Events in DK that you don't want to happen.

Have a take on the latest Prelude strip? Share it in here! Just notice an enticing story hint in one of the graphic novels? Speculate away! Share feedback, large and small about your DreamKeepers experience. But beware, this forum may contain story spoilers.

Re: Events in DK that you don't want to happen.

Postby herzeleid1995 on Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:57 pm

Monstermonkey wrote:
Or, Whip and Lillith.

You do realize that Whip is an animal, right o.O? As for him being a dreamkeeper, he's probably the dreamkeeper of an animal. Scientists have discovered that animals dream too.

Also, another tragic event that I do not want to occur in these comics: the death of Jeneviv!

Have you even read the first page of the first volume of the Graphic Novel Saga?

I was joking in both cases.

Oirad wrote:predictable cliches

This.
herzeleid1995

Postby Lord of the Forest on Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:09 pm

Monstermonkey wrote:Do you think their genes are even compatible, though o.O?

Without a doubt. Despite how absolutely different they are physically, they could logically conceive. Why do you think some dreamkeepers have such strange and mixed features?
Lord of the Forest

Postby SuperVaderMan on Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:24 pm

Regarding that, Fore, Dave already provided an answer
Dave wrote:Reproductive biology
With their physiques spanning an extremely wide range, reproductive biology can sometimes vary from the norm, especially with dreamkeepers having the capacity for unique personal physiology. Just as in the human world, not all dreamkeepers are compatible with one another.
Clothing can be flexible in Anduruna, since physiologies vary. A dreamkeeper can stroll around with no pants on, if they have sufficient fur or other body coverings to conceal their non-public zones. The general social rule in Anduruna is that, for any private areas that are visible, clothing is supposed to cover it.
When it comes to reproduction, the one steadfast rule parallels our world: Females are the ones who become pregnant, as a result of intercourse with a male. When it comes to creating a new soul, the dreamkeepers must match the creative act of their human counterparts, which is why this rule is in place - to keep the worlds properly mirrored.
Children often have a blend of physical traits from both parents: But just as often, they will look utterly different. Since a dreamkeeper is derived from the psychological traits of its human counterpart, this explains why some dreamkeepers turn out like their parents and some go in a starkly different direction.

It is true that the difference in physiology doesn't automatically discount compatibility.

It is NOT necessarily true that a child will closely resemble his/her parents. Two mammals, for example, could breed and give birth to a reptile. Genetics be damned!
SuperVaderMan

Postby Lord of the Forest on Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:43 pm

SuperVaderMan wrote:It is NOT necessarily true that a child will closely resemble his/her parents. Two mammals, for example, could breed and give birth to a reptile. Genetics be damned!

True, but I suppose it all depends on the parents and the human child in that regard. Either they inherit particular traits or they don't. It appears to be a very efficient scale for a dreamkeepers development. Do they have more than just the apple of their mother's eye or are they radical to the max?

There was an interesting topic about it back over here > dk-children-and-whether-they-get-beaks-or-muzzles-t265.html

Initially, I'm not sure if I would want the Lillith and Namah's mother drama fully explored in the novels. Then again, I have to consider that the novels are more appropriate for the hard hitting drama instead of Prelude, which sticks to a comic strip more than anything. I'd rather not tackle enormous character development in that when it could be create a larger impact in the novels.
Lord of the Forest

Postby DarkAngel on Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:48 am

herzeleid1995 wrote:Or, Whip and Lillith.

Well, if Whip is to be considered a romantic candidate, I'd have to go with him & Namah.

(Unless she's really serious about eating him. In which case holy crap, did they stop feeding her at the Tower or something?)
DarkAngel

Postby Wolfcape on Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:47 pm

Apparently the topic has turned into like "who you do not want to die" sorta thing in the earlier pages ^^ Due to the FAQ.

As for me, I personally do not want anybody to die, but in a roundabout way the story is mean to be somewhat (emphasis on the uncertainty) realistic. If it were just any other story, everybody coming out without losses sounds cliche.

One major problem (for me) is that all the characters are so likable (erm, referring to the protagonists) and you kinda form a bond with them >.< It happens to me with every good book. Its not weird, is it?

In conclusion (geez sounds like I'm writing a book report) the main idea is I don't want any of the protagonist to die. Including Whip. Now that is something surely somebody can agree on...This is so cliche. But its my opinion. Thanks for reading.

~Josh
Wolfcape

Postby Wulfspyder03 on Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:49 am

Aside from not wanting any of the main characters to die, I hope that the triangle of Bast-Lilith-Mace isn't played like one extended "rooster fight".
Wulfspyder03

Postby Wolfcape on Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:23 pm

Wulfspyder03 wrote:Aside from not wanting any of the main characters to die, I hope that the triangle of Bast-Lilith-Mace isn't played like one extended "rooster fight".

I don't think so, its just for a lil' drama. But I agree, the last thing we want is another Korean series in the style of a comic book ^^

In addition to not wanting the protagonists to die, I'd hate to have any of the characters coming back with their head-and-an-arm only powered by Lilith's powers as long as she can hold out...That will be so tragic.
Wolfcape

Postby LollipopArcana on Wed May 09, 2012 4:34 pm

I'm thinking Namah is a likely candidate for death (even though she's like my favorite character ever) simply because she's the loner, and as much as Prelude focuses on her problems, I'd say her sister is the focus of most of the interest.
Which makes me think it's going to be Namah, or less likely, Lil 'cause she'll pack an emotional punch for everyone and she seems like the self-sacrificing type.
Mace will just be left with horrible guilt issues and the ability to lift really heavy sh-stuff. :geek:
Also, death of characters doesn't equal realism, no matter what Rowling thinks.
LollipopArcana

Postby Wolfcape on Fri May 11, 2012 1:24 pm

So erm, you think realistic is multiple resurrections seen in most superhero comic books, whether clones or whatever, they're still just coming back? No offense ^^

Did I ever tell anyone how much I hate a sad ending? Books like Inheritance [Inheritance Cycle - Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, Inheritance] put me in a sour rage for several days until I get over it. So I really really hope nothing epicly tragic happens...unfortunately...we kinda know it will.
Wolfcape

---------

PreviousNext

Return to Comic story chat room