Events in DK that you don't want to happen.

Have a take on the latest Prelude strip? Share it in here! Just notice an enticing story hint in one of the graphic novels? Speculate away! Share feedback, large and small about your DreamKeepers experience. But beware, this forum may contain story spoilers.

Re: Events in DK that you don't want to happen.

Postby LollipopArcana on Fri May 11, 2012 1:34 pm

.....don't let's get into Western comics. DC etc get on my nerves.
What I mean is, just killing off a character doesn't necessarily give a story the depth an author's looking for. (Rowling is just an excellent example of an author who thinks that mortality rates are directly relevant to gritty realism and emotional development of characters) Not that I'm saying that DK doesn't have depth (although the characters are still developing) I'm saying that assuming that a character will die to add realism rather than just to forward the plot is illogical.
Realism comes from your treatment of events, not from what events occur.
LollipopArcana

Postby Wolfcape on Sun May 13, 2012 1:28 pm

Erm, Ok I get your point though the I find it a bit hard to relate. I could never get past the first chapter of Harry Potter. When I wake up its time for school. Excellent sedative though. For me XD

Back on topic, you never really said what you DIDN'T want to happen in DK...Just who is a likely candidate for death?
Wolfcape

Postby LollipopArcana on Mon May 14, 2012 2:12 am

Namah. It's probably going to be either Namah or Lil, simply because they'll 'pack a wallop' so to speak.
And I very much don't want anyone to die, let alone Namah.
(I mean after all if you put Namah, Tinsel, and Wisp in a blender with a dash of Lilith, you'd get... Something roughly akin to me. XD Ok so I just wish I only identified with Namah. So sue me.)
LollipopArcana

Postby Ice4smaster on Wed May 16, 2012 10:52 am

I hope, maybe naive to say, there won't be death of core character, but maybe a serious injury, i mean, if you kill Namah for example, not so sure would be interested in the rest of the story, if so, would be big time put off.

I not say let every one get out of this unscratched, also not the died then resurected syndrome, but a middile path so they all see the end, even if not with full health, like loss a arm, blinden, ect ect, knought into coma, but most people do like to see the heros who they root for alive.
Ice4smaster

Postby Wolfcape on Thu May 17, 2012 4:02 pm

Hmm the FAQ has revealed that not all of the protagonists will make it out alive right? So what I wish is...mentioned somewhere earlier like "wisp coming to the 'good' side". Why not, then kill her off. XD It won't be as bad as the main ones dying right?
Unless there's a hard-core Wisp fan here. Maybe Tinsel, or perhaps Randy turning over a new leaf. Just don't take away the core characters D:
Wolfcape

Postby Paperfold on Fri May 18, 2012 8:15 am

Maybe some sort of epic sacrifice at the end of one of the core characters, to stop the nightmares once and for all?
Paperfold

Postby LollipopArcana on Sun May 20, 2012 5:05 pm

Well if Wisp really is based on Mrs. Lillie, then I don't think she's gonna die.
Maybe Grunn will die. He counts as one of the good guys riiiiight?
LollipopArcana

Postby Paperfold on Sun May 20, 2012 6:24 pm

LollipopArcana wrote:Maybe Grunn will die. He counts as one of the good guys riiiiight?

But Grunn has a cute bunny tail =[
Paperfold

Postby Avolendi on Sun May 20, 2012 7:11 pm

LollipopArcana wrote:Well if Wisp really is based on Mrs. Lillie, then I don't think she's gonna die.
Maybe Grunn will die. He counts as one of the good guys riiiiight?

Recall parts of that being already answered on thursdaynight chats at some point, that no character is directly derived from real people, though there are influences from people they know. As for who can die, probably anyone. Think that would the result of actions taken and not based on some ranking of "best candidates to die". Of course that doesn't really help narrow things down ^^
Avolendi

Postby Wulfspyder03 on Sun May 20, 2012 7:53 pm

Well we all know Nabonidus will die, quite possibly due to a sudden contraction of a fiery IAMAMAN punch in the face.
Wulfspyder03

---------

PreviousNext

Return to Comic story chat room