.Basically put,he has contemplated the plot for years so I am sure that it will be a surprising ride.
ezioauditore97

Postby Ice4smaster on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:59 pm

ezioauditore97 wrote:Well Dave likes working on this oviously so he he is not going to end it lightly or do anything without meaning because he just simply and obviously likes working on this and does not want to have to grab some boring desk job.Basically put,he has contemplated the plot for years so I am sure that it will be a surprising ride.

Oh no doubts there haha, but still picking on the ladies. It does makes you wanna give a hug to her and grab a war machine and declare war 10x fold on the evil doers :lol:
Ice4smaster

---------

Previous

Return to Comic story chat room